1994 Spirit Deluxe Casita w\ Side Dinette For Sale $4,500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2010, 09:59 AM   #1

Trailer: 1994 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft
1994 Spirit Deluxe Casita w\ Side Dinette For Sale $4,500

My wife and I just moved to a sub-division which does not allow RV's to be parked anywhere. We cannot find a place to keep it so we have decided to sell our egg. We have a 1994 Spirit Deluxe Casita with side dinette, shower, fridge, AC, awning (although we have never unfurled the awning). The hot water heater wasn't working when we bought it and has been by-passed. I put new brakes and wheel bearings on it last year. The camper is in great shape, tows effortlessly and has been an absolute joy for us to have adventures in. We live in South East Iowa near Fairfield (52556).

The fridge works great, the AC blows cold, the toilet and sinks work well, the roof vent has a storm cover so rain won't come in even with the vent wide open. The propane stove works well and there is plenty of propane in the tank. All windows, screens, and hatches work well. I replaced the pull out electrical cord with a Marinco marine weatherproof connection so the cord entry is watertight and the cord can be unscrewed and stowed when not in use. Brand new weather seal for the entry door, and I put in the largest Marine Deep Cycle 12 Volt battery that I could lift. There are no leaks, and our egg will keep you warm and dry in the worst of storms. The camper does not have a furnace, but a small ceramic cube heater has always been more than enough to keep us comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Casita on day of purchase 04.jpg   Casita on day of purchase 06.jpg  

Casita on day of purchase 07.jpg   Casita on day of purchase 08.jpg  

Old 11-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
This looks like a GOOD buy.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Sure does look like a good buy as it looks very clean and shiny.... I also have a 1994 casita 16' SD to compare but mine is not for sale. Good Luck
Joe
Old 11-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #4

Name: PDowning
Trailer: "Currently Shopping"
OK
I am very interested in your trailer.
Is the AC a roof mount ?
Is that a TV Antenae on the roof in back?

How many does it sleep?

New to the this forum - not sure of next step.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #5

1994 Casita 16' Sale

Hi Paula,

The AC unit is mounted in the front of the camper at floor level under the closet and works great. The item you refered to on the roof is a TV antenna. There is a cubby hole big enough for a TV above the fridge -- if you don't already have a small TV we could include one along with an analog to digital converter box (no extra charge). I've also replaced the holding tank roof vent with a new wind vane model that rotates with the wind direction so vent fumes are always taken away aided by the power of the wind.

We're in SE Iowa and would love to have you come and see our Casita. Where are you located? If you are not very close, you could ask a Fiberglass RV member from somewhere in Iowa to come and check it out for you. You would want to make it worth their while with some sort of compensation, but that's a way to check something out if you live far away.

If you don't already have a vehicle set up for towing, you could still come and check it out -- and if you like it, and the distance is not too far I might be able to deliver it for a fee.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:47 PM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Tracy View Post
My wife and I just moved to a sub-division which does not allow RV's to be parked anywhere...
I have been trying to convince one of my neighbors they should find themselves one

Regards,

Matt
Old 11-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Where are you located? If you are not very close, you could ask a Fiberglass RV member from somewhere in Iowa to come and check it out for you. You would want to make it worth their while with some sort of compensation, but that's a way to check something out if you live far away.
The closest member I see by looking up Iowa in the advanced member search is RSchleder who is about an hour and a half north of you Dan. Do you know of any closer?

Paula never listed her province or state, if she is in Ontario it's 16+ hrs drive one way, if NY it's 18+ hrs.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #8

An hour and a half if probably the closest member. You would have to contact them to see if they would be up for taking a look for you.

I forgot to answer your Q about number of people the Casita can sleep. I think it would be 3 regular sized folks. The side dinette sleeps 1 and the main dinning area could sleep a couple more. My wife takes the SD and I (being 6'4") take the main area and sleep corner to corner.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #9

OK
Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi Paula,

The AC unit is mounted in the front of the camper at floor level under the closet and works great. The item you refered to on the roof is a TV antenna. There is a cubby hole big enough for a TV above the fridge -- if you don't already have a small TV we could include one along with an analog to digital converter box (no extra charge). I've also replaced the holding tank roof vent with a new wind vane model that rotates with the wind direction so vent fumes are always taken away aided by the power of the wind.

We're in SE Iowa and would love to have you come and see our Casita. Where are you located? If you are not very close, you could ask a Fiberglass RV member from somewhere in Iowa to come and check it out for you. You would want to make it worth their while with some sort of compensation, but that's a way to check something out if you live far away.

If you don't already have a vehicle set up for towing, you could still come and check it out -- and if you like it, and the distance is not too far I might be able to deliver it for a fee.

I live in South Central Oklahoma 10 miles from the Texas Border on Lake Texoma near Kingston, OK 73439. I am really interested in having some one close check it out. Please contact me at one or both e-mails pauladowning@cableone.net or paulinegray@ymail.com (one is work, one is home if you would be willing to check this out and let me know what you think is a reasonable cost. I am not handy so needed repairs would be nice to know. Also the condition of the fiberglass - and the finish. I have a vehicle that I could tow, but it is currently in the shop waiting for parts. It is a 1990 FORD 250 farm truck gas hog. I am new to this so other advise is very welcome! Every one seems very nice on the forum and so very helpful.

Thanks so much everyone!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:38 AM   #10

OK
The Map shows the distance as approximately 722 miles, probably 12 hours away.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #11

Hi Paula
I will check out remote inspection possibilities and let you know via your personal email

Best regards
Dan & Susan
Old 11-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #12

Casita sale is pending

Hi Paula,

The sale of our Casita is now PENDING. I have received a deposit on the sale and the couple in Florida who want the camper will be here on Wednesday of next week. The sale will either complete or not on that day, at which time I will post the results of the day.

In case the sale does not complete, I will continue to look for a qualified person, hopefully a member of FiberglassRV.com who would be willing to come inspect the Casita on your behalf.

Nothing is over till it's over, so don't give up hope. I will let you know as soon as I know the disposition of the pending sale.

Best regards,
Dan & Susan
Old 11-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #13

OK
Thanks for letting me know. What does it take as a down pay to hold? I thought of doing that. I'm learning..Please let me know the outcome. I can't figure out how they contacted you direct.

Thanks again everyone!!

PDowning
Old 11-07-2010, 06:54 AM   #14

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Downing View Post
I can't figure out how they contacted you direct.

Thanks again everyone!!

PDowning
Just left click on the left side of the post the name of any person you want to contact then you will click on "send a private message" write your message and click "send"....sending money usually paypal is best..no western union etc.be very careful in this area $$
Joe
Old 11-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #15

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Paula,

Just so you know for future shopping, there is no one thing it "takes" to put a hold on a camper. That's because each camper is sold by an individual, private seller, and everyone has their own way of doing things.

Seller A might hold a camper for you for six months on nothing but a word; Seller B might hold a camper for you with a deposit; Seller C might say they'll hold it, have someone come with cash, sell it to that person, and then say "Well, hey, first cash gets it!" And a million variations in between.

What it comes down to is that everyone is different, so there is no one method. It's best to be as clear as possible, and ask about contingencies. Usually it's just a matter of setting out how everyone expects things to go; occasionally you will deal with someone who is less than honest.

The only rule in this sort of thing, to my mind, is that there is no rule.

Lest you get the wrong idea, I've had mostly excellent experiences in buying things from private sellers over the years. A couple of bad apples but they were exceptions. BUT, almost every transaction was different, with different "rules," just depending on the seller's and my agreement and preferences.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #16

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Best way, put in writing the way you want to handle the down payment.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #17

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'd also say to the seller, if this trailer isn't EXACTLY as described that you are entitled to back away with any down payment you may have incurred.

Over time, we've discovered "excellent condition" to be VERY subjective. There is levels of "honesty." But, I'd also say you could have a higher level of confidence purchasing from any active member of FiberglassRV.... to me that means they post more than just a trailer for sale.

YMMV
Old 11-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #18

OK
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'd also say to the seller, if this trailer isn't EXACTLY as described that you are entitled to back away with any down payment you may have incurred.

Over time, we've discovered "excellent condition" to be VERY subjective. There is levels of "honesty." But, I'd also say you could have a higher level of confidence purchasing from any active member of FiberglassRV.... to me that means they post more than just a trailer for sale.

YMMV
I couldn't agree more! I have watched the support of one another here and it is great! I was looking at ads on Craig's list but then saw the same ad over and over with different names, etc. I didn't bother to contact.

Again- thanks so much. Knowing so little about campers really is a handicap. But I am excited to get one after renting an Aliner 15 foot. Just couldn't put that up alone though - so I am looking at fiberglass to buy. Think I will take my time though and see what you guys say.

Thanks again!
PDowning
Old 11-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #19

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Giving a deposit may help but does not always hold a potential sale. I've had sellers back out of a sale when they changed their mind.

Do your research, know what you want in a trailer and the pricing. Be prepared to "jump" on a sale. Unless you have decided on something that is extremely rare, what you are looking for eventually comes up for sale.

I was looking for a U-haul VT earlier this year. With only about 200 made and a dozen known to still exist they are rather rare. Matt in SV bought the one I was considering in CA the day before I had pre-arranged for an inspection to take place. I found another close by and gave a deposit. That seller changed their mind before the arranged pick up date refunding the deposit. I was then offered the opportunity to purchase a 3rd one within a few months and it was the nicest of the three. After a lot of thinking I turned it down because the trailer I bought after the 1st 2 deals fell through better suited our needs.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #20

Our casita is sold. The new owners are very happy with it and are on their way back to florida.

We thank everyone for your interest.

Enjoy
dan& susan

Tags
casita