1986 16' Casita, fixer-upper, MN will eventually be for sale... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2006 13 ft Scamp
A few years back, I picked up a 16' Casita on this forum. It ended up needing more work than I thought (doesn't every project?) including a broken frame, which we welded. It went on some great trips. It is roadworthy, with good cushions and working brakes, but the rest of the interior is pretty messy. I added a fantastic fan, extra shelving, tore out the amazingly nasty carpeting. I had visions of mods galore, and we've been working on it bit by bit, but we're also trying to adopt another child, we're renovating a very old house, running a small publishing company, and rebuilding a log schoolhouse. And that's more than enough renovation for one family for a lifetime. I've come to realize that La Casita has got to go. It's in worse shape than when I bought it, and it's getting so it makes me anxious even to think about going out and working on it. We've decided that, if we can swing it, we're going to get something new - egg camping is such a blast!.

It's sitting in the snow at the moment. I will eventually go and take pictures, etc. But I thought I might just put a heads up here - if there's someone who's not to far from the Minneapolis area, who is looking for a project, let me know. I'm thinking in the range of $1500, but just might be even nicer if someone's willing to come take it away without my having to clean it up or fret about it. :-)

Oh yeah - it's got the terribly expensive '08 tabs already. $10.50 a year!

-Laura
Old 12-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Hi,
I have been buying and fixing up Trillium's over the last 2 years. I have a 13 foot scamp I am getting in the spring to fix-up. I am in Michigan, so We are expecting possibly up to 10" to 12" of snow over the next 24 hours. Lucky I lowered our Trillium into our garage a few weeks ago. I am very intersted , but bcause I am in the same climate as you, I would'nt be able to do anything til spring. My phone number is (517) 552-7203. Just reply or call me to see if we can work something out. Thanks! Merry Christmas!!
David in Michigan
Old 12-15-2007, 09:54 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Laura; I am also interested. I live in St. Louis. We were just introduced to fiberglass egg campers this fall by some friends and would really like to find one to "trick out". We too have many projects going at once! My husband is a historical restoration supervisor for a transportation museum here in STL and we just bought a one hundred year old bakery that we are renovating into an art gallery. I would also be interested in talking to you about your Casita when our snows are gone! I don't mind projects...I have plently...but not quite as many as you do! Give me a call if you like at 314-771-3069 or you can email me at awfulnice@sbcglobal.net. Hope your holidays are good! Heather
Old 12-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #4

hi, I'm in w. wis. and may be interested in your casita. jim, cel 715 307 2413
Old 12-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #5

Trailer: Two decrepit Prowlers
Hi, Laura

I'm in Mpls, getting ready to retire next year. Is this still available?
Old 12-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #6

Am checking in with various folks expressing interest. Since this is a very "special" (ahem) trailer, it may take a while to find the right crazy - um - "motivated' person. I'll be sure to post when it's gone.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe
Quote:
Am checking in with various folks expressing interest. Since this is a very "special" (ahem) trailer, it may take a while to find the right crazy - um - "motivated' person. I'll be sure to post when it's gone.
Hi Laura,
I was the 1st "Crazy" one to respond to your Trailer. No replies until today...a strange one!!!!! at THAT!!!!!!!!! What are you inplying of all intersted parties????
When are you contacting me? Thanks!
David in Michigan
Old 12-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #8

Hi Laura,

I'm within driving distance and I, too, am crazy enough to be interested! Have you any pictures? Please contact me @ 515-230-7217.
Thanks,
Tim

Old 12-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #9

Thanks, everyone, for your interest. I have a couple strong possibilities. Should none of them pan out by spring, I'll post again before I take it to Craigslist.

-Laura
Old 01-07-2008, 07:05 AM   #10

HI
I am interested in your Casita. I do have a few questions. What appliances are there and does it have a shower/toilet etc and do they work? Also does it leak? You mentioned it is road worthy, is it ready to travel to its new home or will I need to get tires or lights etc.
Thanks
Carlos

Tags
casita