1994 Spirit Deluxe Casita w\ Side Dinette For Sale $4,500 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #15

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Paula,

Just so you know for future shopping, there is no one thing it "takes" to put a hold on a camper. That's because each camper is sold by an individual, private seller, and everyone has their own way of doing things.

Seller A might hold a camper for you for six months on nothing but a word; Seller B might hold a camper for you with a deposit; Seller C might say they'll hold it, have someone come with cash, sell it to that person, and then say "Well, hey, first cash gets it!" And a million variations in between.

What it comes down to is that everyone is different, so there is no one method. It's best to be as clear as possible, and ask about contingencies. Usually it's just a matter of setting out how everyone expects things to go; occasionally you will deal with someone who is less than honest.

The only rule in this sort of thing, to my mind, is that there is no rule.

Lest you get the wrong idea, I've had mostly excellent experiences in buying things from private sellers over the years. A couple of bad apples but they were exceptions. BUT, almost every transaction was different, with different "rules," just depending on the seller's and my agreement and preferences.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #16

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
Best way, put in writing the way you want to handle the down payment.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #17

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I'd also say to the seller, if this trailer isn't EXACTLY as described that you are entitled to back away with any down payment you may have incurred.

Over time, we've discovered "excellent condition" to be VERY subjective. There is levels of "honesty." But, I'd also say you could have a higher level of confidence purchasing from any active member of FiberglassRV.... to me that means they post more than just a trailer for sale.

YMMV
Old 11-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #18

Name: PDowning
Trailer: "Currently Shopping"
OK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'd also say to the seller, if this trailer isn't EXACTLY as described that you are entitled to back away with any down payment you may have incurred.

Over time, we've discovered "excellent condition" to be VERY subjective. There is levels of "honesty." But, I'd also say you could have a higher level of confidence purchasing from any active member of FiberglassRV.... to me that means they post more than just a trailer for sale.

YMMV
I couldn't agree more! I have watched the support of one another here and it is great! I was looking at ads on Craig's list but then saw the same ad over and over with different names, etc. I didn't bother to contact.

Again- thanks so much. Knowing so little about campers really is a handicap. But I am excited to get one after renting an Aliner 15 foot. Just couldn't put that up alone though - so I am looking at fiberglass to buy. Think I will take my time though and see what you guys say.

Thanks again!
PDowning
Old 11-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #19

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Giving a deposit may help but does not always hold a potential sale. I've had sellers back out of a sale when they changed their mind.

Do your research, know what you want in a trailer and the pricing. Be prepared to "jump" on a sale. Unless you have decided on something that is extremely rare, what you are looking for eventually comes up for sale.

I was looking for a U-haul VT earlier this year. With only about 200 made and a dozen known to still exist they are rather rare. Matt in SV bought the one I was considering in CA the day before I had pre-arranged for an inspection to take place. I found another close by and gave a deposit. That seller changed their mind before the arranged pick up date refunding the deposit. I was then offered the opportunity to purchase a 3rd one within a few months and it was the nicest of the three. After a lot of thinking I turned it down because the trailer I bought after the 1st 2 deals fell through better suited our needs.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #20

Trailer: 1994 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft
Iowa
Our casita is sold. The new owners are very happy with it and are on their way back to florida.

We thank everyone for your interest.

Enjoy
dan& susan

Tags
casita