1979 Trillium 4500 - Still Available - Fiberglass RV


 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Posts: 14
I have a nice 1979 Trillium 4500 for sale in Tucson AZ. We had it checked out when we bought it two years ago and had the electrical system refurbished. Three-burner gas stove works great. Gas/electric fridge keeps food good and cold. Dometic furnace puts out plenty of heat. Sadly, no AC. Front bunks. Four-person dinette makes into full bed--we add a 2 inch memory foam type pad to make it quite luxurious. Portapotty. Lights all work, inside and out. One rear window pane needs fixing. Has a folding tubular metal frame attached to the back wall that a previous user added, which we have used with shade cloth for, well, shade!

I'd like to get $4000. Would consider delivering in AZ, possibly NM or parts of TX. In fact, we are planning a trip from Tucson to New England in July, so could possibly deliver anywhere along a route from here to Chicago and on to Vermont, for an additional fee.

I can send pictures or post here if anyone's interested. It looks a lot like every Trillium 4500 I've seen here!
__________________

__________________
Nora Miller is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 3
Hi Nora,
do you have photos, & what is the length, including toungue?? Thanks! Jody
__________________

__________________
Jody Petersen is offline  
Old 05-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Name: straykat
Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500
Posts: 6
Quote:
I have a nice 1979 Trillium 4500 for sale in Tucson AZ. We had it checked out when we bought it two years ago and had the electrical system refurbished. Three-burner gas stove works great. Gas/electric fridge keeps food good and cold. Dometic furnace puts out plenty of heat. Sadly, no AC. Front bunks. Four-person dinette makes into full bed--we add a 2 inch memory foam type pad to make it quite luxurious. Portapotty. Lights all work, inside and out. One rear window pane needs fixing. Has a folding tubular metal frame attached to the back wall that a previous user added, which we have used with shade cloth for, well, shade!

I'd like to get $4000. Would consider delivering in AZ, possibly NM or parts of TX. In fact, we are planning a trip from Tucson to New England in July, so could possibly deliver anywhere along a route from here to Chicago and on to Vermont, for an additional fee.

I can send pictures or post here if anyone's interested. It looks a lot like every Trillium 4500 I've seen here!


Don't sell it, that's cheap, you will miss it. Good 4500's are few and far between.
__________________
ROBERT ONEILL is offline  
Old 05-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 62
Hello Nora Miller,
I agree, if you are not going to use it, sell it so that another can enjoy it.
Spring is a great time to offer the trailer with vacations coming up.
I wish I was on your route, but I am in the other direction near San Diego.
It sounds like you might have a buyer in the high desert.
Best wishes.
Mitchell
__________________
Mitchell is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Posts: 14
Hi Mitchell. Raya decided that she wanted one of the other 4500 body styles, with a bathroom, so it is still available. I might consider a trip towards San Diego if you are really interested. Perhaps we could meet somewhere in the middle.

Let me know!

Nora

Quote:
Hello Nora Miller,
I agree, if you are not going to use it, sell it so that another can enjoy it.
Spring is a great time to offer the trailer with vacations coming up.
I wish I was on your route, but I am in the other direction near San Diego.
It sounds like you might have a buyer in the high desert.
Best wishes.
Mitchell
__________________
Nora Miller is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Posts: 14
Hi Jody. There are photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/onemiller/Trillium19784500

The trailer is 13 ft with tongue.



Quote:
Hi Nora,
do you have photos, & what is the length, including toungue?? Thanks! Jody
__________________
Nora Miller is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
Member
 
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Posts: 61
Quote:
I have a nice 1979 Trillium 4500 for sale in Tucson AZ. We had it checked out when we bought it two years ago and had the electrical system refurbished. Three-burner gas stove works great. Gas/electric fridge keeps food good and cold. Dometic furnace puts out plenty of heat. Sadly, no AC. Front bunks. Four-person dinette makes into full bed--we add a 2 inch memory foam type pad to make it quite luxurious. Portapotty. Lights all work, inside and out. One rear window pane needs fixing. Has a folding tubular metal frame attached to the back wall that a previous user added, which we have used with shade cloth for, well, shade!

I'd like to get $4000. Would consider delivering in AZ, possibly NM or parts of TX. In fact, we are planning a trip from Tucson to New England in July, so could possibly deliver anywhere along a route from here to Chicago and on to Vermont, for an additional fee.

I can send pictures or post here if anyone's interested. It looks a lot like every Trillium 4500 I've seen here!
Do you have a recent weight certificate? I can't tow more than 1500lbs. Thanks, Celia
__________________
CeliaL is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:26 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Booker B.'s Avatar
 
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 983
Hi Celia,

The Trillium 4500 (14.5 feet) loaded will be close to or over 2000lbs. Our Trillium 1300 (13 feet) loaded was 1900lbs.
__________________
Booker B. is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #9
Member
 
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Posts: 61
Quote:
Hi Celia,

The Trillium 4500 (14.5 feet) loaded will be close to or over 2000lbs. Our Trillium 1300 (13 feet) loaded was 1900lbs.
Thanks! Guess I should stay with Compact Jr.s. But yours was so nice ;-)
__________________
CeliaL is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Posts: 14
Unhappy

I apologize to one and all--this Trillium in fact measures 14 and a half feet long with the tongue. That's what I get for making assumptions!!

For those who didn't see it, here's a link to pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/onemiller/Trillium19784500

I do not have a current weight certificate--that too was an assumption. I do know my 6-cyl Camry doesn't mind pulling it.
__________________
Nora Miller is offline  
Old 05-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Booker B.'s Avatar
 
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 983
Trillium was funny with their naming - I figure it has to do with Canada introducing the metric system during this time =)

Trillium 1300 - 13 feet

Trillium 4500 - 4.5 meters (14.5 feet)

Trillium 5500 - 5.5 meters (18 feet).
__________________
Booker B. is offline  
Old 05-21-2009, 12:37 AM   #12
Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 62
Hello again Nora Miller,
I am interested as I have been wanting to get a Trillium. I have wanted a 1300, but who says I can only have one?
A couple of questions arise.
-Has any water leaked in through the cracked window, the auto antenna through-mount or the mounting points for that tubing on the back?
-Do you have the dining table and does it set up? Could you send or post pic?
-Do you know what those metal looking grates on the rear bumper are for?
-What type of trailer plug - 4-prong 7-prong?
-Aside from the window pane, the missing moulding pieces and the peeling cabinet door, is there any other things that need repair or are missing parts?
-Does the mounting bolts for that tubing go all the way through to the inside and can it be seen?

I appreciate your patience with these questions.
I just want to make sure before setting up a meet for purchase.
If it would be easier to talk, just pm and I can reply with my phone number.

If you come to San Diego, we can go to the Zoo or Wild Animal Park; I have my club passes. The parking shouldn't be a problem.
Mitchell
__________________
Mitchell is offline  
Old 05-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Posts: 14
I have added five pictures to the Picasa web link for this trailer to address questions:

1. The Dinette in table position
2. A closeup of the dinette table showing a ding in the edge of the leaf.
3. and 4. Pictures of the bolts that attach the rear tubing mechanism for the shade assembly (added by a previous owner.) The lower tubing pieces are bolted to the rear bumper not the body of the trailer.
5. The electrical connector.

Here's the link if you don't want to go find it elsewhere:

http://picasaweb.google.com/onemiller/Trillium19784500
__________________
Nora Miller is offline  
Old 06-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 1
Quote:
I have added five pictures to the Picasa web link for this trailer to address questions:

1. The Dinette in table position
2. A closeup of the dinette table showing a ding in the edge of the leaf.
3. and 4. Pictures of the bolts that attach the rear tubing mechanism for the shade assembly (added by a previous owner.) The lower tubing pieces are bolted to the rear bumper not the body of the trailer.
5. The electrical connector.

Here's the link if you don't want to go find it elsewhere:

http://picasaweb.google.com/onemiller/Trillium19784500
Nora,
Is the Trillium still available...I'm in Hereford, near Sierra VIsta, so seeing it is no problem...
Thanks! Susan
__________________

__________________
sebuchan is offline  
 

Tags
trillium


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1979 15' Trillium 4500 Penney H. & Mike E. Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers 0 04-12-2010 07:15 PM
1979 Trillium 4500 For Sale Collin H Classified Archives 13 07-16-2009 07:51 PM
1979 Trillium 4500 - SOLD jenniferm Classified Archives 1 07-14-2009 02:39 PM
1979 Trillium 4500 for sale -- C$5200 or US$4500 - SOLD jenniferm Classified Archives 8 07-14-2009 02:38 PM
1979 Trillium 4500 Chris Ennever Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 2 05-20-2007 10:23 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.