Boler Decals? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 1970 Boler
Send a message via MSN to Brandon G
Boler Decals?

hey everyone, i have been fixing up my 1970 boler since last summer, and the only thing thats missing are the metal decals that go above the front and back windows. This would complete my restoration. I cant find a pair anywhere. I was just wondering if anyone makes them or CAN make them, or maybe you have an extra couple laying around. let me know that would be awesome if anyone had any clues hints or tips.

thanks alot.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Brandon, my friend who's a Bolerite tells me this topic has popped up on Bolerama occasionally. I don't know if anyone found a solution. But, you might want to post over there too. I'd think since that's a Boler focus forum, you might have better luck?
Old 02-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #3

Thanks Donna.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 1984
Here are two Boler styles that have been used in the past. Note the different letter "B". I took these to a sign maker and had a couple of decals made from them for about $10.
PS.
I believe that these pictures came from a legasy post pre-crash.
Attached Thumbnails
270.jpg   268.jpg  

273.JPG   276.JPG  

Old 02-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Gosh Kent, we just be twins separated at birth! Your memory is like mine. Here's Con's posting and he's provided a PDF for the Boler decals. Then there's this from Bolerlife.... look at the bottom of the page: Boler Life - owning and working on a little egg

Hope this helps!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #6

If you look at all the different style bolers that were made in all the different factories over the 20 years of production, you will find that there are actually about 4 or 5 different fonts that were used. For that reason unless you are reproducing a perticular vintage, then I wouldn't be too concerned with which one you use.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #7

Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister
Old 02-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #8

boler decals.

thanks everyone for the replies so far. james kent, thanks for the links, unfortunatly it doesnt help me out really becuase those are all the vinyl stick on decals...i was looking for the metal chrome plate decals. still thanks though.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #9

Brandon G
Sorry for the confusion. I guess that I got hung up on the word Decal and missed the word Metal. Yes, the chrome ones are rare and hard to find. Yuo might have luck at a FG gathering where they sometimes have a swop where people put out their extra stuff.
Jim
Old 02-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #10

james kent;

no problem haha. yea they are really hard to find, and i always keep a close eye on near by rv shows and swop meets, but never have any luck. i think my best bet is to wait untill i go to the boler shows that they have at different times of the year. theres a couple coming up actually. and i guess i could have said, boler badges, or name plates, or something...lol

thanks again for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
Brandon G
Sorry for the confusion. I guess that I got hung up on the word Decal and missed the word Metal. Yes, the chrome ones are rare and hard to find. Yuo might have luck at a FG gathering where they sometimes have a swop where people put out their extra stuff.
Jim
Old 02-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #11

Trailer: Boler 1300 1969 (flat roof)
My '69 flat top came with just decals. My profile pic shows what's left of one of them after being painted long ago. I'm not sure when the chrome badges were introduced. It might be possible that your '70 never came with them either. Can you tell if there are rivet holes where they would have been mounted?

I like the look of the chrome badges but will probably just re-create the decals since they were original for my vintage anyway.

Kevin
Old 03-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #12

actually kevin i think you might be right. i was taking a real close look and i can actually see a rectangle under the paint, as if the original sticker was peeled off and then painted over and all you can see an area thats slightly raised up in the shape of a sticker like yours. no rivets or anything. the metal decals/plates must have been used on later models. thanks for your input kevin/ and everyone.

Tags
boler