Fiberglass pop-top truck camper by Columbia Yachts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Here's an ad for a fiberglass pop-up truck camper that the seller says is made by Columbia Yachts.

I know Columbia Yachts as a California sailboat builder of the 60s and 70s, who made sailboats for the "common person." In other words, they were affordable. They had some nice designs by some well-known boat designers. Built to a price, but not junky.

The interior of this camper looks a lot like a 1970s boat. In the 1960s most of the boats were "stick built." That is, the hulls and decks were 'glass, but the interiors were built of wood, and tabbed in to the hull and deck. Later, builders realized it was easier to make the interior as a fiberglass molding (and in many cases they became part of the structural support although not always). This camper has an interior that looks a lot like a "liner" boat.

Although you can't tell from the photos whether the shell is molded or is made of fiberglass panels, I would tend to think it's molded. I say that because all of Columbia's fiberglass sailboats were (of course) molded, so it would have been their natural way to go about it.

Link to the Craigslist ad:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...322505469.html

Text:

Fiberglass pop-up truck camper manufactured by Columbia Yacht Corp in Costa Mesa, CA. Has nautical interior and hardware. Has convertible dinette, teak trim, brass, storage cabinets just like in a sailboat. All new interior foam cushions, upholstery & curtains. I have never seen one of these before, its like the inside of a sailboat only fitted out as a truck camper. Has sink, storage for toilet, icebox, storage lockers, room for batteries, etc. Fits any full size truck, short or long bed (too wide for a dually though). Includes camper jacks & accessories. (Does NOT have A/C, flat screen DVD, 3-way refrigerator, wet bath, or slide-out rooms.) Please Email for better pix.

$1500

Posted August 14, 2009
e-mail address: sale-rkh3s-1322505469[at]craigslist.org

Photos:

Name:   Columbia_truck_camper_1.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  34.7 KB

Name:   Columbia_truck_camper_2.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  38.4 KB

Name:   Columbia_truck_camper_3.jpg
Size:  42.1 KB

Name:   Columbia_truck_camper_4.jpg
Size:  46.9 KB
Old 08-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Mods,

I just realized that since this is not a trailer, maybe it doesn't belong in this section.

On the other hand, we have some trailer brands regularly included that aren't "lightweight" so maybe three out of four is okay...

Then too, the forum says "Molded Fiberglass Lightweight RV" and this is an RV so in that respect it does fit.

I guess I'm just not sure.
Raya