FOUND- Need Trailer for Tall Guy in Calgary, AB - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1700RGH 1978
My husband and I are looking to purchase a fiber glass trailer. We need a light trailer (under 3000lbs) so we can pull it with our vehicle and he is 6'4" and he would like to be able to stand up in it (so a boler 1300 is out of the question). It would be nice if it would sleep 4 and have a bathroom.

We are willing to look at trailers in any condition, and we would be willing to travel a bit (even down in to the states if necessary) to pick it up if it worked!

We would ideally like to purchase something below $5000, but if we found something that was already fixed up or newer so still in good condition, we would be willing to go up to $7000.

Thanks!!!
Lisa
Old 04-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Hi Lisa,

Of all the older eggs in your price range, I am not aware of any that would fit a 6-4 guy without stooping a bit. My brother is that height and has been searching throughout the Calgary area too.

Maybe save your pennies and get an Escape 19, that would fit the bill.

Others have some ideas too. I have not been in a Casita or Burro, maybe they would do, but you don't see many of them for sale around here.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #3

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
You might see if a Bigfoot 17' would work for you, but I'm not sure about the weight. I think the older ones were lighter than the newer models. Anyway, our old '89 Bigfoot was under your weight requirement and we pulled it with a Toyota Sienna minivan with a 3500 pound towing capacity. The 17'allowed enough headroom for my husband, who is 6'3". We can relate because most of the trailers are too short for him. Good luck!

Maureen

Old 04-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Well a Casita won't work!

I have been in an EggCamper and that would be tall enough. If you pm Orlen Wolf he and his wife have one and he can tell you all about it. ( I know last time I talked to him, he was going to be outta town for a few weeks, and I don't think Carolyn gets on the forum much, but I am sure he would be glad to tell you all about it when he gets back. ) Good Luck! Robin
Old 04-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot
Quote:
My husband and I are looking to purchase a fiber glass trailer. We need a light trailer (under 3000lbs) so we can pull it with our vehicle and he is 6'4" and he would like to be able to stand up in it (so a boler 1300 is out of the question). It would be nice if it would sleep 4 and have a bathroom.

We are willing to look at trailers in any condition, and we would be willing to travel a bit (even down in to the states if necessary) to pick it up if it worked!

We would ideally like to purchase something below $5000, but if we found something that was already fixed up or newer so still in good condition, we would be willing to go up to $7000.

Thanks!!!
Lisa
Hi Lisa,

I have just posted a Bigfoot B17 with a toilet that should be able to handle a big guy like that. Let me know if you atre interested. I think that the bigfoot is the only fiberglass that may be big enough for him. The wieght of mine is 1875 and I am in Calgary Thanks
Clint
Coxclint[at]hotmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
P1030204.jpg   P1030211.jpg  

Old 04-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 4500
I just posted my Trillium 5500 for sale, It's 6'3" interior height, 1800 lbs empty, 3000 lbs gross weight.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #7

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Hi Lisa! I'm 6'5" so I can relate! Tell your hubby that the interior height isn't really as much of an issue as bed length. Right now, the only trailers that come in under your specs with adequate bed length for him will be a Burro 17' wide body (no longer manufactured) and the EggCamper. Unfortunately there are very few EggCampers on the used market, and those that are are out of your price range. Look for a Burro 17.

I currently have a Bigfoot 25' rear queen with an 80" mattress in it that I love, but at 5300 lbs dry, it's heavier than you're looking for. Neither the Bigfoot 17 nor any of the other 'regular' egg trailers will have beds long enough to be comfortable for him (except one Casita 17 floorplan).

I had a burro 17 several years ago and enjoyed it. I'd buy an EggCamper in a heartbeat if I had the same towing requirements you have.

Roger
Old 05-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 1700RGH 1978
Thanks all for your input! We just bought a boler 17. It is 6'3.5" inside so his hair just scrapes by the top of the trailer and the bed isn't quite long enough with the hampers on either side, but we are going to lift it up above the hampers and problem solved! I'm looking forward to camping this summer! We already have a spot reserved at bow valley campground for the may long weekend!