Fiberglass truck campers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2007, 05:01 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
Hello everyone.
I just signed up , hoping some of you can help me out...and maybe I can help some of you out...We own a '73 trillium and are very happy with it... after alot of rebuilding.

I was looking for a camper for my pickup and was considering a bigfoot ,Northern lite, etc. Just around Christmas, I saw a frp camper in the Autotrader called a "featherlite". It was sold before I could see it.Apparently it was made by pleasure products. Anyone out there seen one of these or one like it ? I cannot find any info on this other than the photo in autotrader. I will try and dig up one of the pics I have downloaded and attach...as soon as I can find it again...
From what I could tell from the photos , it was a much nicer form than the present bigfoot, etc. (would have been great with the trillium..)

Hope to hear from some of you soon ..
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2007, 07:48 PM   #2

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
These are made about 10 miles from my house but very pricey www.roamerrv.com Very Very well designed and crafted, lots of experienced fiberglass workers in the area because of many boat builder mfg companies
Old 01-09-2007, 10:25 AM   #3

Thanks for that . It doesn`t seem like thier website is working,at least not right now, so I`ll have to check them out later. The boat builder approach makes alot of sense.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:40 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Thanks for that . It doesn`t seem like thier website is working,at least not right now, so I`ll have to check them out later. The boat builder approach makes alot of sense.

hummm, works for me. The opening page has a "click to enter" link.....
Old 01-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
It worked for me. Very nice units!
AW
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Old 01-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #6

Quote:
hummm, works for me. The opening page has a "click to enter" link.....

It came to life the next time I tried. They are indeed nice , but not exactly what I was looking at...maybe an older model?...

I just came back from the boat show here. I wonder why more manufactures in that industry don`t get involved with travel rvs. Many are in Indiana and Florida.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I looked at a couple of these at the Tampa RV show in 2004 and they are very nice, albeit expensive -- One thing I didn't like was that they weren't very well ventilated, esp considering they might be used far from hookups.

I also had the opportunity to see one of these:

http://www.tischer.ch/cgi/newsShowAll_eng.cgi

on a Nissan diesel pickup with a German couple inside touring the US and Canada. Lots of Euro parts on it, like a roof hatch tippable in four directions, windows/screens that slid totally down inside the walls for full ventilation, etc.

When I was last traveling around the Maritimes, I noticed that a lot of utility and delivery companies were using molded FG tool bodies on the small pickup trucks -- No cabover, but looked like they could easily be converted to a simple camper.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:16 PM   #8

Quote:
I looked at a couple of these at the Tampa RV show in 2004 and they are very nice, albeit expensive -- One thing I didn't like was that they weren't very well ventilated, esp considering they might be used far from hookups.

I also had the opportunity to see one of these:

http://www.tischer.ch/cgi/newsShowAll_eng.cgi

on a Nissan diesel pickup with a German couple inside touring the US and Canada. Lots of Euro parts on it, like a roof hatch tippable in four directions, windows/screens that slid totally down inside the walls for full ventilation, etc.

When I was last traveling around the Maritimes, I noticed that a lot of utility and delivery companies were using molded FG tool bodies on the small pickup trucks -- No cabover, but looked like they could easily be converted to a simple camper.
Thanks for the link ..European rv`s are very cool indeed. I don`t have any any links on hand, but there are some very nice units out of the Netherlands and Austrlia as well.I think the frp units you saw may have been "space caps" by Fibrobec I believe, and I`m surprised they don`t make an RV version....still to find a double of the one I show a pic of though...
Old 01-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #9

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Hi Phil, I remember seeing these being made in the mid 70's.

They were one of the earliest ventures in the Cobourg Industrial Park that was created from the old Armed Forces Depot. If I remember correctly the building they occupied was near the north east end of the complex.

They seemed to be of similar quality to the Trillium Trailers, and the Northern Lite. In that time period all of the Truck Campers were square stick builts with aluminum siding, so that made these a real "Cadillac" in their class.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Hi Phil, I remember seeing these being made in the mid 70's.

They were one of the earliest ventures in the Cobourg Industrial Park that was created from the old Armed Forces Depot. If I remember correctly the building they occupied was near the north east end of the complex.

They seemed to be of similar quality to the Trillium Trailers, and the Northern Lite. In that time period all of the Truck Campers were square stick builts with aluminum siding, so that made these a real "Cadillac" in their class.

Thanks Charlie
Looks like you are located not far from myself.What I really liked about this camper is that it looked like it was designed by the same people working on the Trillium...such a shame they are no longer made here in Ontario.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:15 PM   #11

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Hi Phil, it has been quite a few years since either one were made. The Canadian banking industry screwed up a lot of good small business ventures!!!

In the very early 80's a lot of the Canadian banks who held notes against Trillium and several other companies in the RV business decided that the future of the RV market was in trouble, so they called back a lot of those notes on extremely short notice, forcing them into immediate bankruptcy.

I know of at least 2 companies who had their note called with a 24 hour window at 2 o'clock in the afternoon on a Friday, essentially saying we are shutting you down now!.

By the way, you might want to plan on the Ontario Bolerama "Retro Rally" coming up in July. It is very laid back and a fun time!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:07 AM   #12

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Hello everyone.
I just signed up , hoping some of you can help me out...and maybe I can help some of you out...We own a '73 trillium and are very happy with it... after alot of rebuilding.

I was looking for a camper for my pickup and was considering a bigfoot ,Northern lite, etc. Just around Christmas, I saw a frp camper in the Autotrader called a "featherlite". It was sold before I could see it.Apparently it was made by pleasure products. Anyone out there seen one of these or one like it ? I cannot find any info on this other than the photo in autotrader. I will try and dig up one of the pics I have downloaded and attach...as soon as I can find it again...
From what I could tell from the photos , it was a much nicer form than the present bigfoot, etc. (would have been great with the trillium..)

Hope to hear from some of you soon ..
give these folks a try they are a club for truck campers alot of good info WWW.NATCOA.COM
Old 02-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #13

Quote:
give these folks a try they are a club for truck campers alot of good info WWW.NATCOA.COM

I checked out that link. Looks like a good place fro my quest...
Thanks Dan.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Hi Phil, it has been quite a few years since either one were made. The Canadian banking industry screwed up a lot of good small business ventures!!!

In the very early 80's a lot of the Canadian banks who held notes against Trillium and several other companies in the RV business decided that the future of the RV market was in trouble, so they called back a lot of those notes on extremely short notice, forcing them into immediate bankruptcy.

I know of at least 2 companies who had their note called with a 24 hour window at 2 o'clock in the afternoon on a Friday, essentially saying we are shutting you down now!.

By the way, you might want to plan on the Ontario Bolerama "Retro Rally" coming up in July. It is very laid back and a fun time!

Hi Charlie

You seem to have rather in depth knowlege of the plight of the rv industry. Have you been involved in it yourself? Thanks for the insight. I was curious why they disappeared ..(I suppose this is the same fate of the Boler?) I wonder who the BC company is doing with the"outback". (I assume you know the trillium is being built out of BC now). They seemed a little pricey compared to the more "contemporary" rv units but still competive to Thor Industries Teardrop...Can`t remember what they called them..
The Camper that I have the pic of...I haven`t been able to dig up any info thus far.. Do you know of many...or any around?