UT 1998 14' Burro Widebody, St George, UT $1000 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #1

Name: jm
Trailer: 1998 14' Burro
Utah
1998 14' Burro Widebody, St George, UT $1000

This delightful little trailer in the retro-cool tradition of the Airstream Bambi is being sold with all proceeds donated to Cub Scout Pack 4802 in St George, UT.

See and buy this camper at the Pack 4802 Yard Sale on October 13, 2012, at Hurst Ace Hardware, 160 North Bluff Street in St George. The first $1000 in cash after 8 AM takes it!

For the fraction of the price of a cargo trailer, you can own this travel trailer which can be towed by any small SUV, station wagon or mini-van and help out the Cub Scouts too! It is perfect for a couple but could also accommodate an additional small child by turning the front dinette into a bunk.

Features include:
  • Custom bed board conversion turning the rear dining area into a full-size bunk. The table for the rear dining area will be included as well.
  • Front dinette for cozy backwoods cuisine, convertible into a child's bunk
  • Three-way (LP, 12 volt, 110AC) Dometic reefer
  • Potable water storage with manual pump
  • Twin LP range with fan
  • Rock shield for the front window
  • 30 amp connector for shore power
  • 2" ball hitch with standard 7 way round RV connector
  • Electric brakes compatible with any standard brake controller
  • Wheeled swing-away tongue jack for easy maneuverability
  • Free trailer dolly (a $65 value)
Don't miss the opportunity to own this antique trailer and be part of the fiberglass RV community (http://fiberglassrv.com).
--

We bought this trailer off of these forums and enjoyed it very much, but now that we have kids, it's a little too small for us. We were going to give it away to family, but have an opportunity to help out our son's Cub Scout pack. As you know, at this price it really is a steal so come check it out!

See the pictures here!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Awesome deal.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #3

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
WOW!!! your generosity is incredible! and a great-looking burro is going to get a new home...a lucky new owner will be getting the deal of the century...

ahhh..that i lived closer to utah....

let us know how many potential owners line up to get at this deal....
Old 10-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #4

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
I'd donate $2000 if you would hold it til I could get there (couple weeks), but it looks like it could only sleep one child? If so, I guess it won't work!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #5

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggless View Post
I'd donate $2000 if you would hold it til I could get there (couple weeks), but it looks like it could only sleep one child? If so, I guess it won't work!
We could sleep two adults and a kid in the full bunk, but our kids are 5 and 7. Thanks for the kind offer of $2K, but this deal is a where-is, as-is, when-is.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #6

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
Tennessee
Hmmm..... something doesn't seem right. I LOVE the Scouts and will do anything to support them. But $1,000 for this unit is a giveaway. I think you'd get people lined up at $3,000 or more.

It this is a real deal, you're highly generous person.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #7

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
OK...thanks...I don't think I'd want to sleep with either of our kids for very long...they are kicky!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #8

Utah
It's the real deal, alright. Thanks for calling me generous. I just feel blessed in my life and I'd like to pay it forward!

The money to me is no biggie as I was ready to just push it into the street for my family to take away. I had considered $1500 but I wanted to make sure the Cub Scouts get a sale that day...besides I need driveway space for snowmobiles (don't tell the Missus)!

I'm confident this trailer will sell on Saturday for the asking price. If you'd like a proxy to make a bid for you that is fine too. That proxy just needs to be at Hurst Ace Hardware in St George with 10 Ben Franklins in hand and a tow rig with a 2" ball and 7 prong socket. We are just an hour or so drive from Las Vegas, so consider a road trip or call your buddy in LV to go get it!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #9

Name: John
Trailer: Looking for one
Oregon
I'm seriously considering sending a friend up from Vegas but ... What will you do if several people show at 8am with $1k cash? How will you choose the buyer?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #10

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
What an amazing amount of floor space in that Burro! You could easily sleep another person on the floor on an air mattress, bringing capacity to 4.

You might want to have people draw a number for a lottery drawing if you have more than 1 early buyer. I would hate to see people fight over this great deal. Of course, someone may want to camp out at the hardware store to be first in line, too, like buying an iPhone 5. Just be sure to be clear what constitutes "first in line" so everyone is clear about it and no one makes a 5 hour drive just to be ticked off. Or maybe you should hold a small auction if multiple people show up?

Thanks for making such a generous offer/donation to your scouting troop!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #11

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Or maybe you should hold a small auction if multiple people show up?

Thanks for making such a generous offer/donation to your scouting troop!
Great idea, Kevin! Interest in the trailer has been phenomenal to say the least. I have got people wanting to buy the trailer now for over the asking price and others saying that 8AM is too early to get to St George.

I have changed the terms of the sale to silent bid auction with closing bids at 0915. Highest bidder at that time with cash gets title, trailer, and the Harbor Freight dolly!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #12

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Admirable strategy for helping the scouts while keeping the peace. Are you by any chance related to John Moses Browning--the great American small arms designer of Morgan, Utah?

jack
Old 10-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #13

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Great solution! This should help you run a smooth transaction that gives everyone a chance. Let us know how it goes next Saturday.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Great solution! This should help you run a smooth transaction that gives everyone a chance. Let us know how it goes next Saturday.
+1 And you will get a lot more than $1000 - more like $3000.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #15

Utah
Randy L:that was pretty cynical (and unusual form for fiberglassrv.com)...

I didn't do eBay, because I would like to bring extra foot traffic to the Yard Sale and I don't want eBay to get a cut. The more traffic to the yard sale, the more lemonade and cookies the boys can sell.

If you can make it to the Yard Sale, great! Hope you make the winning bid! If not, don't go around piddling on someone's charity auction.

eso si que es

I will of course update everyone Saturday afternoon!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbrowning View Post
...........don't go around piddling on someone's charity auction.
+1 You will probably end up donating a few grand to the scouts and this guy gives you a hard time?
Old 10-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #17

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Hmmmmmmmm! Wonder what I'll be doing on Saturday? LOL ;o}
Old 10-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #18

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Can't wait to see the outcome, I am sure there will be quite a few potential buyers.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Randy L. Send a message via Yahoo to Randy L.
Now when you post on this forum your cynical. I just reviewed your statements, and hope you post how this thing ends.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy L. View Post
Now when you post on this forum your cynical. I just reviewed your statements, and hope you post how this thing ends.

The beauty of forums is that your actual words are there for all to see - and re-read.

Tags
burro