Burro - Boulder, CO - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-06-2008, 11:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Burro

Could be a good project. If it is a 17 then a very good price point.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Old 10-07-2008, 05:23 AM   #2

Trailer: Tent
Greg, Picture looks like two Burros one in front of the second. Looks like a 13 footer to me.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:35 AM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry

Name:   1f3129133ZZZZZZZZZ8a50650e907732214d7.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  7.7 KB
17'
Old 10-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
It's an older 17 wide body. 13s were never made as wide bodies, and this is most definitely a WB.

I think the black line you see which appears to be a step down between two rigs is something protruding from the left. There also is only one back side window shown, to the rear. If it were two packed together, the side window of the "front" one would be visible. It is not there.

You would also be able to see two sets of wheels at that angle if it where two stacked.

The lister is no doubt using the coach measurement as his basis for calling it a 13.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #5

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Because of the angle he shot the photo at the rear of the door frame looks to be a little higher than the roof line. That makes it look like it is two units.

BTW - If anyone is interested in this unit and wants someone to look at it for them I would be willing to do so since Boulder is just a short drive from where I live. If I didn't already have a FGRV I'd already be looking at it.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:51 AM   #6

Registry
Here is a clearer view of the side of a Sac City 17 footer, including the door and skulpty line on the sides.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sac_17.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	16149

btw, even if in poor condition, the price is excellent. He lists the weight spec for a 13 and does NOT list the other positives, such as the double shell etc.. so I am pretty sure he has not got a good grasp of what he has.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #7

Trailer: 1984 Burro 13 ft
Registry
I'm sure I've seen this photo elsewhere before. With the trailer with a red car on it beside. I'd be cautious.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #8

Registry
a reverse phone # search shows the # as a Boulder # and the owners name is indeed Bill. I got the listing from county building permit lists. Most scammers don't apply for building permits, so it's probably OK.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #9

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Someone snagged this one quick....

Hope it was someone from here..

SOLD
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Old 10-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Someone snagged this one quick....

Hope it was someone from here..

SOLD
With "almost" 8000 members, good chance. If not, a good chance they will "be" a member shortly.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #11

Trailer: Tent
Quote:
Here is a clearer view of the side of a Sac City 17 footer, including the door and skulpty line on the sides.

Attachment 16149

btw, even if in poor condition, the price is excellent. He lists the weight spec for a 13 and does NOT list the other positives, such as the double shell etc.. so I am pretty sure he has not got a good grasp of what he has.
Gina, I thought you were wrong, but then I saw the picture you posted. Wow guess I have never seen a Wide body 17 footer. That looks huge compared to my standard 13 footer. Any idea what the layout looks like, or any inside pictures?

I may just have to upgrade, there was a 17 WB for sale near here over the summer the asking price was $7K.

Thanks for the picture (definately worth a 1000 words)
Old 10-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Any idea what the layout looks like, or any inside pictures
all too well. I own one, and yes, I thought when I switched from 13 footer to the 17 that expanse was so massive that I named mine "The McMansion"

The layout is the same as the 13, only wider, and where your closet is, I have a big wet bath. The closet is across the way, next to the kitchen.. also longer and larger.

The back is intended to be a dinette and quazi RV queen bed, and the front is a small dinette that converts to a gaucho. It is so big that i actually sleep there and leave the back open as a "Living Room".

Go look at the one you know of.. you'll be suprised at how similar the layout is, but because it is so big, how different it is too.

Some of them don't have the bath..and it makes it SO big inside that we have dubbed them the "Dance Hall" edion. It really look like a small studio apt.!

Some interior pics of the Sac City version are Here.

Mine is an Escondido model.. here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails
bigburrofloor.jpg  

Tags
burro