1978 Boler / 17 footer / MINT! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #15

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe

Not seriously angry! But the auction closed out at about $3,995. That is just terrible. We all know that 15k was a pie-in-the-sky price to get, but COME-ON!!!!!!!!!!
I talked to the owner. This might be the BEST 17 foot Boler in existence in the condition and upgrades leftin the WORLD! Everyone has to compare this to an Oliver at 22k or a EggCamper at 20k or a Escape at 19k or 20k. This is a slice of Candian History and the only way to compare it is to one of these new ones and the WINNER and no real comparison: THE MINT 17ft BOLER!!!!!!!!!!!! The owner said they may post it on this sight and see what happens. If not, they will just keep this CROWN JEWEL of Canada and make everyone jealous that they owned the Best 17 ft Boler EVER! That's is my 2 Cents!

Dave in Michigan
The Trillium King
P.S. If I didn't get my trillium 1st, I would get that Boler in a HEART BEAT!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I think most people would see a 30 year old trailer and a $15,000 price tag and think... I can buy a new one (stickie) for that. We know there are lots of trailers in this group that are 30 years old, but it's not old enough to be a classic (in my mind anyway) and for just a few thousand $$ more I can get a brand new molded fiberglass trailer... I'm thinking of the appliances....

Old 03-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #17

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Dave, I feel that people were afraid to bid on it. With only four pictures and the way the payment description read it turned people off. I agree with you that it looks like a very nice trailer. If you want to get the big bucks on ebay the ad has to look flashy, enticing, and be very complete. This ad was none of those things even tho the product was nice. Big difference in selling clothing, which is what the seller usually sells, than a trailer.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Dave, I feel that people were afraid to bid on it. With only four pictures and the way the payment description read it turned people off. I agree with you that it looks like a very nice trailer. If you want to get the big bucks on ebay the ad has to look flashy, enticing, and be very complete. This ad was none of those things even tho the product was nice. Big difference in selling clothing, which is what the seller usually sells, than a trailer.
If you read all my messages, you woluld know I was the one on the Caboose with a conductor on a RUN-A-Way Train!!!
It took me 4 e-mails and 3 phone calls to get her to make any changes. To boot, she took to long in between to put the added info and chopped it up at that!!!!!!! I said she needed to answer the questions asked and she didn't. I asked her to put more photos, she didn't. You are right, this is'nt selling a skirt or blouse or a pair of pants. She still has the CROWN JEWEL, and the rest of us can only DREAM a little DREAM!!!!

Dave
The Trillium King
Old 03-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #19

Quote:
I think most people would see a 30 year old trailer and a $15,000 price tag and think... I can buy a new one (stickie) for that. We know there are lots of trailers in this group that are 30 years old, but it's not old enough to be a classic (in my mind anyway) and for just a few thousand $$ more I can get a brand new molded fiberglass trailer... I'm thinking of the appliances....
Donna,
You and I truely know this for a fact. My point, is if you are going to pay 15K it needs to be justified and compared to a higher power.... A-NEW- Fiberglass-Trailer comparison!
If I had the means and the timing was right, I think maybe 10K would be more fair of a final price. The new Jen-Air stove was BRAND New. That cost a couple pennies alone!

Dave
The Trillium KIng
Old 03-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #20

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
They said they [b]have to get $15,000.
Unfortunately, you cannot always get what you want. Especially in a softening economy. It's nice to know there's one out there that's been spiffed up that nicely. It gives some of the rest of us hope that we can do as well... but it also should give us pause to realize the economics of it all.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #21

Oregon
Quote:
As the auction stands...they have one price:
$15,000 C
$15,159.17 US

They said they have to get $15,000.
I wouldn't be the least bit interested in paying this amount of money without a fully functioning bathroom. A Porta Potty doesn't count toward that either... I wouldn't care how nice the rest of the trailer was...
Old 03-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #22

Quote:
I wouldn't be the least bit interested in paying this amount of money without a fully functioning bathroom. A Porta Potty doesn't count toward that either... I wouldn't care how nice the rest of the trailer was...
Donna,
That is a fully self-contained toilet and working sink....I don't know what you are talking about.
Dave
Old 03-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #23

Oregon
Quote:
Donna,
That is a fully self-contained toilet and working sink....I don't know what you are talking about.
Dave
Right from the ad on eBay Dave:
"1978 Boler 17feet is in superb condition! New laminate flooring, New 3 way fridge, New Oven. [b]There is a toilet no shower, an eating place that folds down into a double bed, and a couch that folds out into a double bed. It has a sink, and lots of closet space. Just of note, I purchased some wild material to re-cover the cushions to give it a more hippie look. The cushions are presently a blue jean material. I draped the hippie material over the cushions so you could see what they look like. Before you bid on the boler, please let me know if you are happy with the blue jean upolstry. I will send you a picture. Otherwise, I will give you the material if you want it to re cover the cushions. It would take me a while to actually sew them myself. You won't find another cleaner Boler than this one. Email me for further pictures."

Fully-functioning bathroom to me, means a shower too. Sorry I didn't say that in the first posting.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #24

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Wow, what a heated thread =)

This Boler is located 30 minutes from me. Not interested in buying (far too big for my TV) but I might just drive up there and check it out.

Has anyone investigated a brokerage firm for a transaction like this?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #25

Name: Norm
Trailer: Bigfoot 19
British Columbia
Quote:
Wow, what a heated thread =)

This Boler is located 30 minutes from me. Not interested in buying (far too big for my TV) but I might just drive up there and check it out.

Has anyone investigated a brokerage firm for a transaction like this?
Hi Booker, I looked ot the trailer a couple of weeks ago but decided I didn't want it at any price. Its very clean but not restored in any way I could see. Lots of rust on the frame and everything looks original.
Norm
Old 03-23-2008, 08:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Hi Booker, I looked ot the trailer a couple of weeks ago but decided I didn't want it at any price. Its very clean but not restored in any way I could see. Lots of rust on the frame and everything looks original.
Norm
Hey Norm,
I was purely going on what the owner said. She said it was fully updated and in Mint condition. I couldn't tell from the photos posted on Ebay. Then she was Full of you know what. Here I was trying to defend her with her BEST Ever 17 Ft Boler....That is a JOKE...Ha..Ha..
$15,000. Maybe more like $8,000?

Dave in Michigan
"The Trillium King"

Old 03-23-2008, 09:56 PM   #27

Name: Norm
Trailer: Bigfoot 19
British Columbia
Quote:
Hey Norm,
I was purely going on what the owner said. She said it was fully updated and in Mint condition. I couldn't tell from the photos posted on Ebay. Then she was Full of you know what. Here I was trying to defend her with her BEST Ever 17 Ft Boler....That is a JOKE...Ha..Ha..
$15,000. Maybe more like $8,000?

Dave in Michigan
"The Trillium King"
I would say more like $3000.00. I just remembered that it had a new laminate floor but overall it looked its age.
Norm
Old 03-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #28

Trailer: Burro
New Mexico
It's BAAAACK!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/BOLER-Scamp-Casita-Burr...emZ150231212356

This time with more complicated payment explications for how to get those 15k into their checking account........

Tags
boler