FOUND - Wanted 13 Uhaul/Burro SoCal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul CT13
Hello All

Looking for a 13ft Uhaul or Burro in the Southern California area. Will travel for the right trailer within reason. Dont need a show queen and one with some fixin needed would be great. I love to tinker. Let me know if anyone has anything. Thank you for your time.

Caleb
kidishi[at]gmail.com
Old 05-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #2

Trailer: 1970 Campster
Caleb-

Check Craigslist several times a day on a regular basis. As soon as someone posts a fiberglass trailer for sale it's usually scooped up pretty quickly. . . especially the closer we get to summer. Also, figure out how far you are willing to drive to inspect and tow a trailer home. I drove 4 hours to get mine and searched for almost 1.5 years for a trailer that would meet my needs (fit in the garage!) You may have to expand your search well beyond your area. There have been a few government auctions at Camp Pendeleton for Scamps and Casitas that were posted here a couple of times over the last 2 or 3 months. These trailers tend to need a lot of work since they were part of a rental pool. If you persevere you will find a trailer. . . but it may take time and dedication to the cause.

Good luck in your quest!
Lisa
Old 05-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #3

Hi Lisa

Thank you for the advice and wisdom! I do find myself checking craigslist often. I am willing to drive a fair bit as I would if I were towing a trailer What sort of search titles to you use on c-list? Thanks again for your time. What did you end up getting?

caleb
Old 05-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Check out this great topic on searching to buy a trailer... click here: The Official "Search Tips" Thread, Posted by Request. That should be a good start to get you goin'
Old 05-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Here is a UHaul that was posted today: http://www.uhaulcamper.com/forum/viewtopic...?f=16&t=666

It is a long drive but a good price.

CindyL
Old 05-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #6

Trailer: 1970 Campster
Quote:
What sort of search titles to you use on c-list? Thanks again for your time. What did you end up getting?
Check out the link Donna posted. It has lots of useful information about how to search for a used trailer.

When I was looking for a FGRV I searched using the brands of trailers that I had "ruled in" or put "fiberglass trailer" in the search engine. I checked Craigslist in all the counties south of the bay area, Nevada, and Arizona and, of course, the listings on this website. I too live in SoCal and ended up buying a Trailswest Campster that I found in a small town near the entrance to Sequoia National Park. It was a 4.5 hour drive but I got exactly what would work for my living situation.

If you are the first person to call on a listing, you might try to get the owner to start a list of interested parties in the order they call and ask them to set appointments to view the trailer. Even though I was the first one to call on a trailer 45 miles away the owner would not allow me to see it until the weekend. I had cash in hand and was 10 miles away when he called me on my cell phone to inform me that someone gotten to his house at 8:00 AM and bought it out from under me. It was 8:45 AM when he called me. These trailers are in great demand and it can get highly competitive if the trailer is in reasonably good shape. I told the fellow that I eventually bought my Campster from this story and he agreed to allow me to have the first viewing of his trailer knowing that I had a very long drive to make to get there to see it. I demonstrated my level of committment to the sale via phone conversations and emails we exchanged during the week. While I was at his home several of the other interested parties kept calling to see whether or not I purchased the trailer and they were willing to drive up immediately to buy the thing. I was fortunate enough to have found someone who did not feel the urge to "take the money and run" with the first person who could put cash in his hand. Many of these FGRV owners like to know their trailer is going to a "good home" much like people who are forced to give a cherished pet away. We FGRV folks have put a lot of work into these trailers and it is always nice when this is recognized by others. If you approach sellers with this sensitivity, you may not only buy a trailer but make a friend as well. I'm still in contact with the couple I bought my trailer from and plan on showcasing my restoration project to them as soon as I can.

If you need a trailer that you can store in your garage, study the Albums on the homepage of this website. Pay specific attention to those models that have a pop-top. Those trailer have a lower profile and fit more easily into a garage. My garage is lower than most so I still need to take the air out of the tires and remove the tension bars across the garage door to roll the trailer inside. . . but it works for me. I store the trailer on jacks so the tires aren't damaged. Compact, Compact Jr., Hunter, and Family Wagon come to mind but there are others in this family of trailers in the Album, too.

Happy hunting!
Lisa
Old 05-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We are looking to sell our 1988 13 foot Lil Bigfoot. We live in Idaho, Boise. If you are interested in seeing picture or want more information let me know.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #8

Thank you to all that helped with our search. We purchased a very nice Uhaul trailer and love it. There are some things that need to be replaced on it but structurally it is very sound and well taken care of. Here is a pic. Thanks again and looking forward to everyones input in the future.

Caleb and Meghan
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0990.JPG  
Old 05-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #9

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Sweet! Congrats! Enjoy!

So how long had you two been looking for a trailer? Cause it seems like you found your perfect trailer pretty quick which is wonderful. Again, Congrats! Robin
Old 05-17-2009, 11:39 AM   #10

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Caleb and Meghan:

Welcome to the Uhaul family. We hope you like yours as much as we like ours. There is a forum for UHauls too. It has a small group of UHaul owners who share pix, problems, and pleasures. Come on over there too: www.uhaulcamper.com. Some of us are in both places, some not.

CindyL
Old 05-18-2009, 12:14 AM   #11

Yes we found our trailer pretty quickly. I see they do not come up for sale that often and I am glad we were looking at the right time!

Caleb

Tags
burro, u-haul, uhaul