2009 Escape 19' Needs Repair $5995 Portland Oregon - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking Buy it.

That'll buff right out!

Just kidding.

Actually, I wouldn't buy from someone who is obviously trying to hide the damage. Why does he not show a curbside front view?

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Unfortunately we never did hear exactly what caused the trailer to go off the road...we do know that the family was ok! This unit was factory equipped with the fresh tank inside for winter use rather than under the body.

It is definitely worth rebuilding....if you have those all-round skills, patience and a large garage. Fiberglass is relatively easily repaired or a new front corner section could be spliced in. It looks like the hitch is bent, but if the rest of the frame is ok, the hitch can be cut off and a new one welded on. The front upper cabinet would need to be replaced...but minor. Again...I am only going off the photos, so it could be worse. Hopefully the axles are ok. The cabinet doors seem all there...the missing one's are drawers and are probably on the floor.

If someone takes this project on...I would love some before and after photos!

Reace
Old 10-28-2010, 11:23 PM   #23

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reace View Post
Fiberglass is relatively easily repaired or a new front corner section could be spliced in.
Reace
That is what I was thinking, could you provide a new front corner section to splice in? Or would it be easier to repair what is there?

I was thinking the splice would be easier since the damage seems to involve a lot of areas where the FG is not "flat".

And you could provide the right colour gelcoat for repair.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Again...we are only looking at a so so photo....it might be easier to repair the fiberglass as it is. If it is too far gone, then a replacement corner would be the best.

I can supply any parts required for the rebuild and of course a bit of info if necessary.

Reace
Old 10-30-2010, 08:05 AM   #25

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
I have revised my own post here to remove the details of a dispute concerning the sale of the trailer in question.

Matt
Old 10-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #26

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
According to Tort law a verbal agreement is as good as a signed contract.... if you have documentation. It appears you do based on the e-mail from "Eugene." Contact the Oregon Attorney General and file a consumer complaint: Oregon Department of Justice - How to File a Consumer Complaint do this if you cannot reach a satisfactory conclusion with the seller.

BTW: I am NOT an attorney, just took a very good business law class in college here in Oregon.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #27

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Lots of peaple are interesting in this thing ;-)
Old 10-30-2010, 08:50 AM   #28

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Matt,

I am so freakin sorry this is happening to you! I would not "go quietly into the night"--even if I had to show up with NEWS CREW in hand!

Yes, Bob, that's what I noticed------
Old 10-30-2010, 09:42 AM   #29

Registry
After some verbal discussion Eugene agreed to sell the trailer to me at the original negotiated price. We're headed out there. Stay tuned!

Fingers crossed
Old 10-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #30

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Will keep you in my thoughts today!! Good Luck---hope all turns out well!
Old 10-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #31

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
I noticed that my thread title has been changed to "Scam Alert". Although the seller's tactics were unethical (heck, I had the same thing happen to me, more or less, with my trailer) I want to make it clear that I did not accuse the seller of pulling a scam.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #32

I think Matt changed the title when he was posting he was having problems with the seller.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #33

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Burro Widebody (bought in Ohio. Drove home Spring 2009!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele B View Post
I noticed that my thread title has been changed to "Scam Alert". Although the seller's tactics were unethical (heck, I had the same thing happen to me, more or less, with my trailer) I want to make it clear that I did not accuse the seller of pulling a scam.
presuming that Matt changed it when he added his note about his post (#25) into your original. it caught my eye right away as different. also - wasn't the original original posting price of this thing $5,995??? that's what I recall when first reading it the day you posted the link. unfortunately the original ad is now 'flagged for removal'

also not sure if anyone from here posted the "reply" ad but it shows $5,995 there from the "copy and paste" warning ad in the Portland C-listing...

Matt, hope all goes well with the deal.

----QUOTE----
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rvs/2027889605.html
Re: 2009 Escape RV Travel Trailer w/ minor damage - $5995 (Portland)

Date: 2010-10-26, 11:21PM PDT
Reply to: sale-8a8xs-2027889605@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This trailer did NOT just sustain minor damage; this trailer, as well as its tow vehicle, ROLLED. Plus, if this trailer's been out in the rain this week, the water damage has gotten into the insulation.

Massive torsion damage to this trailer, frame is shot, check out the axles, and why haven't they posted pics of the inside front interior? Because it's demolished.

This salvage dealer bit off more than he can chew and is trying to pass off his problem. Escape trailers are FANTASTIC, but unless you know what you're getting into...beware.
----UNQUOTE----
(quote/unquote added to make clear I am quoting the C-list reply ad)
Old 10-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #34

I don't think it "rolled" as in a 360.... maybe laid on it's side. The awning and arms are still on the trailer and intact. Sure will be glad when we find out more from Matt and I hope it's everything he hoped it would be.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #35

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Burro Widebody (bought in Ohio. Drove home Spring 2009!)
Donna, all the text under the C-List title is the text of the reply ad, not mine. I was merely using the reply ad to show there seemed to be more to the pricing hi-jinx, and hoping all went well w/ Matt's deal as it was long distance.
(But I personally agree as to your interpretation of 'rolled' here from the review of the pictures only)
Old 10-30-2010, 03:26 PM   #36

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think Matt changed the title when he was posting he was having problems with the seller.
So if person A starts a thread with a given title, person B, C, or D can come along to post in the thread and change the title of the whole thread (which person A wrote)?

I didn't know that That seems a bit unconventional to me.

Raya
Old 10-30-2010, 04:07 PM   #37

Trailer: Escape 19 ft 2010
Registry
Raya,

I like the question you are asking. Hopefully we can find a sucessful answer.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #38

Registry
I've restored Michelle's original thread title. Sorry if anyone was confused about the origin of the comment. My concern was that leaving it untouched might have driven another potential buyer into the same situation if s/he never made it to my post #25. Hopefully that won't happen. I'll also delete the details of my post on interactions with the seller.

I don't know anything about the craigslist reply ad. Personally, I think the whole situation is a little unconventional!

Regards,

Matt
Old 10-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #39

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Title test

Hi Matt,

So how did you change the title? I don't see where I could (if I wanted to) do that. I can title my own individual response (although that function does not seem to be commonly used or useful on this or other forums), but I don't see where I could change Michelle's main thread title.

Also, how did it go with your purchase?

Raya
Old 10-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #40

Matt is a moderator.... see that under his Profile

Tags
escape