AZ 2007 Oliver Legacy Elite with Solar $37,500 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #15

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm curious about the Oliver's spec's? Does Oliver include the tongue length in it's 17' specs? The layout seems larger than a 14' trailer!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #16

Name: George
Trailer: Waiting for the Sprinter van and designing the converion modules.
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugz View Post
...........and it's built for weather extremes. ...........Lisa
Are windows double glazed?
George.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #17

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeJay and ElleJay View Post
Nice Trailer BUT, IOHO, NOT worth 3 times a Casita.
On the surface an Oliver Legacy Elite and a Casita Spirit Deluxe appear to be the same trailer. It is what you cannot see on the surface that makes the Oliver more expensive. Methods of construction and attention to detail are the difference; Custom build vs. Mass market. In the same way that people react to the expense of Molded Fiberglass vs. Conventional wood frame with aluminum skin joined with staples, people react to double molded shells joined with adhesive vs. single molded shell joined with rivets.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #18

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
Are windows double glazed?
George.
The ad says "No".
Old 10-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #19

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite
Arizona
cpaharley2008, the 17' tongue length is included but that is with the shortest adjustment of the adjustable tongue. I'm not exactly sure how far it extends. I'd say a foot or so.

George, ours does not have the double glazed windows. We had inquired about changing them out but only three of the six can be double glazed regardless. The bathroom, door and emergency egress window in the back would not have been double glazed. We decided to pass on having this done since we haven't had issue with uncomfortable temps with the standard windows. We live in Lake Havasu where it is routinely 115-120 degrees in the summer and have no problem keeping it cool. I attribute this to the double hull and insulation along with the really nice day/night shades. Whoever invented those is a genius.

Lisa
Old 10-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #20

Pennsylvania
Registry
Are the tanks enclosed and heated like the Airstream's?
Old 10-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #21

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite
Arizona
cpaharley2008, I'm not sure how Airstream does theirs but our tanks are enclosed and on our particular Oliver they are heated.

Lisa
Old 10-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #22

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Mass Market

After returning from the Scamp factory I wouldn't consider any of these fiberglass trailers mass market, at least at the Scamp factory they are virtually hand made.

I do agree that a Casita 17 and an Oliver have much in common in terms of function, actually both can fully meet the needs of a camper. The Oliver offers some functions at a higher level, i.e. electric leveling.

I went to the Oliver web site to find the trailer's width. It no longer seems to be functioning, at least not today. One thing the Casit aand Oliver have in common is a narrow isle, our Scamp's appears 50% wider.

Certainly for anyone that wants the special features of the Oliver like an aluminum frame, ..... this is the only choice. When there is only one choice the price is often high, unfortunately too high to sustain a business.

I'm sure there's a customer for this rather unique execution of a fiberglass trailer.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 10-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #23

Name: George
Trailer: Waiting for the Sprinter van and designing the converion modules.
Oregon
If I would again consider 17' or larger trailer I would definitely consider Oliver, it is a Rolls Royce. Personally, I think it is better than Airstream $4K Al panel replacements. Price and weight would be the primary deterrents.

You could follow my 21RB Bigfoot sale about 3 month ago and find the person from Saudi Arabia who was interesting getting my trailer. This potential sale was absolutely real, no scam. Your Oliver could be a perfect fit for him to camp on the Saudi Desert. Send me an PM if you want his contact, I don't know if he is still on the market.

I am still struggling in between Sprinter with my own RV conversion or Trillium Outback and ...

George.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #24

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
2008 comparison of dimensional and capacity specs here: Bay Area Podcast – How we Picked our RV |
Old 10-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #25

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
I have the Orig brochure they mailed out somewhere. I think it says around 17k, can't remember for sure. You gotta love inflation. Still would love to own one some day.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #26

Name: Steve
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 17
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeJay and ElleJay View Post
Nice Trailer BUT, IOHO, NOT worth 3 times a Casita.
It is priced in Airstream territory and you can't even get into the WBCCI with one.
Not much wonder the Oliver brothers ran out of customers after 45 sales.

GJ & LJ
I sold my loaded out 2008 Airstream 16 ft DWR to buy a 2008 Oliver. It was one of the best moves I ever made. If you go to the AS forum you will read about all kinds of problems concerning their Airstream trailers, including poor workmanship at the factory, rotting floors from leaks, old technology still being used, etc. The Oliver I bought is bulletproof, much like your Casitas, however, the Oliver is like a Casita on steroids.

While I was on the road with my Oliver in Montana a couple came up to me and asked if they could look at my Casita. They were looking to buy one. I told them that it was not a Casita and welcomed them to look. After they took a tour the husband took me aside and told me that this was going to be a problem for him because now his wife would never be satisfied with a Casita.

Bottom line is that in my opinion, the Oliver is way better than my 16 Bambi DWR, even though I paid quite a bit less for the Oliver.

By the way, I just came back from the Oliver factory where they replaced my 3500# axel for a new 5200# axel at no charge to me. They are talking about making Olivers again sometime next year. Believe me, there would be no problem selling new Olivers for $35,000 to people looking at similar Airstreams for $54,000, which is what my Airstream retailed for when new. The resale value on these Olivers is also phenomenal. You pay more but are able to enjoy
the Olivers great features and if you need to sell it you are going to get most of your money back. I love the fact that there are only 45 Olivers in the world and that I own one, but would love to see them back in production so that others can experience this great product, made in America by proud Americans.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #27

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Beautiful. No roughing it included here! I'm sure you'll find your buyer. Good luck on a speedy sale.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #28

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
It would be nice if they make them again they are beautiful, but the new fiberglass really offgasses and is really unhealthy (for all eggs).

Tags
oliver, solar