I have had lots of questions and I thought that I could post some additional details for anyone looking. It looks like Bigfoot
doesn't make these any more so I can not just point you to their web site for the specs.
• How much does it weigh with water and camping gear for a week? What is the tongue weight
The spec says 1875 lb and 230 lbs. dry weights. I do not think this is correct (unless filled with helium). Fully loaded we are closer to 2800 lbs with a 260 lb tongue weight
• What do you pull it with?
I pull it with a Chevy Avalanche. With this big tow vehicle I can cruise at 75 mph without a problem even over Mountains.
• What is the interior headroom height?
I just measured and the headroom is 75 1/2 inches (The spec says 6'6"). It is important to note that this is the headroom all across the trailer. If you have ever been in a scamp
or a Casita
you will note that their headroom is just the center isle so the Bigfoot
feels a lot bigger!
• Has the trailer been smoked in or had cats in it?
• Are there any leaks
or stress cracks in the fiberglass?
and only a few spider stress cracks. Nothing structrial.
• What size are the tires
• How are the bearings?
I just repacked last fall
and they looked good.
• Does the toilet flush with fresh water?
• Are there separate gray and black water tanks?
30 Gal fresh water tank, 19 Gal gray water tank and 8 Gal black water tank. All are monitored from the panel in the Galley.
• Do any of the tanks leak?
No, Everything on the trailer is in good working order.
• I assume the front dinette folds into a bed. Is it large enough for two people? Does the rear bed extend for two people as well?
The front table is 43" x 79". The Goucho folds into a bed that is 44" x 75". The bunk bed above the Goucho is 35" x 72". We normally sleep on the Goucho bed and leave the table up. The bunk bed is really tight and could only be used for a child. It is really tight and I would not recommend for anyone over 100 lbs. We normally never set it up and just use for storage.
• Is there a screen door? Is there a roof vent?
This does have a nice screen door. It has two roof vents, one in the bathroom and one in the main area. The main vend is a Fantastic Fan. This has three speeds and a thermostat so it shuts off when it gets cool. It is very quiet.
• How much storage space is there? Is there an external storage compartment?
Well, I may be prejudice but I think there is lots of storage space. We just emptied it and I could not believe all we took out. We filled our spare bedroom.
There is one external storage compartment. We use this for hoses and pipes, a step and various fittings and stuff. All of this will come with the trailer.
• Could you please send a picture of the galley?