OH 1999 Burro 17 Ft. For Sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #1

Name: Gary
Trailer: Casita 17" SD
South Carolina
1999 Burro 17 Ft. For Sale

I'm listing this 1999 17' Wide Body Burro for my father. He lives in Ohio just north of Hamilton. (I live 600 miles away).

I "DO NOT" have any pictures of this camper to post.

You can contact him for futher information, 513.726.5125.

Maybe someone that lives local would be willing to stop by a take a few then post them?

It's a 1999 Burro Wide Body
Good Solid Floor
3 Burner Stove
Electric Frig.
A/C
Orginal Cushions (good condition)
Good tires (with spare)
Electric Brakes
2 Propane Tanks
Clean Title

He is asking $4000.00.

Thank you for viewing.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
I drove up and checked out the Burro today. Here is my report on the camper if anyone is interested. Overall, it is a decent trailer, there are a few issues that will need to be addressed by the new owners. Roof A/C leaks from a bad seal, but the right side roof top has a big sag in it and may be part of the leaking problem, as there is water pooling there. There are a few spider cracks here and there, nothing bad, but there are 2 pretty good cracks that have been repaired with body filler and spray paint. Some of the body filler has come out and the crack is exposed. The second repair will need some attention as well for the same reasons. The floor looked to be solid, but behind the left side wheel, there is some slight water damage from water slinging from the tire and would need to be sealed up. There is water between the fiberglass bottom and the wood in this location. The tires are fair, although low on air and the spare tire is flat. the floor is covered in carpet and foam padding and looks to be fine. It does have potential and can definately be used as it is, but it just wasn't what I was looking for. The camper does have A/C, although the plastic shroud needs replaced due to some cracks and dry rot. He said it worked fine. There are 2 propane tanks, but they are both the old style and cannot be refilled so it will need new tanks. The inside is pretty basic for a 17' wide body. No bath room, and no big closet, no furnace and no 12 volt convertor. It just uses 12volt power from a battery with no way to charge it.

My opinion on the camper is this: Pretty decent camper for someone to start out with. The roof is a concern due to the big sag in the right side and the roof leak that may or may not be from the A/C seal. I think that the sagging roof has alot to do with the roof leak through the A/C seal. The fiberglass damage is not anything major, but will need to be repaired to keep out water. With a little work and a few dollars, this may turn out to be a nice camper for you and your family. I looked it over pretty good, inside every cabinet, under and on top of the camper. I unfortunately didn't take any pictures, but it is the typical 1999 Burro 17 with no bath or big closet so you can google it to see the floor plan.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #3

Trailer: Love Bug 1973 13 ft and Scamp 1984 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to JNikirk
I am interested, but would love to see some pictures.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #4

South Carolina
JNikirk,

I have contacted a friend that is willing to go over to Dads and take a few pictures.

He is also willing to e-mail them to you if you would call Dad with you e-mail address?

Phone number listed on 1st. post.

Thank you

Boda 66
Old 11-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #5

South Carolina
Sold

This Little Egg has be sold.

Thank you

Boda 66

Tags