1988 Scamp 5'er $EBAY - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Casita
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scamp-Fifth...SRCHQ3aUSQ3a101

Quote:
<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">[b]Scamp Fifth Wheel </span> <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"> [b]Vehicle Description </span>

All documentation for the following:

Dometic three way frig, has always worked perfectly on all three settings, 12 volts, propane & 110 volts ac.

Duo-Therm A/C [b]with a 110 volt heat strip roof mount, both coils have been cleaned. Gets down to about 68/69 degrees with an out side temp of about 90/95. It will make you cover up at night. Unit is controlled by a built in thermostat which has settings for fan only, lo cool, med cool, high cool & heat.

Suburban propane gas heater that you will probably never use unless you camp in the very cold. It also works perfectly, thermostat controlled with electronic ignition that also works as it should.

Sure Flow 12 volt water pump, works as it should.

Elixir drop in three burner propane gas stove, new flexible gas line and fittings. It looks very clean, not busted, burned or scratched and works as it should. You light it with matches. There is one propane tank and two new regulators & hoses. There are two tank holders for two tanks.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
__________________________________________________ ____

There is room for a microwave and under cabinet coffee maker but not included.

Here is the plus. The hot water tank was removed [that gives you about a three minute shower ] and installed is a point of use 3000 watt instant water heater in its place. You can shower all day and never run out of hot water. Also installed was an additional thirty amp protected circuit to the unit.

There is also a GE faucet type water filter on the med high rise faucet.

The sink is a bar style about 15 to 18 inches, stainless steel with strainer & stopper.

There are three 110 volt circuits in the coach, GFCI receptacle at the sink cabinet.

I had the glass shop re- glass two windows because of cracks. Windows were resealed & installed.

New curtains in the rear coach but not in the queen bed sleeping area.

The coach has a thirty amp breaker panel and converter in addition to the hot water circuit. I use the 50 amp plug adaptor when I camp. The converter works as it should.

There is a new battery, long use marine type, new battery case and tie down strap,

All wiring has been checked, properly fused and bundled appropriately.

There are 12 volt lights that function properly. I plug in a lamp on the dinning table that gives additional lighting. Additional 110 volt lights can still be installed but needs to be installed by a qualified person. The electrical system will handle additional lighting load.

There is a “porch” light to the left of the entry door.

The bath/commode area has been completely removed an replaced with new fiberglass panels, walls, ceiling and floor, new drain, new 10 inch corner sink, new corner shelving for tooth brush, soap and etc, mirror on inside door & new shower head wall mount/hand held. The original bath faucet still works so I left it in. The supply line hoses were changed. The toilet is the lever type that was replaced by the previous owner and works as it should. The coach has black water holding and gray water holding and of course a fresh water holding tank. New dump valve and seals were replaced on the gray water tank .

Both tires have been replaced & balanced [with 6 ply high speed trailer tires]. The wheel bearings were checked and properly greased, grease seals ok, electric brakes on both wheels checked for 12 volts & shoes and hardware were checked for wear and proper adjustment/operation with the brake controller. You will have to provide your own controller and wire it into your truck.

7 spade plug was replaced because the spades were corroded.

Existing carpet in the living area was replaced with commercial carpet squares. The carpet was glued down with commercial retac-glue which means carpet can be removed and replaced with out re-gluing. There is extra new carpet squares.

All exterior lights work as they should.

This fifth wheel has what Scamp calls the deluxe cabinets. They are original and show some wear. They have been wiped down with poly wipe and they actually came out nice and shiny. All counter tops have been replaced with Formica with exception of a small temporary table that is installed in a floor receiver when you don’t want the large table up.

The dinette makes into a double bed.

All cushions are existing and appear to be original and show use, although there are no frazzles or tears. The covers are zippered and can be removed. I did steam the complete coach and the cushions and they came out surprising clean. The unit has no odors and really smells clean and new like.

There were three small areas that were repaired in the flooring by using new wood, fiberglass resin and cloth .There was a previous small water leak the ran back into the living area. This was eliminated with the new shower. There was an old slight leak evidenced by water stain at lower/bottom of entry door which has been repaired and did not leak during the rain storms I encountered in the Keys. The rear escape/vent leaked where the rivets fastened the frame to the roof. This has been resealed and shows no more signs of leaking.

The exterior shows normal small stress lines in several areas in the gel coat as it will with age. I have sanded and filled some. The previous owner had the unit painted white with a silver band around the middle. Some areas are pealing around the windows but doesn’t look ugly. I am touching the paint up as best as I can. The decals are original. No exterior leaks have been noticed. The rear stabilizing jacks are original and still work.[b] I tie them up with cord to the rear bumper when traveling down the road because they have dropped down sometimes. You would have to look to see what I am trying to say. The holding position sometimes does not hold. New jacks, if you wanted, are about 19 dollars each and can be purchased just about any place. Tha jacks have worked well for me in stabilizing the coach when setting up at the park.

If you do not know Scamp, it is a complete fiberglass unit with exception of the floor It weighs in at 1900 lbs and is pulled easily by a four cylinder truck. I called Scamp and verified this before I bought it. Being a fifth wheel with a goose neck hook up, it tows very easily. I also have the goose neck receiver and comes with the unit. It may need to be adapted to your truck. I had it fit to my 97 Nissan and then to my 09 Toyota.

You can still purchase all the accessories from Scamp.[b]There is no awning, but the c-channel is still attached. A new awning assembly is about 450 dollars.

I also have an owners manual which I down loaded on line. I don’t know what else to say. I do not want to use pay pal unless you are willing to pay the fee for use.

Call with any questions you may have at [b]706-802-7284 EST or contact me through Ebay channels. I will try to help getting the unit to you as best as I can. I will install the receiver in your truck if you come to my house. You may need to purchase a new receiver cross member [which is just a piece of three inch channel iron] which will need a hitch ball hole drilled in to it if your truck has a wide bed, but we will figure it out. Spare tire & wheel included. No jack

There is no deposit required unless I have to travel to you. The deposit then would be equal to one dollar per mile each way and non-refundable

I have tried to be very accurate in my description, so if you don’t like it, you do not have to pay for it [see below statement.. I am setting a reserve on this unit because the season is winding down and I don’t want to risk selling at a ridiculously low price. You have nothing to loose in bidding. And every thing works at this time and will work at the time of delivery. The exterior has been pressure washed to make clean and checked for exterior leaks. I have done everything I could think of to be able to present a comfortable, weather tight, clean,and oder free, used camper. [b]Remember, you don't have to pay if you don't like it once you inspect it. You may only not pay based on your inspection as the buyer. Every single fault has not been remedied, so expect to find small stuff that is not close to perfect. This unit was constructed in 1988. I believe the base model is about 10K and with the extras 20K.

Tags
scamp