NO LONGER AVAILABLE - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 74 Amerigo
We have only used it twice in the last four years, and now have a dog at the U of M for treatment and figured it is time to part with it.

It is a 14' fiberglass 1974 Amerigo Travel Trailer. It is nice and light, I think 3500lbs wet, our 92 Chevy Astro pulled it with ease. It has a gas oven, gas/electric fridge, sink, table turns into a double bed, front bench turns into a single bed, small closet, no bathroom. Tires are in great shape, and has a fullsized spare that is brand new. It has no A/C or heater. Has cabinets above the kitchen table. We have used the oven and it works good, and have used the fridge on the electric mode.

The trailer is not perfect by any means, but still does its job well and is nice to have on those rainey days. Previous owner said he had the trailer brakes replaced just before we purchased it. He also put some silicone around one window as it had leaked at one time. The access panel behind the fridge on the outside has been missing since the last owner, it should have something to cover it up. The third brake light in the back is missing the cover. It badly needs to be washed and waxed.

Don't want to sell, but our dog is more important than the camper. We are located in Brooklyn Park.
Attached Thumbnails
1_11_08_001s.JPG   1_11_08_004s.JPG  

1_11_08_009s.JPG  
Old 01-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
It has a gas oven...
It has no ... heater.
We have used the oven and it works good
Actually, your trailer does have a heater.
Just like my Fiber Stream, you have a Duette Combination Range AND Heater, which has a built-in blower motor, and uses the oven as a heater.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Actually, your trailer does have a heater.
Just like my Fiber Stream, you have a Duette Combination Range AND Heater, which has a built-in blower motor, and uses the oven as a heater.
Doh! My wife would have liked to have used it on one of our trips! Unfortunatly we did not know that.

thanks
Old 01-11-2008, 09:48 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Don't ever let her read this thread. Mum is definitely the word.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #5

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
to you for giving up such a precious item for the love and loyalty you have for your dog.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #6

Quote:
to you for giving up such a precious item for the love and loyalty you have for your dog.
Thank you for the kind words. I just can not see us without her, and her odds of a close to normal life is 90%, so there is no way I could let her go. I can get another camper, it will just have to wait for a while , but I can not get another foxy (my Rat Terrior). This is a pic of her in the Amerigo on our last trip.
Attached Thumbnails
foxy.JPG  
Old 01-13-2008, 10:19 PM   #7

Registry
most I know would accuse me of insanity, but I would do the same.

Good luck to her and your sale.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #8

Quote:
most I know would accuse me of insanity, but I would do the same.

Good luck to her and your sale.
Sorry, forgot to list price. I need $2000 to sell it. I also need to add that it does have a fresh water tank after all.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #9

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Thank you for the kind words. I just can not see us without her, and her odds of a close to normal life is 90%, so there is no way I could let her go. I can get another camper, it will just have to wait for a while , but I can not get another foxy (my Rat Terrior). This is a pic of her in the Amerigo on our last trip.

Years ago (while a poor, single, working mom) someone poisoned my beloved jack russell terrier. $3500 dollars, 5 days in a coma later, she had a full recovery. Best money I didn't have I ever spent! She lasted 17 1/2 years and was THE MOST AMAZING DOG EVER! I completely understand. The best to you!

Sharon
Old 01-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #10

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1981
Hi Billb -
Just sent you a private message.
Norman
Old 01-18-2008, 06:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Hi Billb -
Just sent you a private message.
Norman
Norman, pm'd you back

Sharon, I have a Jack Russell also, as a matter of fact, he is trying to lay on my computer as I type
Just have to love those Terrors
Glad your pup pulled through! Kind of scarry to see a member of the family go downhill like that
Old 02-21-2008, 02:56 PM   #12

Billb,
I'm a new member to the forum and I'm very interested in buying another small fiberglas trailer.
I say another because, foolishly, I sold my 13' U-Haul some time back. 20-20 hindsight works after the fact.
Do you still have your trailer.
And.
Is it still for sale.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Doug
Old 02-21-2008, 05:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Billb,
I'm a new member to the forum and I'm very interested in buying another small fiberglas trailer.
I say another because, foolishly, I sold my 13' U-Haul some time back. 20-20 hindsight works after the fact.
Do you still have your trailer.
And.
Is it still for sale.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Doug
Doug, yes I still have it, but really want to sell it locally only. I really do not like selling anything sight unseen. The trailer is in good shape, but far from perfect, and because of that, I want the person to look it over.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #14

I kind of messed up the previous post. If the trailer is still available would you contact me? 478 998 1512
thanks
Carlos Romero
Old 02-25-2008, 04:48 PM   #15

Registry
How is Pup Pup doing?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:26 AM   #16

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1985
Registry
for being good people and good dog lovers. I have 4, well who has who is debateable. Is your camper still for sale? I have to map quest your local to see if it feasable for me to even dream. Also; as you sure about the weight? Seems high. I can only tow 1600 max so would be out of the runnig if your is as you stated. j
Old 03-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #17

Quote:
for being good people and good dog lovers. I have 4, well who has who is debateable. Is your camper still for sale? I have to map quest your local to see if it feasable for me to even dream. Also; as you sure about the weight? Seems high. I can only tow 1600 max so would be out of the runnig if your is as you stated. j
Thank you all who inquired, but after we got our taxes back and skimped and skimped, oh and did I say we skimped? Our dog is now paid off and is doing pretty well. She has back about 90% of her use of legs and balance.

So now we can take her camping again this summer!

So I am glad to say it is not for sale! I will need to post a few questions this spring about replacing the rear brake light and what to do about the missing access panel behind the fridge.

thanks guys/gals
Old 03-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #18

Registry
Yay!!!!!!

I'll change your title..

hopefully.. you won't get bugged!
Old 03-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #19

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Thank you all who inquired, but after we got our taxes back and skimped and skimped, oh and did I say we skimped? Our dog is now paid off and is doing pretty well. She has back about 90% of her use of legs and balance.

So now we can take her camping again this summer!

So I am glad to say it is not for sale! I will need to post a few questions this spring about replacing the rear brake light and what to do about the missing access panel behind the fridge.

thanks guys/gals
Hi there neighbor! (I am in Champlin). Glad to hear the dog is doing well. You now have a healthy dog again and still get to keep the camper. Great news!
Hopefully summer and camping season will be here soon so we can use our campers.
Winter blues are setting in and spring fever is really hitting big time. :-)
Give that lucky dog a hug from us. She is one lucky dog to have such loving owners that have taken such wonderful care of her and given her a longer and better life. These dogs give us their all and make our lives so much happier. May you have many more happy years with your furry friend.
Best wishes and happy camping from
karalyn and her furry white campers@
http://karalynsmaltese.com/