BC FOR SALE 13' Boler in Coquitlam, BC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #1

Name: Gina, Clayton and Otis & Lena(woof!)
Trailer: 19' 1977 BIGGAR
British Columbia
Registry
FOR SALE 13' Boler in Coquitlam, BC - with pictures

Hello,

I had a Boler sighting on my way to work the other day and decided to check it out this am! I met the owner Gordon Caves - great guy! His number is 604 521 9655. It's in good shape, no leaks - it's been sitting on his lawn and with the weather we've had inside was dry. It's definitely worth a look, has bunk beds and dinette/bed, sink, ice box, new tires, cushions and covers in good shape. You wouldn't believe the asking price!!

Call him and good luck, I told him I belong to a forum and there's plenty of interest for a 13' Boler.

I've pass on this info to Kristykru and WildBirder as well as they are looking for a Boler 13'. Hope to see it join our next gathering in 2012! woohoo!

Gina
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0139.jpg   IMAG0140.jpg  

IMAG0141.jpg   IMAG0142.jpg  

IMAG0143.jpg   IMAG0144.jpg  

IMAG0145.jpg  
Canada
Old 10-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thanks for posting it! I called, and was told the asking price is $4000. Forgot to ask, but probably Canadian Dollar. I couldn't easily learn more about the condition of the floor over the phone. I'm in Seattle next week, but I'll pass on this one.

Holger
Old 10-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #3

British Columbia
Registry
Hi Holger,

Yes, it would be CDN$ I should have taken more interior pictures but was just using my phone and was on my way to work Goodluck on your search! Hope you find one soon and make it to the EggNOG(Northern Oregon Gathering) Meet April 26-29 at Nehalem Bay State Park.

Here's the link http://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/...ng-spring-nog/ Check it out! Also on the event Calendar.

We've already booked our camp site and its filling up fast! We cant wait to go, we bought our Boler just over a month ago. We attended Nor-West Fiberglass Egg Meet (see their Facebook Page) the week after we got it! It was a fantastic experience, we learned so much and made great connections.

Gina
Canada
Old 10-13-2011, 09:33 PM   #4

Thanks, Gina. I'm working on it. Last weekend my daughter and I stopped by the Oregon meet, unfortunately missed most of the peeps as we came a little late. But everybody was so welcoming and super nice to us, even though we're still egg-less. I'm not sure I can make the April meet - there's an annual hang gliding meet at the same time that I'd like to go to.

Love your alias! haha

Holger
Old 10-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #5

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
More pics

I swung buy and looked at the trailer today. As it was out in the open I figured it would be ok to do on my own. Here are some pics of some of the blemishes. Please note that this is the bad, the little guy had a lot of good too! I looked under neath and the plywood and frame were in good condition. The interior looked clean(ish) but the esolite had a lot of spacing between sheets with no taping anywhere and was curling back in places. Crack in the shell had been sealed with a caulk or something. Same stuff around the windows.

So, great little trailer but does need a little work if you like it pretty.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0290.jpg   IMG_0292.jpg  

Old 10-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #6

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holger View Post
Thanks, Gina. I'm working on it. Last weekend my daughter and I stopped by the Oregon meet, unfortunately missed most of the peeps as we came a little late. But everybody was so welcoming and super nice to us, even though we're still egg-less. I'm not sure I can make the April meet - there's an annual hang gliding meet at the same time that I'd like to go to.

Love your alias! haha

Holger

Hang gliding meet sounds exciting! We will be extending our trip in April and head down to California but only as far as San Francisco. We will be visiting family and friends along the way. It will be our first long haul trip in the Boler.
Glad you found my alias amusing, my husband kept saying when I chose it that nobody is going to get it. It has a double meaning too...of course bluffer/bull$hitter (really, its under control ) and its a Spanish dance created in 1780, and I happen to own a 17" 1980 Boler hence the alias. I think it's cool, hubby says I'm embarrassing myself right now.. I told him he's the best!<_< haha!
Canada
Old 10-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #7

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBirder View Post
I swung buy and looked at the trailer today. As it was out in the open I figured it would be ok to do on my own. Here are some pics of some of the blemishes. Please note that this is the bad, the little guy had a lot of good too! I looked under neath and the plywood and frame were in good condition. The interior looked clean(ish) but the esolite had a lot of spacing between sheets with no taping anywhere and was curling back in places. Crack in the shell had been sealed with a caulk or something. Same stuff around the windows.

So, great little trailer but does need a little work if you like it pretty.
We looked at quite a few before buying ours just over a month ago. I saw a 13'Trillium in Coquitlam, owner had it stored at her daughter's house. Asking was $5200 but has been updated, saw it on Craigslist. We found it too small for our needs plus my husband is 6'2". Have you seen that one? I may still have her contact info somewhere.

Also, this from Craigslist:
Trillium RV - $5000 (North Vancouver)

Date: 2011-10-05, 9:33PM PDT
Reply to: sale-q8put-2635071189@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
1970's classic Trillium trailer for sale. Great condition, clean, sleeps 5, kitchenette, heater, stove, table, etc. Ready to use. Must see. This will sell quickly.
Call John (604) 908-1354

Gina
Canada
Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolero1780 View Post
Hang gliding meet sounds exciting! We will be extending our trip in April and head down to California but only as far as San Francisco. We will be visiting family and friends along the way. It will be our first long haul trip in the Boler.
Glad you found my alias amusing, my husband kept saying when I chose it that nobody is going to get it. It has a double meaning too...of course bluffer/bull$hitter (really, its under control ) and its a Spanish dance created in 1780, and I happen to own a 17" 1980 Boler hence the alias. I think it's cool, hubby says I'm embarrassing myself right now.. I told him he's the best!<_< haha!
Of course I got your username! Uh, I should say I almost got parts of it. . The Bolero part I associated with Ravel's Bolero (the piece that makes you run to the radio constantly to turn down the volume as it starts real quiet and goes into this 5 min crescendo). The number - maybe her weight? I mean her trailer's weight! Got that wrong, I see.

There was yet another Boler in BC advertised. On some island near Vancouver. Started with "Salt...", the island's name. That one was $3500 and gutted. The more I look at those trailers the more I'm tempted to restore one. My wife would kill me if she discovered another one of, what she calls, "carcasses." Her terminology is really misleading though. Some projects take a little longer, like airplanes, and sometimes you have to wait to have parts shipped, and the few years they're sitting on our property doesn't mean it's a carcass! Anyway, that Boler on the Salt... island looked pretty good I thought.

You'll have great fun on your trip down the coast! I'm jealous already.

Holger
Old 10-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #9

British Columbia
Registry
Well there you go, I did not associate my alias to Ravel's Bolero. I guess I may have tuned it out but I do like the original version! My husband and I got a huge laugh from your weight comment..then there was a slight pause..and a quick run to the bathroom scale just to check...nope. You will be tempted to restore any Boler or Egg you end up purchasing. This wont help..see vintagetrailer.com: The Leading Trailers Site on the Net My wishlist is huge, its being added to my Christmas list. Of course my husband does not appreciate the fact that most on that list means work for him! CARCASSES...airplanes..oh boy, just move it around some so it looks like they are moving on and leaving your property. It'll give the wife hope
GO AND GET THE BOLER, weekends are for projects!

Gina
Canada
Old 10-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #10

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
[QUOTE=WildBirder;273371 Crack in the shell had been sealed with a caulk or something. Same stuff around the windows.

So, great little trailer but does need a little work if you like it pretty.[/QUOTE]

The stuff around the windows is butyl tape - its used or should be ;-) used for mounting windows on all the trailers you look at.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:16 PM   #11

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
The stuff around the windows is butyl tape - its used or should be ;-) used for mounting windows on all the trailers you look at.
Should be Butle tap, but wasn't. He definitely used some sort of caulking. as it was just around the top edge of every window, cracks in the shell were filled with the same stuff.

On that note I noticed the window frames looked riveted on. Will look in repair section to see how people are remounting windows after re-butling.

Cheers,
mark
Old 01-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #12

Name: B
Trailer: Shopping
British Columbia
I also posted in the other topic you had, but incase you didnt see it, what are the chances this was still available ? You said you drove by, I didnt want to bother a person that may have already sold their item.

Thanks
Brad
Old 01-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #13

British Columbia
Registry
Sorry couldn't tell you, but you could message bolero1780 directly and ask if she still sees it on her way to work.

Good luck

Tags
boler