bigfoot 5th wheel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #1

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Rita')
Saw this listed 8/5/09 on the craiglist in Rosburg, Oregon. 1988 Bigfoot 5th wheel. Outside good, but vents were left open at the coast. Interior needs redone. But--- only $1,100!!!!

Somebody please go rescue this unit and give it a loving home!! I wanted one of these so bad, and was unable to get it because it was still in Canada, and just could not get it worked out go get it stateside! This one is already in the US! So that hurdle is already overcome for you.

The contact # was listed as 541-430-5660.

If some one gets this please let me know if someone from the group gets this.

Betty L.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Saw this listed 8/5/09 on the craiglist in Rosburg, Oregon. 1988 Bigfoot 5th wheel. Outside good, but vents were left open at the coast. Interior needs redone. But--- only $1,100!!!!

Somebody please go rescue this unit and give it a loving home!! I wanted one of these so bad, and was unable to get it because it was still in Canada, and just could not get it worked out go get it stateside! This one is already in the US! So that hurdle is already overcome for you.

The contact # was listed as 541-430-5660.

If some one gets this please let me know if someone from the group gets this.

Betty L.
Interesting, that there isn't a place in Oregon called ROSBERG. Maybe, they don't know where they live? FYI: We have put over several thousand into our 5th wheel and it wasn't even close to having been abused this much, so count on a lot more than that. Sad to see one abused and neglected this much.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita
It's Roseburg, Oregon on I-5 ,125 miles north of the Ca. border
Old 08-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Unhappy

FYI: We drove almost 9 hours round trip to see this 1988 Bigfoot 5th wheel trailer after talking to the owner. First of all the ad said the vents were left open at the coast, the owner told us it had set with the windows and vents open at the coast for over 2 years. After seeing this trailer in person I really think it went through a flood, and came out of one of our coastal areas in Oregon(say the Tillamook area ?) that floods most year. From the debris accumulated in the wheel wells and hub caps it looked like it was in a flood to us. We were really hoping to salvage this once great Bigfoot, but it is too far gone for us. It is a total gutting job- nothing is salvagable and so much is already missing. We noticed many more problems we won't take the time to go into here.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I wish it was closer. We could save it. I wanted one to custom completely rebuild. The one we ended up with is way too nice to gut.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
I wish it was closer. We could save it. I wanted one to custom completely rebuild. The one we ended up with is way too nice to gut.

Lizbeth,
Roseburg is only 125 +/- from the Californian border. I wish it could be saved too, but I already have 4 other "vintage" trailers, and one needs quite a bit of attention. I was thinking it would be easier if one were to buy it to trailer it out on a flatbed, it isn't in any condition like it is to go very far even though the present owner says he would.
Deb

Tags
bigfoot