BC 1988 Lil' Bigfoot: Completely Rebuilt-sold- - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #1

Trailer: Lil Bigfoot
1988 Lil' Bigfoot: Completely Rebuilt-sold-

For sale is our completely renovated 1988 Lil' Bigfoot 13' travel trailer.
From the ground up:

-Brand new tires
-Brand new brushed aluminium mag rims
-Newly packed bearings
-Frame inspected, sanded, primed and painted gloss black (in excellent shape),
-Floor completely replaced and re-fibre glassed into body
-Floor replaced with 3/4" tongue-and-groove fir plywood
-Body work, primed, sanded and painted in marine enamel gloss white.
-Interior insulated with 1/4" Reflectix
-Interior walls completely covered floor and ceiling with brand new 'Hull Liner' fabric in beige (this is the same material that Scamp Trailers uses and gives the interior a warm, plush look and feel
- All wiring completely re-done.
-LED lighting throughout including interior lights, 7" bus lights (tail), running lights and porch light
-All LED running off of high-end LED lit switches
-Fuse panel marked with LED switches in counter
-12V cooling fan installed behind fridge
-Brand new water lines
-Brand new Shur-flo water gravity feed water pump
-Brand new 110V wiring into fuse box
-All cabinetry and frames rebuilt
-Cabinet frames built from 1X2 pine, glued and screwed (far better than factory staples/no glue) these are SOLID
-All cabinets skinned with 1/8" mahogany
-Shaker style doors built from maple (stile and rail) and door skin from 1/4" mahogany
-Finished with natural stain and clear coated with water based satin (3 coats)
-All cabinet doors piano hinged
-All doors fit wit matching brushed nickel handles
-Brand new Italian SMEV 2-burner cook stove/sink combo
-Brand new designer faucet (one direction feeds off pump/water tank, other feeds off docked water)
- Brand new counter tops and table with white Formica - very crisp and clean
-Brand new flooring (wood grain linoleum)
-Brand new upholstery on all cushions
-Brand new throw pillows
-Includes new storage bins under benches
-Brand new gas lines
-Stainless steel fridge (3 way)
-Stainless steel backsplash
-Brand new black hood fan with charcoal filter
-Brand new fluorescent 110V overhead light
- Brand New Camco Catalytic Heater, installed below tall wardrobe closet
- Fire extinguisher
- Stock roof vent replaced with brand new 14" vent
- Brand new door built buy Sunview Industries in Summerland (they built the original windows and doors).
-New door includes brand new aluminum frame, brand new window, brand new window frame, brand new door handle and locking mechanism
-Brand new windows from Sunview Industries, powder coated window frames and trim rings
-Brand new window seals
-Brand new window screens
-Brand new acrylic windows front and rear
-All new hardware on exterior, butyl taped and screens added to prevent insects/rodents from coming in/building nests
-Double propane tanks
-Propane Tank cover
-Stock spare tire cover on back (fiberglass)
-Stock front window cover (fiberglass)
-Brand new tongue
-All hardware mounts stainless steel w/ss acorn nuts
-All wiring loomed, zap-strapped - neat & tidy
-Likely a few more things I've missed.....

Asking $10,000 CDN

Trailer is located in Summerland, BC Canada

Thanks for looking -

Mike
250-583-9906

Old 02-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #2

Trailer: 1979 Trillium and 1989 Bigfoot (named 'Swanky')
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Donna R
Wow

What an amazing job you have done on this trailer. Also feel that is a great price!(for a better than new trailer)

If we didn't have a 17 foot Bigfoot, a 15 foot Trillium, and a 13 foot Trillium already, we would, no doubt, take a road trip all the way across Canada to buy such a beautiful Bigfoot.

Bigfoots are great and yours is looks truly be u tifull!!

Thank goodness Halifax is so far from BC for crazy trailer people like us.
But thanks for posting and adding to our trailer lust.
Donna
Old 02-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #3

Hi Donna! Thanks for the very kind words - that made my morning. It's great to get feedback on the build and the price. When you're vested in a project, sometime's it's hard to evaluate it's 'worth'. I was going to list it for quite a bit less, but my wife said I was crazy. Seeing some others for sale has been a good gauge, and I believe the price to be pretty fair. It will of course take the right buyer.

It sounds like you have quite the collection! Do you have any photos of your eggs? I remember seeing a Boler for the first time as a kid and thinking that one day I'd have one....will likely have another come retirement and when the kiddies are off on their own adventures.

Best to you!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #4

Name: sandra
Trailer: quiero compar una graziella 300
España
hola, vivo en españa, estoy buscando una pequeña caravana de este tipo, me gustaría saber si sería posible de alguna manera enviarla a España, cuanto me costaría. Buscaba algo entre 2000 y 8000€, La verdad nunca habia visto una caravana tan bien restaurada, me gusta mucho, gracias por la información. mi correo es q u e e n gery @ hotmail . com

Hi, I live in Spain, I am looking for a small caravan of this type, I wonder if it would be possible somehow send it to Spain, the cost to me. Looking for something between 2000 and 8000 €, The truth never seen a caravan so well restored, I really like, thanks for the information. my email is q u e e n gery @ hotmail. com
Old 02-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #5

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
What is the weight now and are there brakes? Or did I miss reading that?
Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #6

Name: Joe
Trailer: owner 2003 16' Scamp
Washington
Thumbs up Great looking trailer!

Mike,
My wife and I are new members of this forum. Looking for a small trailer like the one you have advertised. Is it still available? What is the interior height?Do you happen to know the weight? It looks like you did a great job on it. We live on Whidbey Island, WA but have already made one trip north to check out trailers so another one wouldn't be a problem.
Joe
Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #7

Sorry gents - didn't get any email notifications on these. I'll have to check my settings.

Joe - just spoke with you

Bobbie - no brakes on this rig. To my knowledge there weren't any on the rig from the factory. Dry weight rating on this according to the manufacturer 'emblem' on the old cabinets was 800 lbs.

If anyone else wants to know:

Length of trailer is app. 13' rear to tongue, app 10' interior living space, length wise. This is classed as a 13' Trailer, just like the Boler, Trillium, Scamp etc.

Trailer height from ground up is app: 84"
Floor to ceiling: 73"

Width across main bed, app. 77". Depth of bed, 48".

Cheers -
Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Curtains?

Beautiful renovation! What do you use for window coverings? I didn't see any rods or blinds.

Julie
Old 03-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #9

Thanks Julie -
No coverings in the trailer. We didn't ever make the decision between blinds or curtains. (It was brought up to me every time my wife and I went out in it). The windows are tinted though .

This artistic detail would be left to the buyers...curtains could easily be attached to the underside of the upper cabinets.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #10

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
what a gorgeous rebuild!! i am with donna....i'd drive cross-country, too, if i didn't already have a trailer i love.
by the looks of it, it won't be for sale very long!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #11

Sold

Our egg has sold....bitter sweet, but now we're into something more conducive to kids. I don't have to sweat now when the muddy boots come in .

Thanks for everyone's comments and interest.

Mike
Old 04-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #12

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
So Mike, what are you camping in now?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #13

Well, I may get ostracized from the FRV forum , but we found a 1998 Jayco tent trailer. One owner, garage kept, in excellent condition. We wanted something light, easy to tow, maintaining visibility from the TV, and good for the kids.

Making a few minor repairs when we got it home (cabinet staples pulling apart here and there), it astounds me how poor the build quality is. No offence to Jayco, but you can't compare a factory job to something you build yourself. Anyway....I think it will do us fine for many years. I may just keep my eyes open for a smokin' deal on a Boler shell/frame and pick away at it .
Mike
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #14

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
We loved our 2 popups for Stay Put Camping. Cant beat a King bed at either end as was in our Starcraft! It even had a slide out where the dining table was to make the isle wider. Had a shower/Cassette Toilet, all appliances including an oven! We'd make pizza, chocolate chip cookies etc and nobody could figure out where the yummy smells were coming from thinking a popup was just a tent on wheels, lol. Anyway, now that we are traveling further and want to overnight w/o the hassle of setup we switched to a hard sided trailer. Not to mention more security in a Walmart parking lot with solid walls when me and our girls travel alone. Also we live in an HOA who had a fit everytime we had to pop the trailer up in our driveway and let it dry out before tucking it back into the garage. But for space and amenities while offering low profile towing you cant beat a popup! Enjoy it and have fun making lots of memories. You could restore and Egg for those weekends away from the kids for you and the misses
Old 04-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #15

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Good for you Mike! We have a Scamp 13 AND a tent trailer. I love feeling closer to nature in the Coleman. There are pros and cons to each that's why I keep both! I love the space in the tent trailer in a compact package. It's 26 feet when open and sleeps 7. I love our king mattress. It's an older one and the cabinets are actually metal not wood. The newer ones just aren't made the way they used to make them as they say! The 3 older kids don't camp anymore so the Scamp is good for when it's just the 2-3 of us. There is a very friendly email group at PopUpPortal that I have enjoyed over the years. Enjoy camping and spending time with your family, that is the main thing!
Old 05-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #16

Name: Laurie
Trailer: 13 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
I love what you did with the trailer you just sold. May I ask what you used to replace the ensolite (spelling)? Is it something readily available? Thank you
Old 05-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #17

Name: Becky & Dave
Trailer: U haul '82 CT13 & Casita 17' Deluxe
Oregon
Wow!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #18

Name: Slawek
Trailer: custom
California
Anyone has saved those pics from his remodel in large format? Mikeany chance you could repost it? This was one of the remodels that got me to get a Lil bigfoot and now i'm in restore mode.

Tags
bigfoot