2005 17.5 Bigfoot For Sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Hi y'all. This trailer is in perfect condition. I bought it from a member on this site. I need $$ for tax man, plus I've decided I'm a minimalist camper. I know, one could say that a 17.5 foot Bigfoot is minimal compared to all the starter castle trailers out there, but we've decided our old pop-up or a tent supplies our much needed mobility. We picked it up last summer in San Diego and drove to Alabama, spending about 1 month on the road. Love, love, love New Mexico in the summer. Anyways, we washed her up today and my husband took pictures, which we'll post later. Steve, the previous owner, is a whiz with all her details. But here goes: 17.5 feet, 2800 lbs?, awesome awning, microwave, frig, freezer, oven, oak cabinets, bathroom with shower, outdoor shower, dual propane, fancy hitch with swaybars, 4 season trailer. And more, I'm sure.

Like Steve, the previous owner told me, this is a 2005 model but in better condition than a new one you'd find on the lot. When Steve owned it, he kept it under an awning. We have a cover for it.

No smoking, no animals. Oh, and I'm asking $14,400. May be able to deliver.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_02420005.JPG   DSC_02480011.JPG  

DSC_02390002.JPG   DSC_02460009.JPG  

DSC_02470010.JPG   DSC_02380001.JPG  

Old 03-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft Bigfoot
Hi Nicole and Steve,

Can you tell me if you mean that this trailer has the winter package when you refer to 4 seasons. That would mean it had insulated tanks, dual pane windows etc..
It would be nice to see some pictures of the beds if possible.

Donna and Chris
Old 03-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
I hope Nicole doesn't mind if I answer a few questions for her. I'm the previous owner (Steve) that Nicole was referring to in her post.

Yes, the windows are dual-pane with the solar reflecting coating and the tanks are fully enclosed and heated. In other words it is a true 4-season trailer and has every other factory option available at the time with the exception of the solar panels. As Nicole mentioned, the trailer is in pristine condition inside and out. The fiberglass exterior still has that factory shine. The tires were upgraded to load range D before it was sold to Nicole.

Edit - I forgot to mention that both my wife and I miss having the 17.5CB. We later purchased a Bigfoot 21RB and have noticed since the advantages of the smaller trailer. Besides being easier to tow and get into smaller campsites it seems to attract attention wherever you go unlike our current trailer.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #4

Thank you very much Steve for filling in the gaps. I appreciate it very much. Steve also added a very good swaybar hitch. We could really tell the difference at times as we drove back east on those windy flat praries.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #5

You're welcome Nicole. Good luck!

Quote:
Thank you very much Steve for filling in the gaps. I appreciate it very much. Steve also added a very good swaybar hitch. We could really tell the difference at times as we drove back east on those windy flat praries.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #6

Well, tax day is coming. Y'all call or write and make me an offer!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita
How does it compare on width to a Casita? Thx
Old 04-06-2010, 09:08 AM   #8

The outside width of a 17' Casita is 6'8" as compared to a Bigfoot 17.5, which is 8'0'. The longer bigfoot trailers are 8'4" wide.

Quote:
How does it compare on width to a Casita? Thx
Old 04-06-2010, 09:15 AM   #9

Thanks, Steve.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Thanks, Steve.
What type of vehicle do you tow this with? Would this sleep 4 people (2 kids)? Thanks!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #11

Quote:
What type of vehicle do you tow this with? Would this sleep 4 people (2 kids)? Thanks!
Rich, I called Nicole on the phone yesterday (see original post for her number), she's camping so won't be on the net. She just listed it on eBay if you're interested.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Rich, I called Nicole on the phone yesterday (see original post for her number), she's camping so won't be on the net. She just listed it on eBay if you're interested.
Hi all, I had a great week camping in the Bigfoot. Everything works perfectly, even the furnace! North Alabama is in full bloom spring season with warm days and cool nights. The trailer is now all clean and ready for you to hook up! I've lowered my price from $14,400 to $13,900. Have a great day.

We pulled the trailer with a 8 cylinder Toyota 4Runner. Pulled great from San Diego to Alabama, across mountains, and plains. You must check your vehicle's tow capacity, which will be in the manual. The trailer weighs 2900 lbs, dry.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Hi all, I had a great week camping in the Bigfoot. Everything works perfectly, even the furnace! North Alabama is in full bloom spring season with warm days and cool nights. The trailer is now all clean and ready for you to hook up! I've lowered my price from $14,400 to $13,900. Have a great day.

We pulled the trailer with a 8 cylinder Toyota 4Runner. Pulled great from San Diego to Alabama, across mountains, and plains. You must check your vehicle's tow capacity, which will be in the manual. The trailer weighs 2900 lbs, dry.
Glad you had a great trip, I really like your Bigfoot! Can you post some pics of the sleeping situation? You could come on down and camp at Billy Dreher Island State Park! This way I can see that puppy up close! Thanks, Mark
Old 04-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Glad you had a great trip, I really like your Bigfoot! Can you post some pics of the sleeping situation? You could come on down and camp at Billy Dreher Island State Park! This way I can see that puppy up close! Thanks, Mark
My parents live in Folly Beach and we pass through Columbia on the way, so it's a possibility... Since I'm now on the road, lord, just call me a rolling stone, I can't take pictures (easily). Look at the specs on BigfootRV.com for the 17.5CB model. My husband and I had to use both ends to sleep comfortably. Plus, I bought a memory foam for the bench end and I was as comfy as a kitten.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #15

Quote:
My parents live in Folly Beach and we pass through Columbia on the way, so it's a possibility... Since I'm now on the road, lord, just call me a rolling stone, I can't take pictures (easily). Look at the specs on BigfootRV.com for the 17.5CB model. My husband and I had to use both ends to sleep comfortably. Plus, I bought a memory foam for the bench end and I was as comfy as a kitten.
Thanks for the imput, the floorplan looks pretty good, not sure I can sleep that far away from the bride. I too paid homage to the tax man (today) and it really had a sting to it. We will see where this camper adventure takes us. We were in Georgia last weekend about two hours from ya'll, guess what I'm saying we can go on a small road trip to look at your Bigfoot..may as well look at your camper too......
Old 04-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #16

Found Waldo, the question is....Where is Nicole?
Attached Thumbnails
waldo.jpg  
Old 04-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #17

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Nicole was Last Active 13th April 2010 - 06:18 AM

But, if you're truely interested in this trailer you could call her
six seven eight four nine one 8418
Old 04-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #18

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Registry
Ooh, that little beauty would be gone in heartbeat up here in British Columbia. Can you provide the Ebay link so I can pass it along to some friends who might be interested, if it hasn't sold already? Thanks.
Cheers,
Kevin
Old 04-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #19

Quote:
[b]Ooh, that little beauty would be gone in heartbeat up here in British Columbia. Can you provide the Ebay link so I can pass it along to some friends who might be interested, if it hasn't sold already? Thanks.
Cheers,
Kevin
I just re-listed on ebay today. I copied the link from ebay and hope it works when clicked.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...K%3AMESELX%3AIT

I'm out west in Vegas area for a time. Bigfoot is still in Alabama. My family is available to show it;also they have the signed Bill of Sale and signed title. Good time to make a roadtrip from BC to the US SE!
Old 04-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #20

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Registry
Quote:
I just re-listed on ebay today. I copied the link from ebay and hope it works when clicked.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...K%3AMESELX%3AIT

I'm out west in Vegas area for a time. Bigfoot is still in Alabama. My family is available to show it;also they have the signed Bill of Sale and signed title. Good time to make a roadtrip from BC to the US SE!
================ Would love to, Nicole, but it's a wee bit too far. However, I'm forwarding the link to some friends who might be interested. You might be pleasantly surprised at how quickly it sells on Ebay, though. Good luck and thanks for the link.

Cheers,
Kevin

Tags
bigfoot