1978 Trillium 4500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2006, 11:22 AM   #1

Trailer: 86 Burro 17 ft Widebody

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy_of_DSC00016.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	1887
Hello,
My Trillium i4500 is for sale.
Trillium 4500, 14.5 feet long fiberglass travel trailer, 1978. 3 way
refrigerator, Fantastic 3 speed vent fan with rain sensor, furnace, stove,
sink, electric brakes, good tires. I removed the 12VDC converter because it was old and the old ones boil out the battery. I still have the old converter. This was a TM (toilet model) but I removed that to make the front a couch area. I still have all of the parts for the washroom area. I also have the box awning that I removed and it's screen room. I have had it for about 3 years and now we are using the Burro. E-mail or PM for more pics and details. $4500.00
Located in eastern MA
Rick
Old 03-26-2006, 01:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Hi Rick,
I'am sorry that you are selling this Gem. We talked about 6 months ago in regards to your screened awning, to sell me. I'am still very interested, please let me know!
Thanks, Dave Baston
Old 03-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi Rick,
I'am sorry that you are selling this Gem. We talked about 6 months ago in regards to your screened awning, to sell me. I'am still very interested, please let me know!
Thanks, Dave Baston
Dave,
I don't remember what happened to our correspondence but I think I replied and did not hear from you. Anyway, for now I'll keep the screen room package together with the trailer unless new owners do not want it. By the way I will not be without a glass trailer as my Burro is now being used.
Rick
Old 03-27-2006, 04:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Dave,
I don't remember what happened to our correspondence but I think I replied and did not hear from you. Anyway, for now I'll keep the screen room package together with the trailer unless new owners do not want it. By the way I will not be without a glass trailer as my Burro is now being used.
Rick
Hi Rick,
Thanks for the reply back. Most certainly if the new owners don'nt want the srceened room, let me know ASAP. I'am glad you still have glass. How do you like the Burro over the Trillium you are selling ...Pros...Cons? Dave
Old 05-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #5

Hello,

Now, $4000.00 US

Rick

Quote:
Attachment 1887
Hello,
My Trillium i4500 is for sale.
Trillium 4500, 14.5 feet long fiberglass travel trailer, 1978. 3 way
refrigerator, Fantastic 3 speed vent fan with rain sensor, furnace, stove,
sink, electric brakes, good tires. I removed the 12VDC converter because it was old and the old ones boil out the battery. I still have the old converter. This was a TM (toilet model) but I removed that to make the front a couch area. I still have all of the parts for the washroom area. I also have the box awning that I removed and it's screen room. I have had it for about 3 years and now we are using the Burro. E-mail or PM for more pics and details. $4500.00
Located in eastern MA
Rick
Old 05-05-2006, 08:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Hello,

Now, $4000.00 US

Rick
Hi Rick,
I e-mailed you serveral times with no reply to get an update on your Trillium being sold. FYI a 78 Trillium 4500 just sold for just over $4000 about 2 weeks ago on Ebay Motors. Item # 4634516056. If you don't have any luck here, then I think this could be a good 2nd option to sell. I noticed your Fantastic Rain Sensor. The factory is just over an hour from my home here in Michigan. I'am trying to decide on going with your model 6000 or going with model 5000. Any advise? Also did it help to keep the Trillium more comfortable in the heat? Last, but not least..I still want your "Screen Room". I will use it on every trip. Let me know. Also my direct e-mail address is : dbaston1@netzero.com
Thanks Again Rick,
Dave in Michigan
Old 05-05-2006, 08:11 PM   #7

Dave,
I replied to a couple of your e-mails and I know at least one bounced back. I'm going to keep the screen room with the trailer unless the new owner does not want it. There are a couple of pieces of awning rail mounted on the lower portion of the trailer to close the room off to the ground. There are also about 20 of those spring loaded twisting retainers to which the "screen room" to "trailer" attach. I thought I sent pictures of it to you. I did see the Trillium 4500 on e-bay and I have considered putting it up there. Maybe next week. When I put the Fantastic fan in, I just bought it with all of the options. There are a few things that I would like to see differernt with the fan. For instance, the thermostat must be set to high with the unit "on" if you just want to leave the vent cover open with no fan running so that if it rains it will close. I would like to have independent control over all functions. I also put one in my Burro. The windows in the Trillium are superior for ventilation and the fan just adds to their effectiveness. Although expensive I feel it is a worthwhile addition. Another nice thing about the Trill 4500 is the rear escape window allows the simple addition of a standard 5000 BTU room A/C. (Wal-Mart $79.00)
Picture is of rear bottom skirt attach rail.
Bye,
Rick

P.S.
I bought this trailer in upper peninsula in MI and pulled it home. Also took it on a couple of long trips down south and then up into Maine. The Trillium 4500 offers a great sleeping bed size and is ideal for smaller vehicles where you can get a mileage advantage from smaller frontal profiles. It is a great trailer but I need at least an F150 truck (for work). The towing mileage is hardly affected by the length of the trailer. I get the same mileage towing the 14.5' Trillium vs the 17' wide body Burro also I have plenty of tongue capacity so we'll keep the Burro for a while. Stay tuned for my latest Burro mod.
Attached Thumbnails
rear_rail.jpg  
Old 05-05-2006, 08:17 PM   #8

Work.
Oak, 146 years old, 75" diameter at base, 150' umbrella, 14 cords of wood and about 20 nice table slabs etc, etc, etc.
Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Rick_and_67_tree_resize.JPG  
Old 05-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #9

Trailer: 78 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Work.
Oak, 146 years old, 75" diameter at base, 150' umbrella, 14 cords of wood and about 20 nice table slabs etc, etc, etc.
Rick
Hello Rick,
I live outside of Albany NY and might be interested in your trillium. Could you please email me some interior/exterior pics? I am not that familiar with trilliums. You mention a lower profile and my wife and I are both 6'. What is the interior headroom might I ask?
Also, how long might you be willing to hold it (after payment) while I try to set up transport.
Could you kindly supply any other details about condition of frame /exterior condition/tires?
Thank you kindly. George
Old 05-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #10

Trailer: 78 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Work.
Rick
Sorry Rick,
Don't know if you can access my email from my query. It's cgreen1@localnet.com. George
Old 05-06-2006, 08:37 AM   #11

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Hi Rick,

I live very close to eastern Ma. and I am interested in your trailer.Could you e-mail me some interior and exterior pictures? My e-mail is bghri@charter.net Thanks Bob
Old 05-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #12

George and Bob,
I sent both of you e-mails. If you need more info please let me know.
Thank you for your interest,
Rick
Old 05-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Dave,
I replied to a couple of your e-mails and I know at least one bounced back. I'm going to keep the screen room with the trailer unless the new owner does not want it. There are a couple of pieces of awning rail mounted on the lower portion of the trailer to close the room off to the ground. There are also about 20 of those spring loaded twisting retainers to which the "screen room" to "trailer" attach. I thought I sent pictures of it to you. I did see the Trillium 4500 on e-bay and I have considered putting it up there. Maybe next week. When I put the Fantastic fan in, I just bought it with all of the options. There are a few things that I would like to see differernt with the fan. For instance, the thermostat must be set to high with the unit "on" if you just want to leave the vent cover open with no fan running so that if it rains it will close. I would like to have independent control over all functions. I also put one in my Burro. The windows in the Trillium are superior for ventilation and the fan just adds to their effectiveness. Although expensive I feel it is a worthwhile addition. Another nice thing about the Trill 4500 is the rear escape window allows the simple addition of a standard 5000 BTU room A/C. (Wal-Mart $79.00)
Picture is of rear bottom skirt attach rail.
Bye,
Rick

P.S.
I bought this trailer in upper peninsula in MI and pulled it home. Also took it on a couple of long trips down south and then up into Maine. The Trillium 4500 offers a great sleeping bed size and is ideal for smaller vehicles where you can get a mileage advantage from smaller frontal profiles. It is a great trailer but I need at least an F150 truck (for work). The towing mileage is hardly affected by the length of the trailer. I get the same mileage towing the 14.5' Trillium vs the 17' wide body Burro also I have plenty of tongue capacity so we'll keep the Burro for a while. Stay tuned for my latest Burro mod.
Hi Rick,
Thanks for the reply. I did'nt realize there was an additional "C" bracket on the the bottom the Trillium to close it off even more. It's nice to see that you got your Trillium from Michigan, quite a drive! My offer still stands, if the new owners don't want the screen room or don't think they are going to use it, then please let me know...O.K.
As far as the A/C unit, I tried what you said already. My lay-out has the bathroom and pocketed love seat like yours upfront, but in the back I have both the table that converts to a bed and a full size bunk bed that rest just above the queen bed. So, when I put bunk down the A/C unit is in thr way But ...don't forget about what I said about the screen room please Have a super day Rick!!! Dave in Michigan
Old 05-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #14

Trailer: Eurovan (want fiberglass)
Hi, we're in Eastern Massachusetts. Could you please e-mail some additional photos of your trillium? Thank you, Jean/Jack at Buzaumom(a)hotmail.com
Old 05-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I live in eastern ma. Would like to look at your trailer. What town are you in? Please email me at mariarne@lycos.com Thank you
Old 05-13-2006, 09:44 AM   #16

Hello,
The trailer is under agreement.
Thank you,
Rick
Old 05-13-2006, 03:58 PM   #17

Quote:
Hello,
The trailer is under agreement.
Thank you,
Rick
Hi Rick,
Congratulations early on the selling of your Trillium 4500

Now, the question , do the new owners want the screen room? Thanks

Dave in Michigan
Old 05-13-2006, 04:50 PM   #18

Dave,
New owner will get it and has seen your previous posts. If he decides not to keep it he would probably sell it to you.
Thanks,
Rick
Old 05-14-2006, 04:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Dave,
New owner will get it and has seen your previous posts. If he decides not to keep it he would probably sell it to you.
Thanks,
Rick
Rick,
Thank You very much. If you can, please give them my direct e-mail address and phone# :

dbaston1@netzero.com

#(517) 552-7202

Thanks again Rick,

Dave
PS:
If they want, I can exchange my awning that is only 2 years old also. It has the 3 pole system with tie downs that I bought through Sears of Canada. Which they did'nt sell screen rooms and now don'nt sell the awning I have anymore.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:52 AM   #20

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
If they want, I can exchange my awning that is only 2 years old also. It has the 3 pole system with tie downs that I bought through Sears of Canada. Which they did'nt sell screen rooms and now don'nt sell the awning I have anymore.
Don't know it this will help, but I found a site with awnings and add a rooms today.
Add a room
Maybe you can both have an add a room!
Roy

Tags
trillium