Burro 13-Leander, TX - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #15

Name: April
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Oregon
I wish we were on the road getting this one, but we have not heard anything yet. I noticed they posted the listing around 10pm last night, so maybe they only check thier messages in the evenings?? still trying to stay optimistic on this one. It would actually work out best for us to be able to go up on Friday as there is another event happening in Austin that we were planning to go up for anyway. I would happily drive over there first thing in the morning though, if we could just set something up. I hope we hear from them soon. It's almost 8:30pm now.

I guess I'll just have to keep waiting and hoping!!

If and when I do get my camper, I will be sure to post photos and keep in touch with this group, as I already feel like I have found a new family here. Thanks for all the well wishes and advice in this egg journey!

Old 09-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #16

Oregon
Still waiting on a response....would it be weird to send another message??? or should I just be more patient??

Old 09-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #17

Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Registry
Go for it. Send email something like .
"$900.00 Cash for your Scamp"
Old 09-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #18

Oregon
Ok, sent another message. I was starting to get worried, that if other people were emailing about this, our emails would get pushed down the line, and not noticed. *I feel kinda helpless when the other person does not respond or give a phone number. *They may just be waiting for the weekend to deal with it, or just*have*limited access*to*the*internet.... time sure*does stand still*when you*are waiting*for*something*like*this. Still trying*to stay positive though! Maybe we*will hear something*today?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:41 AM   #19

Oregon
*just got an email saying that somebody already put a down payment on it, and is supposed to pick it up sat. *

So this one is gone....

man what a tease!!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #20

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
just got an email saying that somebody already put a down payment on it, and is supposed to pick it up sat.

So this one is gone....

man what a tease!!
Send 'em an email and tell them that you would like to be second in line. Ask to see if you can come down anyway, "just to look"...That is how I got my Basset hound...I made a 12 hour trip, even though a lady was already coming to meet her. She thought Bessie was too fat... and she was looking at a Bassett!!! Surprisingly, Bessie has perfect weight, and the vet thinks she is the trimmest that he as seen. Needless to say, we were the ones to go home with her that night...she has been my constant companion since.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #21

Oregon
I just*sent*another*email, asking*to*keep us*next*in*line*if*anything*falls*through,*and*we offered them $1000*for it. If*that*doesn't*work,*then it's*a lost cause... still*searching.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #22

Trailer: 81 Perris Pacer / 72 Jeep CJ
Yep, I'd follow up as second in line. You never know. The guy could of left $50 as deposit, get home and have second thoughts and never go back or come up with delays for pick up. It worth a try and if you go, have cash in hand.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #23

Oregon
I sent them one last offer of $1200 that would still be a great deal for us, just*to*save us from driving for 2 days to find a camper. I*don't*know if*anything will*come*of it,*but*I figured it was*worth*a*shot.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #24

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
That is the downside when someone dumps one for a ridiculous price, sometimes they get hammered. Probably a flipper sent an immediate I'll buy it contingent upon inspection email and may have even offered more right away. Won't surprise me if we see it listed again in a couple of weeks for $3000, or up on eBay.
I've seen some of these where they get so buried in the first 12 hours they realize they priced it wrong and re-list it at a much higher price.

Sometimes though you get them, and I don't think you could have moved much quicker. First email in on these must say I'll buy it contingent upon seeing it. Never know, may still end up coming back around to you. Hang in there, there have been a number of these in your area over the last 9 months.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Old 09-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #25

Oregon
I'm hangin'...

I am sure something will come along...
Old 09-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hello,
I was hoping you would get lucky.
I noticed that there is no Burro emblem on the side.
Do you think it might have been painted?
Mitchell
Old 09-18-2008, 09:21 PM   #27

Trailer: 1991 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Hey April,

I hope you can get this Burro, I live 20 min from Leander and seriously thought about buying this camper when I saw the post last night, but I already have a Casita and would rather someone that really needs a camper be able to get a good deal. If you get through to the owner,PM me with contact info, and I can take a look at it for you Friday and be your eyes on this deal and maybe save you some gas and time from Houston. I have looked at Burros before and know what to look out for(rotted wood floor, weak door hinges, leaking windows, frame rust,etc.) and I could shoot you some detailed pics if needed. Good luck.
P.S. I ran across an older 16 Casita(looked mid to late 80's) in the small town of Mertens TX. (outside Hillsboro) last weekend. I hunt in that area and I'm gonna go by there again this weekend to see if it might be up for sale(its sitting in front of a barn). If it is, I will get the contact info for you.

Scott
Old 09-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #28

Oregon
Thanks Scott,*but*they said it was already sold by the time I got through to them. I may have found something in FL. which is a little far, but one long day there, one long day back isn't too bad or expensive in gas money. I posted about it in the "wanted" forum if you are interested in looking at the photos I posted. I won't be able to*get anything*larger*than*a 13ft.*due*to*tow load capacity,*but*thanks*for looking*out!! Everyone here has been*so friendly and helpful,*I*really*do appreciate*finding*this place!!

Quote:
Hey April,

I hope you can get this Burro, I live 20 min from Leander and seriously thought about buying this camper when I saw the post last night, but I already have a Casita and would rather someone that really needs a camper be able to get a good deal. If you get through to the owner,PM me with contact info, and I can take a look at it for you Friday and be your eyes on this deal and maybe save you some gas and time from Houston. I have looked at Burros before and know what to look out for(rotted wood floor, weak door hinges, leaking windows, frame rust,etc.) and I could shoot you some detailed pics if needed. Good luck.
P.S. I ran across an older 16 Casita(looked mid to late 80's) in the small town of Mertens TX. (outside Hillsboro) last weekend. I hunt in that area and I'm gonna go by there again this weekend to see if it might be up for sale(its sitting in front of a barn). If it is, I will get the contact info for you.

Scott

Tags
burro