1983 13' Scamp $4500 Eugene OR - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
1983 13' Scamp $4500 Eugene OR

We are looking to sell our 13' Scamp travel trailer, so we can get a VW camper van instead. This is a great little trailer, weighs less than 1500lbs, has good tires, good axle, less than a year old 3 way fridge, less than year old 7' awning, newly added 2 way roof fan, new roof escape hatch, added 3rd bench/storage w/ smaller table that converts easily into a close to full size bed, creating more space for seating around table. We added 2 extra upper storage compartments over the bed/table bunk area. Has hand pump sink and extra storage under front bunk and bed/table bunks and closet. The stove was removed when we discovered a leak in the gas line. There are no water storage tanks. We do have it currently registered in TX where we just moved from, but they took away our actual title when we registered it and just gave us plates and tags, so we do not have a physical title in hand, only the registration papers. If you don't mind doing a little work to have the title replaced, we will negotiate the price. Otherwise we are looking into the process of having the title replaced, but do not know how long that will take. I spent many hours fixing up this little camper, she still has lots of life left. We just want to find a self contained camper/vehicle, so we can stop putting wear and tear on our main vehicle towing the trailer around. It does show some wear from use, mostly a little dust and scuff marks here and there. All cosmetic and can be fixed up with ease. The great thing about fiberglass travel trailers is they are easy to fix, convert and add parts to. We will also include support/leveling jacks and wheel chocks.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3135.jpg  
Old 07-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Nice little trailer

BTW: You absolutely, positively need a title in Oregon to register and license a travel trailer. Current registration and licensing would cost $101.25 for two years (it's by the foot in Oregon): CAMPER AND TRAVEL TRAILER - SCHEDULE OF REGISTRATION FEES
Old 07-23-2011, 01:52 PM   #3

I contacted the DMV and it will be quite the process under our circumstances. Kirk plans to contact TX DMV to see if there is any kind of documentation they can provide us to help speed this along... I am crossing my fingers. My stomach sunk when that clerk took our only title away, and said we don't get another one because it was under a size/weight limit. It just didn't seem right, and I was not convinced that she knew what she was doing.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I don't understand it either April. A title is proof of ownership. In Oregon you don't get a new title unless ownership changes. The registration and title are matched by owner, not year of license. The title of my trailer is dated the year I bought the trailer, but the registration/license says it's valid until 2013.

Best of luck!!!!!!

On edit: maybe this will help? http://www.txdmv.gov/vehicles/titles/lost_title.htm

Send a cover letter explaining what the clerk did and why you need the title to sell the trailer in Oregon. Also I'd send a photocopy of the registration papers... or whatever you have. YMMV
Old 07-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #5

Thanks for the help, I will give that a try!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #6

is there any way to close this thread? I think we should take care of the title before expecting to sell, sorry to jump the gun.

Tags
scamp