PA NO LONGER FOR SALE: 2006 13' Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #15

Name: Wendy
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Sure would be nice to rent what you want to buy before hand so you can learn about it better before making such a big purchase.
Gretchen, that is so true.

It would also be nice to be able to afford a small collection of campers. For what ever suits your mood or purpose.

~Wendy

Old 01-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #16

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Thank your mini van. I too think Your dream would not have been a good choice.

I really like our 13 for traveling, such an easy tow. But we keep thinking of that three foot extra with the 16. We don't need the headroom so our old 13 fits us fine. If one of us was tall we would then go for a new Scamp for sure.

Nancy

Old 01-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #17

Wendy, the 16 we want is the Scamp layout #7. No bath. Just like the 13 with a side dinette and a small, really small kit next to the closet. To keep weight down we would not have a refrigerator. those big refers stick out into the alley too much anyway, I get closed in feeling in the nice casitas with side dinette.

Very few 16 scamps are built with the layout we like.

If you haven't attended a fiberglass rally you really should to see what is being made now. I would not want an R-Pod...even if we could handle the weight.

Nancy
Old 01-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #18

Pennsylvania
Nancy, I would love to attend a fiberglass rally. I'll have to check for one around me in the future.

We bought our 13 footer without actually seeing one in person beforehand. But now I would love to check out a Scamp 16 or Casita 16 with the side dinette and front bath layout. I hope that will still be an easy tow with our '08 Nissan Quest minivan (tow capacity #3500).

That layout won't sleep four easily, but maybe my two girls and I can squeeze into the larger sleeping area and hubby can sleep on the dinette part. Then when the girls are out of the house and its just the two of us, it'd be the ideal layout for us.

~Wendy
Old 01-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #19

Wendy, If you haven't already, take a look at trailer weights in the real world thread. People do tow 16 foot trailers with mini vans. We won't unless we get a very basic one without options and work very hard at keeping the weight down.

the side dinette would make for a small bed. I would prefer the size of the front bunk, back removed over the side dinette for sleeping. If your husband can't take the size of the front bunk he would have trouble with the side dinette. Hip room of the front bunk is about 27 inches. side dinette is ?24 inches. Not sure how long the side is either. I never measured it as the front works better for us.

Wow, I looked at the specs of the R-Pods. those things are 18 inches wider going down the road than a Scamp.

Get to a gathering. They are fun.

Nancy
Old 01-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #20

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Hi Wendy! We too LOVE our Scamp 13. Was just wondering where you got the custom mattress for the rear dinette?

Thanks!

Melissa
Old 01-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #21

Pennsylvania
Hi Melissa,

We got our mattress from the following place in Pottstown, PA:

Magic Sleeper

We gave them a template for the mattress and selected the firmness and thickness we wanted and they had it ready for us in a little over a week. We are fortunate enough to live within an hour's drive so we can show them in person what we wanted and to pick it up ourselves.

It costs us around $150 and we are very happy with it. They ship also.

~Wendy
Old 01-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #22

Pennsylvania
I forgot to add that we got the economy firm mattress, so we probably paid less than $150.

I was happy that they didn't use the plaid cover for us. We got a plain white cover. And obviously there is no need for a box spring for our little campers.

~Wendy
Old 01-13-2014, 07:36 PM   #23

Pennsylvania
Nancy,

Thanks for the heads up on the width of the side dinette! We will wait until the kids are out of the house before we upgrade.

It seems sleeping space for four, bathroom, lightweight, and easy to tow is a very tall order for a camper.

~Wendy
Old 01-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #24

Name: Aaron
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
If you change your mind...

Hello Wendy,

If you change your mind about selling I would be very interested in your Scamp 13. I am located near State College, PA. email: acr140@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Aaron
Old 01-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #25

Pennsylvania
Hi Aaron,

At this point, I'm planning on upgrading to either a Scamp 16 or a Parkliner at the end of the year. I will keep you in mind when its time to sell.

~Wendy

Tags
scamp