MA 2004 Scamp 16 ft. Side-Dinette - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 2004 Scamp Side Dinette 16 ft / 2006 Honda Pilot
2004 Scamp 16 ft. Side-Dinette

Used less than 20 times. Now out of hibernation. Every bell and whistle: shower and toilet, two-way frig, A/A, heater, cable tv ready, awning, 12 volt ceiling fan, micro-wave, sleeps three, electric brakes, more.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN4085 (1).jpg   DSCN4084.jpg  

DSCN4043.jpg   DSCN4047.jpg  

DSCN4050.jpg   DSCN4075.jpg  

DSCN4078.jpg   DSCN4083.jpg  

Old 05-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #2

Name: Diane
Trailer: Snoozy2
Maine
Hi,
Where are you located and how much are you asking. Do you know it 's gross weight? What do you tow it with?
Thanks,
Diane
Old 05-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #3

I am located in the Berkshire Hills of Western Mass. Twelve miles from the Westfield exit of the Mass Pike. I am asking $12,000 as the unit is vitually new and fully, fully loaded. I am also including all the cooking amentities, water hook-up stuff,. Forgot to list the full screen door and extra reading lights. Have all manuals and booklets for all utilities.

I have pulled it with a V-6 Honda Pilot. No problem. Stops easy with its own electric brakes. It weighs with water tank filles, food in the frig, clothes, outside chairs, etc., approximately 2000 lbs. "Dry" it is probably around 1700 lbs. I have heard of people pulling with four-cylinder vehicles. It can be done, but I don't recommend it. Not because it can't be pulled, but I wonder about smaller engines having the torque to pull long hills without holding up traffic. Plus, having the weight and stability for going down steep, winding mountain roads.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:37 AM   #4

Name: Diane
Trailer: Snoozy2
Maine
Can you tell me what the two way fridge runs on? Is it gas and 110? Can the camper run off grid? What does A/A stand for?
Thanks,
Diane
Old 05-15-2014, 07:57 PM   #5

The two-way is on-board propane and 110. The propane also supplies the on-demand water heater, which has a 9 gallon tank. The propane runs a heater which has an electric (110) fan. You stay off the grid using a deep cell marine battery, running a 12 volt ceiling fan, interior lights, and two pumps (on drains the shower basin, the other pumps water from the on board holding tank to the sink and the shower). The two burner stove is propane, of course. You can quickly r-charge the battery by being hooked to the tow vehicle and run the motor for a few minutes. There are small solar panel kits available to trickle charge the battery. You can buy bigger solar systems and run the lights and pumps without the battery. A/A was a mistake. It should have been A/C for air conditioner. It runs on 110, of course. Good enough for the desert.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #6

Name: Debby & John
Trailer: CASITA and SCAMP
North Carolina
Does it have an holding tank for the bathroom?
Old 05-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #7

Yes, there is a "black" water tank for the toilet and a "gray" water tank for the shower and sink. The toilet holding tank has a capacity of 9.5 gallons. I believe the gray water tank is 24 gallons.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #8

Name: Bob
Trailer: in the market
Massachusetts
Hi We live in Greenfield Ma. We would like to look at your trailer. Please send contact info and the location of the trailer.
Thanks
How old are the tires, about how many miles on them? Is there gas in the propane tanks so the appliances can be turned on?
Old 05-18-2014, 07:08 PM   #9

Tire and Propane

The tires are the original, I assume. I bought it from a man who used it one time back and forth from New Hampshire to Florida. He put it up on jacks and I bought it in his second year. I have been over the road less than ten times. Age would be the issue, but I don't see any dry rot. Spare has never been used. The tires really are of minimal expense, relatively speaking.

There is propane and everything is working. Ran the stove and refrigerator yesterday. Used the heater a couple times in the winter. Haven't run the water heater this year, but I am very confidant.

One annoyance, I found out the deep cell marine battery won't take a charge. Had it on my work bench and trickle charged it through the winter. Less than two years old, so I have to get my pro-rated warranty worked out with the supplier. Brought it in just so I would't have this problem. Go figure. All the 12 volt stuff works cause I ran everything from my car battery.

I am in Huntington, about 35 miles from you. I will be around Wednesday during the day and then next weekend. I would rather not show it at night.

I should tell you, I do have one person who looked and made an offer which I accepted. However, he has not shown a deposit, or other payment. You can either wait to see if that goes through, or make arrangements to see it Wednesday or next weekend to be ready to move, if he doesn't come through and you are interested.

You can leave a message on my work phone ( I seldom answer because I am in and out) and I will call you at your convenience. 413 784-1240, ext. 7720
Old 05-22-2014, 09:52 PM   #10

Wink This Scamp has been sold. Thank for your interest.

sold !

Tags
scamp