1979 19' BIGGAR the "Biggar Boler" - Tearful Sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2009, 04:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
I don't wanna sell this. But I kinda have no choice.

So this is not any ordinary trailer (not even for us egg lovers)... this is a really unusual, collector, disco molded fiberglass egg like no other. She's a BIGGAR, and the joke has always been it was named that because it's just a bigger boler - but she really looks more boxy like a trillium . Alas, it's really because they were built in Biggar, Saskatchewan but who really cares. The point is, this thing is sweet. It has a DOUBLE molded fiberglass shell... this means an outer shell (including underneath like a boat), and a slightly smaller inner shell. This leaves a 1" - 2" space in between for insulation. Yes, this is a fully insulated winter trailer with a thermostat & a furnace that pumps. But who wants to think about a FURNACE in this heatwave???

Anyway, here's the scoop:

19' Biggar
tandem axle
full rear bathroom - toilet / sink / shower
4-burner stove / oven / big fridge / furnace / microwave
sink - electric pump
U-shaped front dinette / extra big double bed
couch / small double bed
2 batteries
2 propane tanks
tinted windows
TONS of storage

Freshly maintained/replaced this summer:
- electrical (inverter/converter/wiring)
- repaired & inspected water lines
- new propane hoses & full gas line safety test
- new hot water tank/system

no leaks, no mold, no rats. The truth is the inside could really use some style inside - I just never got around to it because I was busy having babies.

Please come inspect the trailer top to bottom, but it won't be available to take away for a couple weeks. We really want to finish up the electrical & hose stuff first.

Asking $6900 - Serious inquiries only please.

INTERIOR SHOTS COMING...
Attached Thumbnails
biggar___IMG_3482.jpg  
Old 07-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I remember reading how excited you were when you found this trailer last spring. Should be easy to sell, it's a great little trailer.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:18 PM   #3

Quote:
I remember reading how excited you were when you found this trailer last spring. Should be easy to sell, it's a great little trailer.
Oh booker, I know - this sucks. I don't wanna sell it!!! It is SO COOL & gets so much attention everywhere we go. Y'know how there are 2 kinds of trailers... the "cabin" trailers (all the amenities inside), and the "bedroom" trailers (you just sleep in them & do all your living outside)... This was the cabin trailer, which was great for our wee babies.

We used it TONS last summer - so much fun. But we just can't tow it or store it any more (a move and a vehicle downgrade) and I certainly won't let it rot there.

*sigh*

*sob*
Old 08-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #4

Name: Phil
Trailer: 17ft 98 Casita FD
Texas
look forward to seeing the inside photos
Old 08-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
sooo... whats the dry weight?
Old 08-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler
Quote:
I don't wanna sell this. But I kinda have no choice.

Asking $6900 - Serious inquiries only please.

INTERIOR SHOTS COMING...
Hi there,
First time on this board and navigating around a bit, good fun!
I have a 13' Boler and am interested in upgrading to a larger 17 or 19 foot fiberglass.
I'm wondering what the dry weight of your trailer is as well.I live just across the pond in Sidney on Vancouver Island and so would be quite interested in checking your Bigger out!Any plans on coming over to Vancouver Island? I work at Butchart Gardens and would be happy to invite you and your Bigger over for a visit!!Is it kosher to ask for a phone number to get more details, or I would gladly post mine.
Look forward to hearing back from you.
Dave Sled
Old 08-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #7

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Quote:
Hi there,
First time on this board and navigating around a bit, good fun!
I have a 13' Boler and am interested in upgrading to a larger 17 or 19 foot fiberglass.
I'm wondering what the dry weight of your trailer is as well.I live just across the pond in Sidney on Vancouver Island and so would be quite interested in checking your Bigger out!Any plans on coming over to Vancouver Island? I work at Butchart Gardens and would be happy to invite you and your Bigger over for a visit!!Is it kosher to ask for a phone number to get more details, or I would gladly post mine.
Look forward to hearing back from you.
Dave Sled
Dave,

Click on Cassandra's name in his/her post, then click profile. From there you can send an email or private message.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:28 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler
Hello again Casandra,
I've e-mailed and left messages on the board and am wondering if they are being recieved.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #9

Hi Cassandra,

l Would like to see your trailer, it seems be what I am looking for.

If you could reply with your address or contact me at 403-519-9885 we
could set up a day that works for both of us. I live in Calgary and
would be driving to Fernie at the end of this week to visit friends. So'
that would work for me.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Beth Stevenson
Old 08-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #10

Wink

So sorry for the delay... been a bit out of commission without the time to sit down & get to selling the Biggar (maybe I'm intentionally putting it off cuz I really wanna keep it).

OOOOOOOKAY - since everyone has such WONDERFUL questions, I shall post all responses here:

GVW (totally loaded)
- 1800 kg (3960 lbs); dry weight unknown; was towed with Ford F250 & a Toyota 4runner
Electric brakes - yes!
Water Pump - electric 12v pump
Tires - OK but should be replaced in the next couple years, but no cracking or anything (I think they're they're car tires - not trailer tires - plus a spare)
Bathroom - 3 piece - shower, toilet, sink all in one molded fiberglass super-closet
Bunks - no. Front dinette is large double bed (51" x 76" - big!), & rear couch is smaller double bed (44" x 73" - almost same size as the boler double).
Oven - yes. Full 4-burner stovetop with full LP oven (mind you, I've never roasted a turkey out on the road... but it's good for pizzas I guess)
Propane Tanks - 2 - 20 gallon
Awning - yes. attached & spring-rolled with mounting hooks on the side of the trailer.
Willing to meet out of town - sure, if it's within 4 hours of Vancouver & you cover expenses
Hot water - brand spankin' shiny & new Water Heater & tank this week. We discovered a crack in the tank & rather than replace just the tank with an old crappy heater unit, we upgraded it all (not cheap!).
Wiring - it's a rat's nest of pigtails & electrician's tape. We have NOT gotten around to replacing converter yet, as hubby is attempting to untangle the rat's nest... What works is everything on 12v (lights, water pump, fridge, range hood fan, built-in radio/speakers) - What DOESN'T work is charging the battery off 110, and anything running on 110 (electrical outlets).

Suggestions?

ok, that's the deal for the week. Pictures posted tomorrow, I promise. Viewing any time you like - I'm going on maternity leave this week so I'll finally have some time to deal with the Biggar (at least for another couple weeks, anyway!).
Old 08-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #11

Gotcha Dave. Sorry - just been pre-occupied & haven't had time to focus on the little fiberglass gem. I posted the ad a little prematurely I think (here & Craigslist) - wasn't ready for all the responses! No plans to bring the Biggar to the island... you are welcome to check it out here (only 20 minutes from the Tsawassen ferry), or wait & I'll post a plethora of pictures tomorrow. We'll be available to show the trailer starting this weekend I think!

Quote:
Hello again Casandra,
I've e-mailed and left messages on the board and am wondering if they are being recieved.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #12

Exclamation

Hi Cassandra,

I am going to be in Fernie this weekend and would like to come to VCR tol see "Hazel"
lIs Salturday a good day for you? My kids and I love camping but had to sell our
old trailer 6 years ago, but we are ready to start camping again!

Beth Stevenson
Old 08-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #13

Beth...
Hazel? You've named her? Quite an appropriate name.. she's also gone by Lola & Amber.
Yes, late Saturday is fine (after 4) and all day Sunday is peachy too.

Will you be towing a trailer out here? If not, let's talk... maybe you can bring me something from Calgary

Quote:
Hi Cassandra,

I am going to be in Fernie this weekend and would like to come to VCR tol see "Hazel"
lIs Salturday a good day for you? My kids and I love camping but had to sell our
old trailer 6 years ago, but we are ready to start camping again!

Beth Stevenson
Old 08-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #14

PHOTOS... at long last.

Exterior shots (& tanks/tires/seals etc):
Exterior Shots Here

Interior shots:
Interior Shots Here

Craigslist ad: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...318259316.html
Attached Thumbnails
biggar_IMG_1550_small.jpg   biggar_in___full_length_beds_down_small.jpg  

biggar_in___full_length_beds_up_small.jpg   biggar_in___rear_sofabed_down_small.jpg  

Old 08-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #15

Name: Phil
Trailer: 17ft 98 Casita FD
Texas
impressive
Old 08-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #16

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
For viewers of the flickr site - you need to change the [at] text in the url to the real at sign (shift 2).

Man, looks like a nice LARGE trailer. Wish I had a TV that would pull it
Old 08-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #17

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
For viewers of the flickr site - you need to change the [at] text in the url to the real at sign (shift 2).

Man, looks like a nice LARGE trailer. Wish I had a TV that would pull it
No worries, I fixed them all.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:32 AM   #18

Quote:
Beth...
Hazel? You've named her? Quite an appropriate name.. she's also gone by Lola & Amber.
Yes, late Saturday is fine (after 4) and all day Sunday is peachy too.

Will you be towing a trailer out here? If not, let's talk... maybe you can bring me something from Calgary
Hi Cassandra,

No I won't be towing a trailer but, what is the hitch size in case I need to tow a trailer back?

Your trailer looks very nice and I am seriously interested. What can I bring you from Calgary?

Beth
Old 08-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #19

Donna D - THANKS!

Beth - ball size is 2". There was a little trillium in Calgary for cheap which got me to thinking... but the last thing I need is ANOTHER trailer to renovate (already have a 13' trill). So never mind bringing me something! See private email re: viewing arrangements.

Quote:
Hi Cassandra,

No I won't be towing a trailer but, what is the hitch size in case I need to tow a trailer back?

Your trailer looks very nice and I am seriously interested. What can I bring you from Calgary?

Beth
Old 08-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #20

Quote:
PHOTOS... at long last.

Exterior shots (& tanks/tires/seals etc):
Exterior Shots Here

Interior shots:
Interior Shots Here

Craigslist ad: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...318259316.html
Hi Casandra,
I've just joined the site so I hope this works...
I love your trailer!
I would like to come see it as soon as convenient/possible. I can come out any time today, tomorrow morning, or any time Friday. Are you around?
Cheers,
Lisa

Tags
biggar, boler