OR 2008 Bigfoot Travel Trailer 25B21RB - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2012, 07:57 PM   #21

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
George,
Everything I have ever read about scammers is their lack of grammar skills as well as spelling mistakes. I'm sorry George, but this does not seem written by an educated businessman, h/r director, nor board member. I hope I'm wrong. That is one of the nicest rigs I have ever seen.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 PM   #22

Name: Ann
Trailer: Dreaming of my own egg
Texas
Hi
I agree this sounds way too much like a scam.
The money can be taken from ur account as soon as the bank realized its not real.. It does take about 4 weeks for the bank to actually realize this check is worthless .. Your bank credits ur account in good faith.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #23

Pennsylvania
Registry
Not only that George, but you are adding $$$ to our trade deficit, keep it within the USA
Old 06-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
My immediate reaction was - sorry to say - and George - please do not take offense :

"Hello George
I am a multi-zillionaire Saudi Arabian businessman with a humongously well-paid position in a Ginormous Saudi company and it has always been my life's ambition to buy a second-hand travel trailer from the West Coast of the US and bring it back to the Arabian Peninsula via Texas, even though there is another Bigfoot 21 footer for sale in Texas at way less than half the price of this one"

However - stranger things have happened and it may very well be a legitimate deal

Take care - its a bunch of $$$ at risk!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #25

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
My wife and I talked to him a few minutes ago. He hired shipping company and funds supposed to be transfer within US. Sounds as typical scam but the questions he asked did not fit a typical scam profile for example:
- What is the ground clearance with the generator?
- What is LPG consumption by generator with AC running?
- Does the Sumbrella cover have a clear plastic window for the solar panels?
- How loud or how much vibration there is with the generator running at load?

We asked him about camping in Saudi Arabia and he said that it is very different than in US; the most popular is setting camps in the winter desert or visit their National Park which apparently is gorgeous. His description matched my quick search. He wished to buy another Bigfoot trailer equipped as ours is.

We supposed to get transaction proposal tomorrow from the shipping company. Life is good, I still have my wallet and am planning to keep it.

Many years ago I had Fiat 2000 Pinifarina for sale in California. Someone responded to my advertising, came to our house and asked “can I pay you in Deutsche Marks?” – no, but the spider still ended up in Germany.

George.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
My immediate reaction was - sorry to say - and George - please do not take offense :

"Hello George
I am a multi-zillionaire Saudi Arabian businessman with a humongously well-paid position in a Ginormous Saudi company and it has always been my life's ambition to buy a second-hand travel trailer from the West Coast of the US and bring it back to the Arabian Peninsula via Texas, even though there is another Bigfoot 21 footer for sale in Texas at way less than half the price of this one"

However - stranger things have happened and it may very well be a legitimate deal

Take care - its a bunch of $$$ at risk!
Dave, it is not $$$ at risk, it is $$,$$$ at risk.
George.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
George,
Everything I have ever read about scammers is their lack of grammar skills as well as spelling mistakes. I'm sorry George, but this does not seem written by an educated businessman, h/r director, nor board member. I hope I'm wrong. That is one of the nicest rigs I have ever seen.
No kidding, even from a first grader would be better. Fortunately, we do have a back-up plan, unfortunately it is 2000 miles away and requires delivery.
George.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #28

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
This will be interesting to see what happens. Sounds like a scam to me. I would not touch it with a ten foot pole.(so the saying goes). Seller beware of possible Scam. If this guy really has all that money would he not want a brand new Bigfoot?! I smell a scam - hoping I am wrong for your sake.
Wishing you the best of luck with your sale.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalyn View Post
This will be interesting to see what happens. Sounds like a scam to me. I would not touch it with a ten foot pole.(so the saying goes). Seller beware of possible Scam. If this guy really has all that money would he not want a brand new Bigfoot?! I smell a scam - hoping I am wrong for your sake.
Wishing you the best of luck with your sale.
Time will tell if this purchase is or is not a scam attempt. A new Bigfoot with all my additions, especially airbag modified suspension, and 120W solar panels is not really available from Bigfoot and if it would be the price could be over $40K. When I was buying this trailer in 2008 the first asking price was in the mid forties. He had questions about softer suspension. When I install the airbags I measured the difference at different air pressures with USB accelerometer and at 10-15 PSI it was improved by 25%. He had several questions about it, the compressor on board, so, time will tell.

George.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:38 AM   #30

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
No kidding, even from a first grader would be better. Fortunately, we do have a back-up plan, unfortunately it is 2000 miles away and requires delivery.
George.
sounds like a road trip to me....
Old 06-27-2012, 05:56 AM   #31

Texas
Just Courious what the reason was given why they couldn't pay cash when they pick up the trailer? This reeks of a scam. Anytime they have to WIRE the money something stinks! BTW just cause his english is good Just means he's an educated SCAMER! Good Luck!
Ann
Old 06-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #32

Pennsylvania
Registry
Survey says- 9 against, 1 for !!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #33

Sold, this time for real.

Quote:
Survey says- 9 against, 1 for !!!!
Updated survey says 11 to 0. This includes us and FBI. Quick conversation with the FBI agent, my wife called, concluded with a very high probability that it is a scam most likely from Nigeria. We just exchange signatures on the sale agreement with long distance delivery at full price splitting fuel cost. We should be there on Monday.
Thank you for all your feedback and be careful.
George.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #34

Pennsylvania
Registry
glad it worked out for the best have a safe trip delivering. are you going to purchase another?
Old 06-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #35

Texas
Wow! The power of the multitude of friends!
So glad to hear you actually contacted the FBI.
Good thinking!
Safe travels to deliver and back your Bigfoot.
Ann
Old 06-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #36

Quote:
glad it worked out for the best have a safe trip delivering. are you going to purchase another?
Don't know yet. After our trip to EU for 3 month we will make a decision. Our options, in likely order, are:

- Short/High Mercedes Sprinter with my conversion (all diesel and electric appliances, no LPG). I will look Ford Transit and Fiat Ducato in EU assuming they are coming to our shores soon.

- Small towing vehicle, preferably diesel and 13' - 15' FG trailer either new or no older than 2010.

- Keep the 99 F350 PSD and above like trailer with new towing vehicles in the future when more diesels would become available.

We use our Bigfoot rarely because it was too big and cumbersome. A van we would likely use more often. When we had 77 and 85 VW Westfalias a decision to go camping was spontaneous, we missed that aspect.
George.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #37

Pennsylvania
Registry
I remember my Dad's cadillac Eldorado, huge v-8, air suspension, ride all day and never feel a bump. Then my first Mustang, so loud you could not hear the radio and after and hour you were beaten to death. Do you see the similarity, your big Bigfoot met your needs and now another smaller trailer will meet your needs, having both makes you appreciate the other.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:15 AM   #38

Name: SAUD
Trailer: Bigfoot,25fb
Riyadh
Dear George,Dear Ruth,
I swear it is not a scamp we are honest people and serious to purchse Mr. Georgr trailer our problem is securing the purchase since my bother now visiting his sons who are attending school in san diego .We resorted to our friend at World Wide inc. in Austin Texas who are trying to reach Mr. George to inform him that they arranged with a shipper who will deliver the money and bring the trailer to the port.
If you still have the trailer we are still interested .
World Wide Inc. Phone :512263214
wwi mail address: wineinc@bga.com

Best regards

Saud S. Al Ajlan
Old 07-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #39

Name: SAUD
Trailer: Bigfoot,25fb
Riyadh
Dear George,Dear Ruth,
I swear it is not a scamp we are honest people and serious to purchse Mr. George trailer our problem is securing the purchase since my bother now visiting his kids who are attending school in san diego .We resorted to our friend at World Wide inc. in Austin Texas who are trying to reach Mr. George- to inform him that they arranged with a shipper who will deliver the money and bring the trailer to the port-but no answer recieved from Mr.George .
If you Mr.George still have the trailer we are still interested .
World Wide Inc. Phone :512263214
wwi mail address: wineinc@bga.com

Best regards

Saud S. Al Ajlan
Old 07-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #40

Pennsylvania
Registry
Saud,
In the event George may have already sold his Bigfoot, there are at least 3 other 25' listed here for sale here--
Bigfoot Travel Trailers - Canada | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

Tags
bigfoot