IL Classic Completely Refurbished 1982 Scamp 13' FS 6,500 (Chicago Suburbs) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2015, 06:53 PM   #1

Name: Jason
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
Classic Completely Refurbished 1982 Scamp 13' FS 6,500 (Chicago Suburbs)

My wife and I recently purchased a 13' 1982 Scamp in March to act as our mobile office / vending kiosk for a new business we started operating a mobile mini golf course that travels to fairs and festivals.

After our first event of the season Memorial Day weekend we realized we'd benefit more from converting a box truck or buying a used school bus so we're offering our amazing Scamp for sale.

It arrives completely refurbished with:

- New wheels
- New axle
- New suspension
- New Front and Rear Windows
- New 2" ball hitch
- New hardwood flooring
- New fridge
- New microwave
- New A/C
- New cushions/upholstery/pillows
- New dimming lighting
- New awning
- New brake lights
- Fresh marine grade quality paint

The dinette converts into a full bed and couch converts into 2 bunk beds.

All appliances are electric. The previous owner removed the two burner stove and replaced with a cutting board.

It was fully-inspected by Art's RV in Glen Ellyn, Illinois in April 2015 where we had a hole patched on drivers underside. It has no leaks. We discovered it may require new electrical ground wiring and found that the new suspension may have been mounted 1/4" slightly off but that it does not effect towing or performance.

We purchased this camper fully restored. Since we didn't do any of the restoration, appliance installation or other work to it ourselves its tough to answer many specifics in regards to the craftsmanship or methods of repair/refurbishment but we'll be pleased to supply as many photos as possible and answer as many questions as we can.

We towed it perfectly 6+ hours from Southern Indiana to Chicago and recently and additional 6+ hours over Memorial Day weekend again with no problems at all.

We purchased it on eBay for 5,600.00 and put an additional 900.00 into it so we're hoping to get 6,500.00 to simply recapture what we have invested. We're located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago (approx. 45 minutes outside the city). Please reach out if you're interested in discovering more.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:21 AM   #2

Name: Charity
California
I used to live in Crystal Lake, and my In-laws are still there. where are you located?
Old 06-02-2015, 03:01 PM   #3

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birthchazz View Post
I used to live in Crystal Lake, and my In-laws are still there. where are you located?
We're in Lisle (near Naperville) in the western burbs.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #4

Name: Charity
California
Sent you a PM. Hope we can work out a showing :-)
Old 06-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #5

Name: paulette
Trailer: looking
Illinois
Very interested. Sending pm
Old 06-11-2015, 11:03 AM   #6

Illinois
Sold to Birthchazz on the first day of my posting. Thanks Charity!

Sorry paulitee. Best of luck with your search.

Mods, please lock up the thread.

Tags
scamp