1986 Bigfoot 5th wheel Ebay - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIGFOOT-5TH...SRCHQ3aUSQ3a101

Quote:
Up for sale is a very rare Bigfoot 5th wheel. not many produced. molds destroyed in factory fire & never replaced. big window model. body is in unbelievable condition for it's age. only imperfections are where door holder was(would cover when replaced) & other hole patched long ago. i nicked the gelcoat underneath (will touch-up/very minor)towing it home as my truck is too tall for this trailer as it sits.if i were to keep it i'd do a spring over, which would bring it up about 4"(i could do this for you fairly inexpensively). it would be fine as is if you were to use a smaller truck. i have a 2500 4X4) GVWR is under 5000 lbs, could pull with a V6 toyota or 1/2 ton truck easily. like it's truck camper brothers' this is a statement to rock solid construction. the best! sealed undeneath. foam insulation everywhere. gelcoat great, not chalky! original windows & screens good. needs a roof vent(which i'll replace if sold). i'll put an AC there if i restore it. roof is good, no cracks. left rear lens was missing, taped a different lens over bulbs to get it home, looks like a common older one. large rear storage box from era, has homemade cover that could be smoothed out, spare is mounted inside it. interior has had rear dinette(?) removed & a futon sits there now. cheap AC only fridge in hole where propane one should be. fairly large 1 piece bathroom/shower in great shape. orig table & poles is in rear storage compartment. wood inside should be refinished.a couple of holes where stereos were, paper towel holder & a stick-on poster has peeled the fake wood finish off. only water damage is under a few windows, thin paneling strips that could be easily replaced. ceiling has some staining, solid, can be painted. i've got a couple of projects ahead of this, so i'm putting this up for sale. i will restore it myself if it doesn't bring a fair price. i've rebuilt several trailers, this one will be an easy one! i would pull the doors & drawers & marine enamel all the interior surfaces white, recarpet, add the AC & correct fridge. replace the futon with 2 RV recliners...it'd look like a million!...restored i see these go in the $12K-$15 range. huge inside compared to any Casita or the like. i repacked the bearings & spent $382 on new radial trailer tires (both fender skirts are PERFECT!, i wanted to keep them that way!) before towing it over 1000 miles home ( i took the long way!!!) pulled great! wide & low to the ground, cornering is amazing, flat! no leaning/swaying like a bumperpull... feel free to ask ???, i'm sure i've missed something... can provide more pics if you need to see anything else, my phone # is available for the asking. delivery possible for reasonable fee. sold as is,blah.blah,blah...dodge not included
Old 08-31-2009, 03:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
This is the Olympia 5th that had been for sale for 18 months. At least the person is pretty honest about the condition of the trailer tho it is worse condition than stated.

I sure hope whoever buys this has done their research.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot
Quote:
This is the Olympia 5th that had been for sale for 18 months. At least the person is pretty honest about the condition of the trailer tho it is worse condition than stated.

I sure hope whoever buys this has done their research.
hi liz-need to follow up on your comment.i am the current owner of this bigfoot for sale.when i went to see it (after dropping off a trailer in portland) i was suprised to see the body in such good condition.true,the sellers said no water damage & tires good. you wish people would be honest.overall i saw it as VERY restorable. after some haggling, i feel i came away with a fair deal(& didn't empty haul home) i stopped to look at a bigfoot slidein on the way home for $1000 more, that was completely thrashed.add a frame & wheels(with brakes) & you'd have a bigfoot trailer.
my feedback on ebay is very important to me.i was very honest in my description.i don't know how well YOU inspected it, but i find it in BETTER CONDITION. i repacked the bearings(which were good& had recent repacking) the brakelining was excellent,guessing either towed little or without a brake controller. pulled like a dream with new radials. aside from needing to replace a few small pieces of paneling inside, it'd be usable.i cleaned the carpeting & although i'd want to replace it, it's not bad. a complete rebuild? windows & screens intact, electrical seems to be fine,a bulb out here & there ...plug it in ,inverter kicks on, works everything.pump fine, faucets, toilet & shower work, filled fresh tank ,used grey & black tanks on way home.dump valves & connection good,emptied when home.status lites working. "T" in gas line under trailer was removed going to fridge so gas system intact.furnace kicks right on with thermostat(heat does go thru to plumbing) water heater lites properly.stove good...not much else to consider??? a roof vent or add an AC,a rebuilt gas fridge for a couple of hundred bucks...no offence to the women making the comments, but a trailer needing some interior paint & window treatments,in my opinion, is NOT in need of a complete rebuild!
i expect the trailer not to sell,if it doesn't i'll post a follow up later when it's finished pete
PS-i know the comments are intended to help people not make a bad purchase, so i know you were trying to help,however i felt it necessary to make clear the actual condition.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Hey Pete,

I am so happy that someone finally picked up that Bigfoot and will give it a new life. It has been listed since Feb 2008 and it just needed someone to give it some love. These are cool trailers if done right.
If you're restoring it for your use you'll probably be OK, with the $$ it will take to bring it back. My understanding was that the original setup was changed a good bit and there is a futon in the back area instead of the original layout.

If you're thinking of restoring it for resale you may have a bit of a tight squeeze. These historically bring about $4500 to $6500 in good repair. We had several test the market recently with two really excellent restorations, both asking well over $10k, but they were unable to move them.

It's an awesome trailer and I can't wait to see what you do with it.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19

Tags
bigfoot