No Longer For Sale: 2000 Scamp 5th wheel - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-08-2006, 07:57 AM   #15

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Taylor, I can honestly say that just about every day I go back and forth whether I want to keep it or sell it. As for the camper itself, I love it. I mean, reliability wise and all it's got to be one of the best on the market. If I could split it down the middle and add like a foot to make it wider, I wouldn't ever get rid of it.
I'm still really debating it. But, with me being a pretty big guy, my wife, my 2 kids, the dog, and occasionally my Mother-in-law, that's one full camper.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:27 AM   #16

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Quote:
Taylor, I can honestly say that just about every day I go back and forth whether I want to keep it or sell it
CHAD.. if your still debating i would wait till I knew I could let go. I know the first time I was gonna sell my 13 I really had mixed feelings about it... as we do get attached to our eggs. Then when I made up my mind I let it go to a really nice home and knew 'she' would be ok....
I think there was a tread on ' are you selling your scamp for all the wrong reasons? I am sure it was before the hacking...

Old 03-08-2006, 09:38 AM   #17

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Quote:
Taylor, I can honestly say that just about every day I go back and forth whether I want to keep it or sell it. As for the camper itself, I love it. I mean, reliability wise and all it's got to be one of the best on the market. If I could split it down the middle and add like a foot to make it wider, I wouldn't ever get rid of it.
I'm still really debating it. But, with me being a pretty big guy, my wife, my 2 kids, the dog, and occasionally my Mother-in-law, that's one full camper.
Yes it would be a bit cramped, we are going to start camping with our 4 grand children, In the wet Northwest. We will leave the tribe with Mom and dad tell it is a bit warmer
Old 03-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #18

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Well if I sell it, I don't think it will be for the wrong reason.
But, like I told the wife, it's really a trade off.
Keep our scamp, and it's less room, but much better quality.
Sell it for something else and it's more room, much less quality and probably more money.

So there is the debate. It's all preferences I guess.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #19

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Its always... decisions, decisions, decisions..LOL When i was Eggless I found a nice new 05 19ft Road Warrior... more square.. plenty of room.. a 'real' bed, microwave. tank monitor, and the bathroom was nice too.. BUT it was alittle bigger than i wanted to tow.. and wider..
It was at the end of the camping season and the offer was around 18K.... I decided I just couldnt do w/o a SCAMP.. so my patients paid off after 5 months and one came available
There is just me and the two dogs so cramped room isnt the issue with me.... I LOVE MY SCAMP!!

Tags
scamp