'73 Amerigo in NC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Has been cared for exceedingly well over the years. Has brand new furnace with thermostat and electronic ignition, brand new 12 volt interior lights, has brand new solar charger, new tires, new awning, 3 burner stove with oven, large fridge works on propane or electric, has permanent 3 person dinette so that the large dinette can be made up as a permanent bed if desired, very spacious with large closet used as privacy room for porta potty, electric water pump, galley sink, double propane tanks with crossover valve, electric brakes with breakaway control. Excellent condition inside and out. Also has 18 inch diameter moonroof, very cool. All original documentation will be furnished. Please view pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/sadieandclyde
Asking $5700
252-904-3238
Rocky Mount NC
rschubauer@netzero.com
Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 PM   #2

Any pic of the rear bed area??? and does it have the factory rear mounted air and stabilizers??
Old 03-20-2007, 06:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Any pic of the rear bed area??? and does it have the factory rear mounted air and stabilizers??
It doesn't have AC, although I recently installed a 6000 BTU unit in an Amerigo in the rear at floor level. It worked great, and it extended out and was supported by the rear bumper. With a remote control it was easy to turn on and off even with the bed made. I don't believe it has bumper mounted stabilizers, I use adjustable jack stands.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #4

Quote:
It doesn't have AC, although I recently installed a 6000 BTU unit in an Amerigo in the rear at floor level. It worked great, and it extended out and was supported by the rear bumper. With a remote control it was easy to turn on and off even with the bed made. I don't believe it has bumper mounted stabilizers, I use adjustable jack stands.
It's now on EBAY, item number: 270102287163
Old 03-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #5

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Amerigo-lig...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #6

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/rvs/284873116.html
Old 03-25-2007, 12:59 AM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul
Strange how the person selling this trailer lists their location as "Texas" in their profile, but North Carolina is where they're selling the trailer from?

There's also no mention in the Ebay ad that they may end the auction early due to local sale from Craigslist. It's a shame that this seller might pull the rug out from eager Ebay bidders (who are willing to travel hundreds of miles) and leave them high and dry without prior warning.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:00 AM   #8

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Note the pricing discrepancies, as well.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:33 PM   #9

I think you people have way too much time on your hands. Is it not possible to live one place, but have the camper stored with relatives in another city? Is it not possible to list the camper on Craigslist at a certain figure, realize that the figure is too high, and then list it on EBAY at a more ralistic market level. (Although I'm sure none of you would have ever tried to maximize your selling price. I'm sure you'd all try to sell low.) And finally, isn't it possible that the "seller" did not pull the ad off EBAY because it was sold locally? Actually EBAY yanked the ad because it is apparently illegal to say that an AC unit could be installed for an extra few dollars. Apparently EBAY feels they wouldn't be getting their full pound of flesh. Well guess what? You all can go back to whatever else you do besides deriding other people. I'm keeping the camper. It's way too nice to give away. How about that!!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #10

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul
Quote:
I think you people have way too much time on your hands. Is it not possible to live one place, but have the camper stored with relatives in another city? Is it not possible to list the camper on Craigslist at a certain figure, realize that the figure is too high, and then list it on EBAY at a more ralistic market level. (Although I'm sure none of you would have ever tried to maximize your selling price. I'm sure you'd all try to sell low.) And finally, isn't it possible that the "seller" did not pull the ad off EBAY because it was sold locally? Actually EBAY yanked the ad because it is apparently illegal to say that an AC unit could be installed for an extra few dollars. Apparently EBAY feels they wouldn't be getting their full pound of flesh. Well guess what? You all can go back to whatever else you do besides deriding other people. I'm keeping the camper. It's way too nice to give away. How about that!!
Well, if you spent more time on this website as a contributor rather than someone who joined only to re-sell trailers for profit, maybe you'd realize that we are a community that looks out for one another 'round here. Trust is an important factor when you're trying to sell a big-ticket item across the entire USA and the potential buyer may be travelling hundreds (or even thousands) of miles after dropping a big deposit. So if something looks fishy, you can be sure that some of the members here are going to point it out.

The fact that you were selling this trailer from one location and live in another raises a BIG red flag that's pointed out in this "sticky" on scams....

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=20897

Nobody said your scamming anyone, but the discrepancy between between the two locations just doesn't look right when somebody is selling such a large item. That's why I mentioned it. Couple that with the fact that you had the trailer listed in two different places (Ebay and Craigslist) with two different selling prices and no mention on your Ebay ad that you may pull the Ebay auction to sell locally. On top of that, you post the same trailer here for a whopping $5,700. Something about that also didn't seem right.

As far as keeping the camper so you don't "give it away" goes, that's pretty funny. You bought it for $2,575 and were trying to get $4,900 with your BIN price. But here on this site, you were looking to get $5,700!! If a 110% mark-up is what you call "giving it away" then the rest of us really missed out on a great deal!!!

Look, I don't Re-Bay, but if I did I would surely sit on the item and make sure it cleared my history before trying to sell it again. But personally, if I scored a deal like you got with that Amerigo, I'd not only keep it, I'd lock it down and guard that sucker with a shotgun and a couple of hungry Pit Bulls!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:41 AM   #11

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
I think you people have way too much time on your hands. Is it not possible to live one place, but have the camper stored with relatives in another city?
<Moderator Hat ON>

Robin, if you've followed any of the threads here, you'll know that a number of the listings we see now on eBay and Craigslist are scam listings. We NOW understand that yours was NOT a scam, and that you are a member here and a legitimate seller. However, right or wrong, questions about the legitimacy of a listing are reinforced when eBay pulls the auction. It's unfortunate that eBay pulled your auction as your Amerigo is, without a doubt, one of the nicest I've seen photos of.

The totality of the circumstances, though: the Amerigo listed being in several places; listed at different prices; listed with different locations the trailer appears to be located; and discussing the condition of this one in terms of the last one you sold; these all tend to run up a red flag for our other members simply because they're unusual. Unusual circumstances without adequate explanation (which you have now provided here, thank you!) are what cause folks to have concern about the legitimacy of a for sale listing.

I have closed this thread before it deteriorated further, but am leaving it up because I think there are lessons to be learned for both buyers and sellers from the thread, and I hope that folks who read it will read it with that in mind.

<Moderator Hat OFF>

Roger

Tags
amerigo