1980 13' Perris Pacer Camp Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #1

Trailer: Perris Pacer 1980 13 ft
For sale, best offer; This is a repost with new info and flex pricing. Please read careful.

My family has outgrown our June of 1980 Perris Pacer Camp Trailer. The body of this single axle camper is about 10' long (not including hitch) has a convertible table, coat closet, refrigerator, sink, propane stove & heater, and pull down bunk for sleeping 2 adults and 2 kids, maybe a newborn also as we have found, but that is pushing it. Has built in water tank(s) for washing. Has battery/converter option with two electrical outlets. Has external retractable extension cord option to plug camper into a 110 outlet. Has outside light by door. Lots of storage. Very compact, light and easy to tow. We have towed it when full of gear and water with a 4 cylinder pickup truck (about 160-170hp 5 speed). It did ok up hills, but had to be patient and shift down.

Other information that has been requested;
-The body is 10' long plus a 3' hitch in front which the spare tire and propane tank sit on.
-The body when level sits 7'-1" tall including the skylight/vent cap on top of the roof.
-The skylight/vent cap is troublesome anyhow and could be removed.
-Removing the skylight/vent cap would bring height to under 6'-10" to fit in a 7' garage.
-The body is 6'-10" wide and has fit into our single car garage when loading.
-The camper takes a 1-7/8ths hitch ball and the hitch system says ok up to 2000Lbs.
-The electrical connect is a round 6 pin shown in the attached pictures.
-The propane tank is in like new condition and is the newer required kind.
-These 1980 doors and windows lock, but I would not keep valuables in the camper.
-The two window that open do have screens.
-There is no battery, but there is room to add several batteries to/near the DC converter.
-Paint is 1 year old. We camp in thick woods and choose paint that's easy to touch up.

-I don't know the exact weight, but the hitch says up to 2000, so I would guess less. If anyone out there has the same camp trailer and can tell me the exact weight, it would be appreciated.

-Tow height when level and before hooking on is 15" to the bottom of the ball receiver and 13" after dropping it down on to the ball receiver.

-Most 4 cylinder midsize or larger vehicles can likely tow this with patience on hills, any 6 cylinder should be no problem, effected also of course by how much stuff you put in it when you travel with it.

-Heater and 2 burner stove operate on propane. I believe heater works, but I have never used, and can't figure it out…we live in AZ.

-There is a refrigerator that can apparently run off the 12V on board converter, or 110 if plugged in. Again, it may, or may not work. We have always had too much stuff to keep cool or bother with it and just used it for shelf space. I have plugged it in, and the refer didn't get cold, but there are settings somewhere that I may not understand.

-Refrigerator is a "Insta-Matic Model IM2 gas/electric" made in CA.

-A "1981 Kelsey Controller and TEE Fitting" are mentioned, but I have no idea what they do.

-There are instructions for sanitizing the potable water system, so I assume you can carry drinking water in it, though we never have.

-The DCV converter was made by Newmark Products of Santa Fe Springs, CA.

-The Range Counter unit was made by Elixir Industries of Elkhart Indiana, Model 302-20.

-The heater was made by Suburban Manufacturing Company in Dayton, Tennessee, Model GT6-3A.

-Things needing repair; We lost a tail light lens on our last trip. The skylight vent fan blades need replacement, but motor and switch work fine. The table seat foam needs new material. The refrigerator and heater might work, but I haven't ever used and can't seem to make them work. The foam spay in wall and carpet under the table have some wear. The upper bunk opens and the legs come out, but improving the legs would need to be done for someone to sleep on it.

-All 3 tires (1 spare) are full size "165R13 82 S" with 1/4" tread at center and 1/8"+ toward sides, no sun/cosmetic cracks, and appear in overall road worthy condition.

Please download attached pdf file of pictures and forward any additional questions.

Will take best offer. OK to contact if questions. Thank you, Thomas in Chandler, AZ.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Camper_Pics_Reduced.pdf (280.3 KB, 431 views)
Old 08-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 2000 14 ft Widebody Burro / 1998 Land Rover Discovery
I am possibly interested... I cannot access photos.

[edit]

now photos are working. the unit is nice, but needs a bit more tlc than I am willing to do. thanks anyway
Old 10-26-2009, 12:26 AM   #3

Trailer: 1975 Boler
Registry
Hi,

Is your Perris Pacer still for sale? Let me know if it is!

Evan
Old 10-26-2009, 07:36 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Thomas was last logged in to FiberglassRV on 22nd August 2009 - 08:24 AM, his e-mail is NOT set to private, you can contact him through his Profile... click on his name in the top post... view profile.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hey, noticed you're shopping for another; are you selling one? I'm looking for one in California.

Quote:
I am possibly interested... I cannot access photos.

[edit]

now photos are working. the unit is nice, but needs a bit more tlc than I am willing to do. thanks anyway
Old 11-09-2009, 12:13 AM   #6

Trailer: 2000 14 ft Widebody Burro / 1998 Land Rover Discovery
Quote:
Hey, noticed you're shopping for another; are you selling one? I'm looking for one in California.

no, actually, I responded to this ad before I bought mine. I was fortunate to get my Burro for $2,000.00. All it needed was some floor leveling, then I put in a vinyl floor. Turned out great, I am very happy! I saw a 13' burro on craigslist in Atascadero for sale the other day here's the url:

http://slo.craigslist.org/rvs/1446285787.html

good luck in your search!

Tags
perris pacer