bargman lock wanted - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
Registry
bargman lock wanted

I know, join the club. i have got lucky here before though. My brand new bargman lasted about two years before someone hacked it to death last night. does anyone have any leads on where to get one? thanks.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Just a note: Bargman makes many different models of locks, even for the various eggs, so just saying Bargman is not specific enough (For example the U-haul 13 uses a Bargman L300). Since you have a Boler 13, I'm guessing you are looking for a Bargman L400.

Raya
Old 10-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #3

Registry
thanks

Yes, i am looking for an L-400. There is a chance that the two carcasses can be put together though as i still have my old one that had some part modified (IE broken) BTW- i still haven't taken the extra window sag pics but i will!
Old 10-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Oh good (on the window pics). I now know for sure that mine are straight in the vertical dimension (i.e. the verticals on each side of the window) because I had occasion to check them. I had the window out when I was tabbing in the closet, and I didn't think to clamp that area straight, and so the closet wall induced a slight wee curve there. At that point I was almost hoping my windows were curved! But no such luck. Straight as a die. So I had to cut out that bit of tabbing and then I clamped two boards onto that section to keep it straight while I re-tabbed it.

But back to the Bargman L400.....
Old 10-24-2010, 01:09 AM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Some interesting related "Similar Threads" come up in the list at the bottom of the page. I haven't checked 'em out though!

Regards,

Matt
Old 10-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
Some interesting related "Similar Threads" come up in the list at the bottom of the page. I haven't checked 'em out though!

Regards,

Matt
thanks. no available lock though. i'm hopefull i can put my two damaged ones back together. we'll see.............
Old 10-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #7

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Try ebay. I found one (cylinder) 2 weeks ago. Don't remember the seller - something Auto in MI. ~$20.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Gibbon View Post
Try ebay. I found one (cylinder) 2 weeks ago. Don't remember the seller - something Auto in MI. ~$20.
thanks, but i am 90% sure my old one can be put together with what's left of the new one. Need to replace the solar kit as well. thankfully that is easy to find.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:47 AM   #9

Trailer: (fiberglass)
L400 lock

Cyndi, you might try Sullivans rv salvage .i found mine there and it was less than a new one. but they also have new. hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndi H View Post
Yes, i am looking for an L-400. There is a chance that the two carcasses can be put together though as i still have my old one that had some part modified (IE broken) BTW- i still haven't taken the extra window sag pics but i will!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Cyndi, you might try Sullivans rv salvage .i found mine there and it was less than a new one. but they also have new. hope this helps
Thanks a lot. i will look them up.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:47 AM   #11

Name: munroe
Trailer: 2 X Triple E
Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndi H View Post
I know, join the club. i have got lucky here before though. My brand new bargman lasted about two years before someone hacked it to death last night. does anyone have any leads on where to get one? thanks.

I have one with a perfect mechanism and key but missing the outside handle. Yours can be put on if it is good with a simple rollpin. $100.00 plus shipping(mail?)

jmunroe@inet2000.com
Old 12-10-2010, 10:49 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunroe View Post
I have one with a perfect mechanism and key but missing the outside handle. Yours can be put on if it is good with a simple rollpin. $100.00 plus shipping(mail?)

jmunroe@inet2000.com
Thanks but i was able to combine my old one with the new damaged one. Only an unsightly weld spot on back but ok. i'm sure someone will snap yours up. thanks again.

Tags
bargman, l-400, lock