OK 1982 13' Burro for Sale $3,000-sold - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #1

Name: Faye
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13'
Oklahoma
1982 13' Burro for Sale $3,000-sold

I've decided to let my Burro travel dream go. I really liked the idea, but reality has gotten in the way. So this neat little trailer is up for sale. I've never actually even taken it out of my driveway, except to register it at the DMV when I bought it last year. I have the title. I had the intention of customizing the interior and started removing bits and pieces, so the headliner, carpet, cabinet doors, bunkbed, and dining table are all out. However, I still have them (along with all the hardware) so if someone wants to put back originals or wants to use them as templates for new stuff they will go with the trailer. I took out all the windows (yes, the old ones leaked--surprise!), cleaned all the gunk and silicone off, and reinstalled them with butyl tape and stainless steel screws. I have a roll of reflectix, a roll of new trim-lok, and other assorted items that go with the trailer. The water tank needs to be put back in (I removed it so I could clean it out thoroughly). I had a new axle with electric brakes installed and a battery box holder welded on the front of the trailer. The spare tire is new. The original refrigerator, heater, and propane stovetop are still in, but I have never turned them on. It has a regular-handle door lock, not the original Bargman. There is also a porta-potty. The trailer has a new cover with zipper access. It has clean curtains and cushions in good condition. I am asking $3,000 cash. Please send a private message if you are interested. I'm posting pictures with this post and in a following post.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #2

Oklahoma
More 1982 Burro pictures

Here are more pictures of my 13' Burro, plus a pile of included stuff.
Attached Thumbnails
Interior pieces.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #3

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Lot of progress where it counts such as new running gear. Aspiring egg-owners please don't blink or this one will be gone!

jack
Old 03-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Lot of progress where it counts such as new running gear. Aspiring egg-owners please don't blink or this one will be gone!

jack
Amen to that. New axle with brakes is a huge plus.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
If this camper was a little closer, I would have to come and get it!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #6

Name: sara
Trailer: scamp 13ft
Arkansas
Still available? I am in AR.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by saracaroline01 View Post
Still available? I am in AR.
Seller made the request shown below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye J. View Post
Please send a private message if you are interested.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #8

Name: Meg
Trailer: None
Pennsylvania
I wish I could find something like this closer to PA. It looks just like what I've been searching for.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #9

Delaware
Meg and John, keep checking Scamp, Casita, Trillium, UHaul, Burro on eBay. Search specifically for each. Usually you will get the Scamps and Casitas together. Casita 13' is scarce as no longer made. Some trailers will come up as eBay Classified rather than at auction. Take a look at Fiberglass RV For Sale site daily as well as the classified this site.

jack
Old 03-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Meg and John, keep checking Scamp, Casita, Trillium, UHaul, Burro on eBay. Search specifically for each. Usually you will get the Scamps and Casitas together. Casita 13' is scarce as no longer made. Some trailers will come up as eBay Classified rather than at auction. Take a look at Fiberglass RV For Sale site daily as well as the classified this site.

jack
Good advice. And don't forget Search Tempest. Look in "all items for sale" as opposed to just RVs, as they are frequently misclassified.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #11

Name: Chris
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegJohn View Post
I wish I could find something like this closer to PA. It looks just like what I've been searching for.
They are a bit more rare in this part of the country, and a bit more expensive but not impossible to find. Be careful with ebay, I wouldn't buy anything you did not see for real- there is to many rotten ones... and make sure it has a title if you want to register it in PA. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #12

Name: gailanneM
Trailer: Bigfoot 25' and previously, 17' Burro
Washington
Dang it!! I was just in Tulsa (from CA) for dog agility--wish I had seen this before I flew home....
Maybe a road trip would be in order. (?)!
gailanneM
Old 03-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #13

Delaware
Agree with Chris on eBay auctions. Don't bid on or buy anywhere from anyone sight-unseen. EBay classifieds within a day's drive give you a chance to sound out the seller B4U drive. Discovered our Burro by eBay classified (almost always shows up in Fiberglassrv. 4sale compilation of ads from many sources); purchased and towed home same day approx. 90 mi. one way from downstate DE. 3-600mi. trips are a common experience.

jack
Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #14

Name: gailanneM
Trailer: Bigfoot 25' and previously, 17' Burro
Washington
Okay- will take your (good!) advice!!

Hoping that some kind soul from this fine group will help me out & point me in the right direction!! Just want to get one to call my own & put in the work o make it mine & start getting out there with it!! Thanks again.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #15

Oklahoma
13'Burro in OK sold

Thanks to everyone who contacted me about the Burro. A nice young couple from Colorado went home with it today. I was sad to see it go, but life changes. I have to say that the members of this forum are about the most pleasant and helpful group I have found on the internet. You are super! Many happy travels to you all. Or y'all, since I am from Oklahoma after all.

Faye J.

Tags
burro