1993 Burro 17' WB for sale, Okla. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2010, 12:13 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
1993 Burro 17' WB for sale, Okla.

I've decided to offer my Burro up for sale. I'd like to look for a Scamp 16 or Casita Deluxe 16 with side dinette and wet bath, so this trailer needs a new home. This 1993 Burro is 17' long and is ready to follow its new owner anywhere. The interior was completely redone about two and a half years ago with new sink, water pump, microwave, A/C, fridge, gas stove top, power converter, bed mattress, and curtains. The interior fiberglass walls are a breeze to keep clean. It has a standard full size bed in rear and 2 person dinette in front. On one side you’ll find a sink and 2-burner cook top along with a dorm size electric refrigerator and an air conditioner. On the other side is the entry door and a privacy room with porta potti, and past that is a closet. Up top are two vents. Below the counter you have a 5 gallon fresh water tank, and I think the gray water tank holds 20 gallons (but I’ve never filled it so I’m not positive). 2" ball and flat-4 electrical connector. I towed it to Utah and back this past June and averaged over 14 mpg. It’s a very well behaved trailer; I never had any sway whatsoever. Weight is just a bit over 2000 lbs on the axle and about 300 on the hitch. Tires are just 2 years old, axles have Bearing Buddies for easy maintenance. I'm asking $4200.00 cash but for you FGRV members I'll go $3800. PM me for my phone number if interested.

The trailer has 2 coats of Red Max Pro.

Dinette forward.

View from doorway, with dinette to right and "bathroom" around to left.

Fridge, A/C, full (double) bed.

The "bathroom" could use a door or curtain; the one I had was slatted and fell apart, so I took it off. Portapotti included.

Underside looks sound.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Nice looking trailer! How wide are the wide bodies vs the normal width?

Regards,

Matt
Old 11-27-2010, 11:49 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
Nice looking trailer! How wide are the wide bodies vs the normal width?

Regards,

Matt
The Burro widebody is about seven and a half feet wide, whereas I think Scamps and Casitas are 6' 8" wide. The extra width makes it feel more roomy, and it's handy for taller folks in bed.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #4

Oklahoma
This Burro is still looking to follow its new owner all over the country. Price reduced to $3600.00
Old 12-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Galazin View Post
This Burro is still looking to follow its new owner all over the country. Price reduced to $3600.00
Dang it! I'd buy it in one (1) heartbeat if you were close enough for me to pick it up. The trailer is the right one, the price is right but you are just too far away, and that's the story of my life, or at least of me trying to buy a fiberglass camper....
Old 12-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Pilcher View Post
Dang it! I'd buy it in one (1) heartbeat if you were close enough for me to pick it up. The trailer is the right one, the price is right but you are just too far away, and that's the story of my life, or at least of me trying to buy a fiberglass camper....
You gotta be kidding!

Seriously it's only about 1600 miles round trip. We drove 1450 to get our trailer. Many people have driven further to get the one right for them. You should seriously consider it if you want it. Consider it the first camping trip. Does it have a heater? I don't see one.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #7

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
You gotta be kidding!

Seriously it's only about 1600 miles round trip. We drove 1450 to get our trailer. Many people have driven further to get the one right for them. You should seriously consider it if you want it. Consider it the first camping trip. Does it have a heater? I don't see one.
No furnace, but a little cube heater does nicely. Actually I have an electric baseboard-style heater that I prefer, as it has no fan to make noise. When not plugged in, I used a Coleman Black Cat.

I'd be happy to meet the buyer partway... I have some time off for the holidays.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Galazin View Post
No furnace, but a little cube heater does nicely. Actually I have an electric baseboard-style heater that I prefer, as it has no fan to make noise. When not plugged in, I used a Coleman Black Cat.

I'd be happy to meet the buyer partway... I have some time off for the holidays.

Mike, please check your IM's. I forgot 2 things, kind of important too: I really need your phone number and to ask, if the trailer is properly titled (which I'm guessing is so).

Alright, talk with you in a bit....
Old 12-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #9

Oklahoma
Looks like this trailer is sold, pending funds, to Toby.

Tags
burro