WA How to pay the price? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV


 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RB and Bigfoot 21RB
British Columbia
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
One could request payment in young blondes, Whatchagonnado.


Oh good. A whole buncha light haired Golden Lab puppies!
__________________

__________________
BCDave is offline  
Old 06-13-2012, 11:48 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDave View Post
Oh good. A whole buncha light haired Golden Lab puppies!
LOL if someone tries to sell you a Golden Lab Puppy Dave - RUN - ITS A FAKE! There is no such thing! There are Yellow labs though
__________________

Carol H is offline  
Old 06-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Name: lee
Trailer: trailswest campsterl, 1996 Scamp 16 foot
Idaho
Posts: 409
payment for trailer

I am suggesting that the transaction can be handled by a wire transfer from the purchasers bank to your bank. It is a relatively simple transaction and you just don't hand over signed documents until you verify that the money is in your account. Only hangup is usually the "wire" shuts down around two o'clock so your transaction is best done in the morning. Per my posts on this sight I purchased an 18 foot Trillium in Canada for which the seller wanted cash and I was extremely uncomfortable traveling for two days with $6,500.00 cash. Using a wire transfer allows your purchaser to not be concerned about traveling with cash and you don't have to worry about your receipt of funds. Lee
__________________
Lee Senn is offline  
Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #32
Junior Member
 
Name: Mary Ann
Trailer: in the market
Washington
Posts: 3
I haven't read all of the above details but I might be interested to look at it. Your's is about the closest I've seen. We have been looking for something about $4,000. Maybe we'd go the 6. We'd have to check weight. We only have a 4 cylinder Toyota.
__________________
Mojo is offline  
Old 06-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Name: george
Trailer: FunFinder
Missouri
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
RE: Travellers Checks?
To quote the G' kids: "Soooo 20th Century"
I wouldn't know how to tell a fake travellers check from a real one, Ben Franklins are risky enough, but never a Travellers check.
Since the advent of ATM's, most businesses in Europe no longer accept them either.
LOL ! yep....that's ME Bob ......"sooo 20th century"
And I will admit I never use travelers checks anymore. Heck I didn't even know whether you can still get them. However I just googled it, and yes indeed we can still get them. And while some businesses might not take them, I would think that the sellers bank would have no problem with them.
It's just that some people are not comfortable carrying a lot of cash, and that's understandable.
__________________
gmw photos is offline  
Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Ed Harris's Avatar
 
Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
One could request payment in young blondes, but even blondes can be faked (peroxide). Whatchagonnado.
Mike that seems a little short sighted to me?

Young can be faked too!
__________________
Ed Harris is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Name: David
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
California
Posts: 215
Yes, many of you are 20th Century, or before. Electronic banking has come a long way. Check with your bank...or get a new bank.
I recently bought a nice Chevy from an old lady, paid her with a personal check, and drove her to her own bank to cash it. No phone call was needed. Her bank clerk said with computers linked as they are, when the money was deposited in the lady's account, it was removed from mine. It was instant, and final. I have a Credit Union, I don't know if that made any difference, or if these specific banks had any arrangements. "The times, they are a changin' " Hate mail to the usual address !
David in Fresno and Sonora

_______________________< O >____________________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw photos View Post
LOL ! yep....that's ME Bob ......"sooo 20th century"
And I will admit I never use travelers checks anymore. Heck I didn't even know whether you can still get them. However I just googled it, and yes indeed we can still get them. And while some businesses might not take them, I would think that the sellers bank would have no problem with them.
It's just that some people are not comfortable carrying a lot of cash, and that's understandable.
__________________
DavidG is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Bruce H's Avatar
 
Name: Bruce
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft RQ
Missouri
Posts: 398
Frustration. I logged in I spent 20 minutes writing a response about how to safely do these large transactions, failed to copy it to my computer before I hit submit reply. The site had timed me out and wanted me to log in again. Lost my work. This has happened to me before.
__________________
Bruce H is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Name: george
Trailer: FunFinder
Missouri
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
Frustration. I logged in I spent 20 minutes writing a response about how to safely do these large transactions, failed to copy it to my computer before I hit submit reply. The site had timed me out and wanted me to log in again. Lost my work. This has happened to me before.
Ha ! ....yep it's happened to my too Bruce ! I need to learn to type faster !
__________________
gmw photos is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
MinnesotaJill's Avatar
 
Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Posts: 105
Registry
I just bought my used egge (I live in Minnesota, the egg lives in Florida) and I had my bank wire the money to the sellers account. Worked slick.
Jill
__________________
MinnesotaJill is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #39
Junior Member
 
Name: Ray
Trailer: In the market
Texas
Posts: 22
Talking

Talk about a long thread... The questions I have are - is the unit for sale, how much and can you post lots of pretty pictures?

Ray
__________________
Ray in texas is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,912
There is no unit.... This was just about ways to pay on a long distance purchase.
FWIW: We just sold out SCAMP. The buyer was 400 miles away. I had them send a $500 deposit via PayPal, had the money in my account in 15 minutes. Pulled 1/2 the cash out at an ATM 1 hour later., the rest the next day. When they arrived three days later we went to a branch of their bank and they drew out the cash. Walked across the parking lot to our bank, swapped the cash for the title and put the cash in our bank. Deal Done.....
__________________
Bob Miller is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
MinnesotaJill's Avatar
 
Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Posts: 105
Registry
Wired funds purchase

We wired the money directly into the seller's bank account and then drove over 1,000 miles from Minnesota to Louisiana to meet him and get the camper and the title. Caveat ... there were tons of emails and phone calls prior to this transaction to make sure this was a legit deal. I had more info on the seller than a normal person should have about anybody because he was so open, so I had no concerns. Plus, the original "deal" was consumated via Ebay, which includes a buyer protection factor. The cost for me to wire the funds was covered by reward points at my local credit union. We just got back Sunday after picking up the camper and spending 4 days camping from Louisiana to Minnesota. Wonderful!!!!
__________________
MinnesotaJill is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Name: george
Trailer: FunFinder
Missouri
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaJill View Post
We wired the money directly into the seller's bank account and then drove over 1,000 miles from Minnesota to Louisiana to meet him and get the camper and the title. Caveat ... there were tons of emails and phone calls prior to this transaction to make sure this was a legit deal. I had more info on the seller than a normal person should have about anybody because he was so open, so I had no concerns. Plus, the original "deal" was consumated via Ebay, which includes a buyer protection factor. The cost for me to wire the funds was covered by reward points at my local credit union. We just got back Sunday after picking up the camper and spending 4 days camping from Louisiana to Minnesota. Wonderful!!!!
....well yes, that's all fine and good....but we still wanna see PICTURES !!
Congrats on the camper, and glad to hear you survived the crazy hot weather. I'm ready for autumn......
__________________

__________________
gmw photos is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much do you pay to license your egg? Roger C H Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 19 10-26-2010 03:08 PM
Negotiations for a Pay Raise Frederick L. Simson Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 0 04-18-2009 03:28 PM
Hmmm, what to pay for a Bigfoot? Aaron Cohen General Chat 9 11-22-2008 10:53 AM
GONE - pay it forward to a new home Graeme Classified Archives 2 08-11-2008 07:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.