Compact Jr. - $2,400 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2009, 10:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Found this one online but wasn't sure if it was still for sale. Contacted owner who responded quickly. Here's his info:

My C-J is for sale. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT IT?

I am in Fl. but returning to Massachusetts for the spring and summer in the next week to ten days where it is kept in heated garage. We are east of Springfiels ,Mass. not far from Mass PIke.

(I asked about the access doors. His response
This modification was done by original owner whom I bought it from 2 years ago.They were put on each side so that access was much improved over taking apart bench.It also has new AC,New elec.refrig,new microwave...wiring,lights.....I got to use it once and it has been stored in my garage.

The trailer is very nice and road ready.Because of various MD appts. and procedures we couldn't use as planned.It also has new top surround and has full top that raises up.Takes 2" ball and has good tires and mounted spare.There is a sink and outside water supply as well as new wood cabinets.The owner was a master carpenter and licensed electrician.He re-wired and put a new circuit breaker system in. He got cancer before he could use this trailer and sold it to me.I trailed it back from Tenn. to Mass. with no problems and took it on 1 trip to Vermont and back.

I used the AC on and off while it was stored to keep it working well and used the new refrig to keep the seals right.It would be hard to find a CJ in this kind of shape. The leaf springs are original and work OK as long as you do not try to drive 70mph....If you want to drive that fast with an old trailer, you shoul put a newer tyle torsion bar axle on.They are available.That is what I was planning to do.Individual suspension works much better that leaf springs. It also has tool chest mounted to tongue for gear and a new water pan for sink water.

There was never a toilet in this rig. and the stove was taken out by owner.We cook outside in a screen room.It is safer and keeps the trailer from smelling.All the sliding windows and screens work.More pics avail. if you ask.I have had several people ready to buy but wanted me to deliver. That I will not do.If you want it, come get it.2400.00 cash.It is currently licensed with Fl. plates and has a clean Fl.title. If not sold by June, we will take her out for a few weeks.This is not a family sized rig.It sleeps 2 nicely.

mindspring.com]Click here to contact the owner, Jeff Miller, directly via e-mail.

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
Old 03-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
That looks like a nice one- I like how they built in the AC and microwave. I like the tool chest on the tongue, too.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
That looks like a nice one- I like how they built in the AC and microwave. I like the tool chest on the tongue, too.
Yeah...and I'm particularly fond of those outside access doors. It's SUCH a hassle to take the seats apart whenever we need something. (What a whiner, huh?!) But tempting....VERY tempting!

Old 03-11-2009, 12:11 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Ooooooooooo, that is a HONEY of a FGTT! Our Scamp seems to be "Alpha & Omega" ... first & last for us, but as Jen says, tempting ... verrry tempting! Someone will be getting a wonderful rig. L 'n D
Old 03-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #5

Registry
Quote:
Ooooooooooo, that is a HONEY of a FGTT! Our Scamp seems to be "Alpha & Omega" ... first & last for us, but as Jen says, tempting ... verrry tempting! Someone will be getting a wonderful rig. L 'n D
See now, you thought I meant DRive to Mass and Buy the FGTT. OH NO! I meant, making doors like that for mine. THAT'S tempting. After getting this one in trip-ready shape, I'm not ready to go through that again with someone else's alleged "road-ready" rig quite yet.

Plus, I'm not a big A/C and Microwave fan.

Hey, I'm moving up from tent and campfire. I don't ask for much.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:16 AM   #6

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I like the access panels, too. I want to put those in mine (and will before my big post-retirement cross-country trip) but am nervous about doing it so seeing some close up would be nice. I leave the bed up all the time so only have access to the first two feet of dinette storage.