K-Line Fiberglass RV - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-06-2009, 01:54 AM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Ventura
It's sure been a long time since I have been on here. I spotted an RV with a different name. I spotted it on www.usednanaimo.com. I am anxious to hear responses from others.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #2

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
We've just recently had a couple of threads on a K-line camper that could probably be turned up in a search. There was one for sale (had a thread), and then the fellow who bought it and made a road trip to pick it up also had a thread on it.

I don't know if they made more than one model, but the one he bought looks like a Campster-type but the top opens from one end and makes a wedge shape when it's up -- like a VW Westfalia bus top.

Edited to add:

Here is a link to the ad; this one looks more like a typical Campster:

Click image for larger version

Name:	kline.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	24893

http://www.usednanaimo.com/classified-ad/10522840

Raya
Old 11-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #3

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
Hi Bonnie,

It is exciting to find another fiberglass anything, I have seen these although they are rare as hens teeth, another member just picked one up recently...It does not have the corrugations of my Astro molded into the the roof or the pop top, also missing the molded rain lip in the pop top roof, they are identical to the Campster, body wise is it identical to the Campster bodies (and others) but not like the Campster frames and has different windows from the majority of the Campsters too, ( I have seen one square window Campster) but identical to the Astro. The plant is the same for both. The K-Line is listed as a different plant as is the Hunters.

There is a story behind these guys, I can feel it, I have been trying to trace out of California any facts but the trail went dead after a bankruptcy at the plant and turning the plant into a dry cleaning mill...Curiously under the same owners...Go figure a stinky fiberglass trailer plant would make an undisputed place to put a dry cleaner plant in those years...I got an old aerial photo somewhere with these bodies sitting in different sections of the yard outside in clusters...Since they are basically one model I imagine (absolutely no proof have I) that the only reason the same model might be grouped like that was the bodies were for different customers. Also from the air only one frame can be made out...The completed trailers are just on one side of the yard 8 of them, far fewer than the number of bodies total.

This morning have been digging for that photo...

Cheers

Harry
Old 11-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #4

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Harry,
Why not send a quick email to Matt H., the young videographer, who's been traveling the country to produce a documentary/history of the molded GLASS EGGS.

bolerdoc[at]gmail.com

I know he's gotten info on my Hunter produced Compact II and just might have this "K" model Campster. I have never seen one or at least didn't look that closely at the windows of all the Hunter's and Trails West trailers I've seen. It is interesting how California seemed to produce such a wealth of the little Hunter type trailers...kind of like an artist with their LIMITED EDITIONS. It would be nice if Matt can find out how many of each trailer model were ever produced. Most of these companies shut within a year or two.
The picture on this one has the straight push up pop-top. I haven't seen a picture of the slanted pop-open top...although I've seen them on the Westphalia vans and the cuter-than-cute retro VIXEN van. In fact, I thouht the Vixen was so nifty, I almost gave up my Glass EGG to become a conversion van lady...
Barbara