OR 2008 Bigfoot Travel Trailer 25B21RB - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #15

Name: George
Trailer: Waiting for the Sprinter van and designing the converion modules.
Oregon
Thank you for advice. If this deal is real he is more exposed than us. If funds show up in our bank account there is no way he can retrieve them, than he is exposed. We gave him SWIFT, routing and account info but this is practically public knowledge. We will give him through Thursday this week to finalized his agreed upon obligation.
We have another offer but it requires long distance delivery from a fellow retiree who wants to go around US. If Saudi’s deal is bogus we are planning to accept this offer.

George.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #16

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RB and Bigfoot 21RB
British Columbia
Actually - when the funds "show up" in your account it means diddly. It means that preliminary scan has proceeded. However, at any time up to 90 days after the $$$ "appear" you bank may discover that the $$$ that they put into your account do not actually exist and they will then make an accounting adjustment.

Its not that "he" will be withdrawing the $$$, it is a case of him not putting REAL $$ into your account in the first place.

When dealing overseas, you want CASH in hand. Once the unit has left your driveway headed for another part of the globe - whether within the US of A or in Saudi Arabia, you have lost.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #17

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
possibly a wire is just as safe or a certified check drawn on us bank that you then cash at the bank it is drawn upon and get paid in cash
Old 06-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #18

Oregon
Folks from our bank told us that it takes 3-5 days to verify if funds are real and in our account. They also told us that among personal checks, certified checks, money orders, cash, wiring money is the safest due to a complete traceability. Once wired funds are in my account a sender has no access. I wire money a few times a year to EU and there are plenty of warnings that wiring is irreversible.

In case of fraudulent activity we setup two-tier passwords. Apparently crooks are always a step ahead of banking security.

I think this is interesting offer but I am not completely sure it will go through. We are going to give him until this Thursday to fulfill his obligation and if he fails we will accept the offer with long distance delivery. In that case we will likely open (actually reopen) an account in buyer’s bank and do the account to account transaction in the bank.

George.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #19

Oregon
Google is great

I did some research regarding the Saudi buyer based on his telephone number and e-mail address. Apparently he is the director of Human Resources, Member of the Board of the publicly traded corporation employing 12,000 people with $1.3B revenue located in Riyadh.

Well, time will tell but I am less worry about fraudulent activity.

George.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #20

Oregon
Wiring Money by forwarder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
I did some research regarding the Saudi buyer based on his telephone number and e-mail address. Apparently he is the director of Human Resources, Member of the Board of the publicly traded corporation employing 12,000 people with $1.3B revenue located in Riyadh.

Well, time will tell but I am less worry about fraudulent activity.

George.
I just got this email from the Saudi guy. Educated in US with high position:
"Hi George
This is a confirmation from my said regarding the sales agreement in the above subject . Our forwarder will contact you tomorrow , he will also Handel bank transaction and delivery . i will give you a call today
Regards
XXXXX XX XXXX"

Stay safe. Last year in Paris while waiting for a metro I found a hand of a beautiful young lady in my rear pocket, fortunately I saved the wallet by milliseconds. In a couple of minutes "peek pockets" was broadcast from PA speakers.
Life is good,
George.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
George,
Everything I have ever read about scammers is their lack of grammar skills as well as spelling mistakes. I'm sorry George, but this does not seem written by an educated businessman, h/r director, nor board member. I hope I'm wrong. That is one of the nicest rigs I have ever seen.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #22

Name: Ann
Trailer: Dreaming of my own egg
Texas
Hi
I agree this sounds way too much like a scam.
The money can be taken from ur account as soon as the bank realized its not real.. It does take about 4 weeks for the bank to actually realize this check is worthless .. Your bank credits ur account in good faith.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #23

Pennsylvania
Registry
Not only that George, but you are adding $$$ to our trade deficit, keep it within the USA
Old 06-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RB and Bigfoot 21RB
British Columbia
My immediate reaction was - sorry to say - and George - please do not take offense :

"Hello George
I am a multi-zillionaire Saudi Arabian businessman with a humongously well-paid position in a Ginormous Saudi company and it has always been my life's ambition to buy a second-hand travel trailer from the West Coast of the US and bring it back to the Arabian Peninsula via Texas, even though there is another Bigfoot 21 footer for sale in Texas at way less than half the price of this one"

However - stranger things have happened and it may very well be a legitimate deal

Take care - its a bunch of $$$ at risk!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #25

Oregon
My wife and I talked to him a few minutes ago. He hired shipping company and funds supposed to be transfer within US. Sounds as typical scam but the questions he asked did not fit a typical scam profile for example:
- What is the ground clearance with the generator?
- What is LPG consumption by generator with AC running?
- Does the Sumbrella cover have a clear plastic window for the solar panels?
- How loud or how much vibration there is with the generator running at load?

We asked him about camping in Saudi Arabia and he said that it is very different than in US; the most popular is setting camps in the winter desert or visit their National Park which apparently is gorgeous. His description matched my quick search. He wished to buy another Bigfoot trailer equipped as ours is.

We supposed to get transaction proposal tomorrow from the shipping company. Life is good, I still have my wallet and am planning to keep it.

Many years ago I had Fiat 2000 Pinifarina for sale in California. Someone responded to my advertising, came to our house and asked “can I pay you in Deutsche Marks?” – no, but the spider still ended up in Germany.

George.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #26

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
My immediate reaction was - sorry to say - and George - please do not take offense :

"Hello George
I am a multi-zillionaire Saudi Arabian businessman with a humongously well-paid position in a Ginormous Saudi company and it has always been my life's ambition to buy a second-hand travel trailer from the West Coast of the US and bring it back to the Arabian Peninsula via Texas, even though there is another Bigfoot 21 footer for sale in Texas at way less than half the price of this one"

However - stranger things have happened and it may very well be a legitimate deal

Take care - its a bunch of $$$ at risk!
Dave, it is not $$$ at risk, it is $$,$$$ at risk.
George.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #27

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
George,
Everything I have ever read about scammers is their lack of grammar skills as well as spelling mistakes. I'm sorry George, but this does not seem written by an educated businessman, h/r director, nor board member. I hope I'm wrong. That is one of the nicest rigs I have ever seen.
No kidding, even from a first grader would be better. Fortunately, we do have a back-up plan, unfortunately it is 2000 miles away and requires delivery.
George.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #28

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
This will be interesting to see what happens. Sounds like a scam to me. I would not touch it with a ten foot pole.(so the saying goes). Seller beware of possible Scam. If this guy really has all that money would he not want a brand new Bigfoot?! I smell a scam - hoping I am wrong for your sake.
Wishing you the best of luck with your sale.

Tags
bigfoot