Brand New Bigfoot for less than what the dealer paid! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Bigfoot

Bigfoot is renowned for their exceptional quality and since Bigfoot has gone out of business the interest has soared. We have purchased the last few new Bigfoots remaining from the bank liquidator. This is your last chance to get new Bigfoot !!!! Never again will you have the opportunity to buy one new. There are no better travel trailers, Truck Campers, or motor homes built.

Here are the last of the new bigfoots available for a limited time:
2008 Bigfoot 21RB Travel Trailer
2008 Bigfoot 17.5CB Travel Trailer
2008 Bigfoot 21FB Travel Trailer
2008 Bigfoot 9.5SB Truck Camper
2008 Bigfoot 10.4 Truck Camper
2008 Bigfoot 10.6E Truck Camper
2008 Bigfoot 32ST Class C Motorhome
2008 Bigfoot 9.4 Truck Camper
2008 Bigfoot 9.5FS Truck Camper

To take advantage of these extraordinary deals call 1-888-507-6368 or e-mail sales[at]rvbrokers.com
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Old 03-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Greg - the link you give says posting has been removed.

Thanks for all the searches and referrals you provide!

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Old 03-02-2009, 12:51 AM   #3

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Current Ad of about 10 they posted today
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Old 03-02-2009, 02:14 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Unhappy

The implication is that these Bigfoot RVs were obtained in recent liquidation auctions. I think it's kind of interesting that Bigfoot Industries still had 2008 models in inventory. Wouldn't they have been turning out 2009 models when they closed on Nov 18? Wouldn't the 2008 models have moved on to the dealerships by then? If I were a buyer, I would be concerned that these particular units might have quality issues and were held back (or returned). Remember, there is no factory warranty now that Bigfoot is closed!
Old 03-02-2009, 01:36 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Craigslist has been peppered with these ads for about a week. They get flagged for removal pretty quickly. There is also someone putting "warning" up for people not to buy Bigfoot RVs because the factory has been closed and you will get no warranty.

That said........If they still made 5th wheels I would buy one of the liquidation ones in a heartbeat.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
If I had the money I'd buy a new one, warranty or no warranty. These fiberglass trailers aren't like the stickies.... we know that. I bet the warranty still applies on all the appliances and to me, that is what's important. I could live with or fix any flaws in the fiberglass.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:52 PM   #7

Trailer: 2004 17 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
If I had the money I'd buy a new one, warranty or no warranty. These fiberglass trailers aren't like the stickies.... we know that. I bet the warranty still applies on all the appliances and to me, that is what's important. I could live with or fix any flaws in the fiberglass.
I drove from LA to Sacramento after Christmas to look at a 2009 Bigfoot on this guys lot. He is a very nice guy and legit. We just didn't buy because at that time he only had a the 2009 and a 2007. My friend bougth the 2007 (new) and I didn't like the 2009 config, not much storage, kind of a closed in feeling at the head of the bed. The picture window and skylight were fabulous though! His prices are fair.
Francine
Old 03-07-2009, 04:49 AM   #8

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Thumbs up

Lack of a factory warranty is only one of the problems with buying a "new" Bigfoot RV at this time. Some Bigfoot RVs have turned up with surprising defects that dealers acknowledged, but did not keep promises to correct those defects. These range from electrical problems to lack of blocking in the walls or ceilings. There also were cosmetic defects, which should be easy to spot. Keep in mind that all may not have been well at Bigfoot the last year or so. Pricing is not what it once was either, since the Can$ has gone from parity a year ago to about $1.29 per US dollar now. What was a $30,000 price then is now $23,256, for example. Combine that with the fact that Bigfoot RVs have not moved well at their high MSRPs the last couple of years, at least in the US. Many buyers got substantial discounts well before Bigfoot closed it's doors. In other words, their RVs were overpriced. While there have been some liquidation auctions recently, I suspect some of the Bigfoot RVs advertised might not be new, but repos or units that did not sell at other dealerships. It might be wise to consider every one "used" or previously owned at this point, unless it is exceptional. You might also want to find out exactly where it's been. Unfortunately, some of the Bigfoot dealerships that were popular are now gone, like Camping Country in Fountain, CO and Fred's RV near Portland. Many dealerships that were not so good also closed. You need to ask yourself, how am I going to get my Bigfoot RV fixed, if I buy one? They are not simple or easy to work on.

If you want a Bigfoot, go for it. They are beautiful and solidly built. Just don't pay too much for it! And don't get bamboozled!
Old 03-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #9

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Quote:
i totally agree
Old 03-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #10

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
I hope these get sold soon so I can avoid the temptation. I agree with some of BobB's statements but I wouldn't let lack of dealership support keep me from buying one of these units. Most of the people on this forum have Scamps and Casitas which have never had a dealer network. The fact is, any reputable RV service center can work on fiberglass trailers. The main components are identical to what are used on non-fiberglass trailers. The guys that have worked on my Bigfoot at a local RV dealership have never complained that it is more difficult to work on. If you need serious fiberglass work, there are some excellent boat shops out there that can make it look like new. I agree with Bob that this is the time to look for goods deals on the "new" Bigfoots. But the US Bigfoot dealerships haven't come down all that much yet for the most part. These "repo" units in BC really are excellent prices with plenty of discount to make up for minor defects.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #11

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
this one's gone too.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #12

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All...It was my understanding of the Bigfoot closing that they had to take back all unsold inventory from dealers lots so that's probably where these units came from. Now it's up to the Liquidators to move 'em out!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. "Buyer beware".

Tags
bigfoot