1984 U-Haul - Sadly For Sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #1

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT

I can't believe I have to sell Jezabel when camping season is here. Anyway, I thought I'd ask here b4 posting on ebay. Follow the work I've done here with pics http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=39201
I have two campers circumstances dictate one must go, my heighth dictates which one haha. Here's what i've done and where most of the money's spent (that I can remember). I'd like to have $3k which is about what i've got in her. It is registered in TN and title is "in the mail" per state - registered and tagged, so I'm sure it's legal.
84 uhaul - $1975
Fantastic fan with wall mount thermostat - $150
cushion zippers replaced - $100
AC fridge - $60
New Converter - $80
full propane tank - $70
new Energizer deep cycle flooded battery - $75
curtain wires - $25
curtains - $30
eternabond and monkey poop- $70
wiring - $25
flooring - $20
table - $20
ensolite(?) bubble wrap - $25
window track - $25
Wheel work and lug nuts - $210
AC Milkhouse heater - $30
light - $10
misc - ???

I'll post some more up to date pics. She needs a paint job, and will require window replacement, though the eternabond tape works well enough for us. The marker lights don't work, but brakes/tail/signals do. She is ugly to look at, but great for camping. extras include, small table, axle, wheels, and hubs (per link above). The vent fan is really great, and all wiring is solid. There is no water pump or water tank or furnace, but there is an AC heater we added. Also added an additional 12V outlet inside. The headliner is insulated, but it is ugly and I didn't do a great job ~ used a free carpet remnant. propane stove works and the line is capped where the furnace used to be (capped UNDER the floor). All cushions are there, all interior storage "buckets" are there. The bunk works. I cut a new table top and new post.

I'll post pics probably next monday.

just PM me if you are interested or have any questions. I'm in far east TN near Bristol (VA/TN state line).

Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
oh no!!!

sorry John. you did a great job thus far ... so at the very least, best of luck on your sale amigo.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #3

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT
It is a sad day for me! I thought I would have pics to post, but I have to go out of town now for the week. Should have 'em up next week. No interest from anyone on the board, so I'll paint and put her on ebay in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know what happens and post some pics of the final!

If any are interested, just give me a pm and I'll take any offer into consideration ~ and set my ebay reserve above it so if it doesn't go on ebay, you can have it for the offer.

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
set my ebay reserve above it so if it doesn't go on ebay, you can have it for the offer.

Thanks!
John.... sorry to hear your selling your U-Haul but on your ebay add you can put "Notice: I am selling this trailer locally and have the right to end this auction early if sold"

That will give you the option to get out of ebay on the "Withdraw Listing" Link if you get a good offer from this site

Joe

Tags
u-haul