PA NO LONGER FOR SALE: 2006 13' Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2014, 11:24 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
NO LONGER FOR SALE: 2006 13' Scamp

Our family of four has had many happy camping trips in this Scamp. But now that our kids have grown, we are looking to upgrade.

This Scamp has factory installed roof mount AC, electric brakes, 3 speed fan, and three way refrigerator. We also had a 2 inch receiver welded on the back of the scamp for a bike rack or cargo carrier.

There is a custom mattress made for the dinette since it was primarily used as a bed. Original cushions and covers are included. The front end of the scamp is the sofa/bunk layout. No bathroom.

Included is also an after market cover for the trailer. Asking $6,500.
Attached Thumbnails
scamp1.jpg   scamp2.jpg  

scamp3.jpg  
Old 01-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Welcome Wendy
Where are you located (at least State)?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #3

We are located in Reading, Pa.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #4

Wendy,
Any photos?What connector is used is the dinette still usable? Rmartin
Old 01-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #5

Hi Rmartin,

Yes, the dinette is still usable. It has a drop down table to convert it into a bed.

It is a 30 amp plug in to a campsite with electric and a 7 pin round connector to your tow vehicle.

It is snowing here in PA, when the weather is nicer I will post some indoor pictures. But it is the Scamp standard layout with dinette and sofa/bunk front. You can check their website for pictures of the inside. It is in good condition.

We are asking $6,500 but price is negotiable.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #6

Hello Wendy. I'm very interested. For some reason I can't bring up the picture you loaded. Could u send directly to me?
Also I'll have to buy a porta potty- is there a place to store it? I have to install a tow hitch will do shortly. I live in Cary nc (used to live in Poconos),so it's a long ride so. Your pictures are important my email is rmartin057@hotmail.com

Thanks

Russ Martin
Rmartin057@hotmail.com
Old 01-04-2014, 09:54 PM   #7

Name: Louis
Trailer: currentley shopping
New York
Louis

Would like to look at your scamp next weekend (Turs thru Sun), em lvfeltz@yahoo.com. thanks, Louis.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #8

A few people have asked for inside photos of the camper.

The weather here is yucky right now where we are in PA, so please excuse us for not taking stuff out of the camper and making it all pretty for the pictures. We just snapped some quick photos so you can see what it looks like on the inside.

I forgot to mention that the cabinet above the sofa/bunk is wired with two speakers and a radio/cd player. You can kind of see it in the picture.

The dinette is pictured with a custom made mattress. We have the original cushions and covers stored else where.

Please note that this camper is currently set up for city water only. We took out the fresh water spigot to free up a little more counter space
and we took out the fresh water tank so there is a little more storage space in the compartment that it was in. You can reattach a fresh water tank and a fresh water spigot if you prefer.

There are two electric outlets and many lights in the camper. It is bright and cozy when all set up.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20140105_152841_298.jpg   IMG_20140105_152819_843.jpg  

IMG_20140105_152809_277.jpg   IMG_20140105_152804_878.jpg  

IMG_20140105_152730_829.jpg   IMG_20140105_152720_853.jpg  

Old 01-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #9

Trailer: 17 ft Casita
Hi Wendy, Do you still have the fresh water tank etc? that was removed. Is the original carpet there, a water heater or screen door? Thanks Jon
Old 01-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #10

Hi Jon,

There is a screen door to the camper. There is no water heater. We use an electric water kettle to heat water to do dishes, etc.

We no longer have the fresh water tank. But check out Ian G.'s idea from his thread "It started as a kitchen reno" page 8. His idea is awesome and I think its better than a fresh water tank.

quote from Ian G.

"The water system uses an external 5 gallon insulated cooler that I installed a quick connect fitting in place of the spigot. The braided steel line leads directly to the electric water pump. We have used this system for the past 2 years and it works great, easy to refill, in really hot weather we add a block of ice."

Old 01-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #11

I forgot to add that the original carpet is still there and in good condition.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:55 AM   #12

Name: Wynn
Trailer: Rpod 190
Illinois
Scamp Camper for Sale?

Do you still have the camper? I am very interested
Old 01-12-2014, 11:31 PM   #13

We have decided to keep our Scamp for now. We were enticed by the new R-Pod floorplan R179 that is coming out this year, but in the end we realized our minivan wouldn't be able to handle it.

Thank you to all who were interested.

~Wendy
Old 01-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #14

Name: Gretchen
Trailer: Coachman Freedom Express
Tennessee
Dear Wendy,

Just want to tell you, we had an R-pod. I thought it was really cute, but one thing we HATED was we could only stand up in the middle. Doing dishes or cooking I felt like I had to hunch over and it was worse for my husband who is taller.

Also, the wheels stick out farther than the camper, so my husband didn't like having to keep that in mind driving it to keep the wheels on the road. We sold ours and I would not buy one again. Sure would be nice to rent what you want to buy before hand so you can learn about it better before making such a big purchase.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Sure would be nice to rent what you want to buy before hand so you can learn about it better before making such a big purchase.
Gretchen, that is so true.

It would also be nice to be able to afford a small collection of campers. For what ever suits your mood or purpose.

~Wendy
Old 01-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #16

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Thank your mini van. I too think Your dream would not have been a good choice.

I really like our 13 for traveling, such an easy tow. But we keep thinking of that three foot extra with the 16. We don't need the headroom so our old 13 fits us fine. If one of us was tall we would then go for a new Scamp for sure.

Nancy
Old 01-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #17

Wendy, the 16 we want is the Scamp layout #7. No bath. Just like the 13 with a side dinette and a small, really small kit next to the closet. To keep weight down we would not have a refrigerator. those big refers stick out into the alley too much anyway, I get closed in feeling in the nice casitas with side dinette.

Very few 16 scamps are built with the layout we like.

If you haven't attended a fiberglass rally you really should to see what is being made now. I would not want an R-Pod...even if we could handle the weight.

Nancy
Old 01-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #18

Nancy, I would love to attend a fiberglass rally. I'll have to check for one around me in the future.

We bought our 13 footer without actually seeing one in person beforehand. But now I would love to check out a Scamp 16 or Casita 16 with the side dinette and front bath layout. I hope that will still be an easy tow with our '08 Nissan Quest minivan (tow capacity #3500).

That layout won't sleep four easily, but maybe my two girls and I can squeeze into the larger sleeping area and hubby can sleep on the dinette part. Then when the girls are out of the house and its just the two of us, it'd be the ideal layout for us.

~Wendy
Old 01-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #19

Wendy, If you haven't already, take a look at trailer weights in the real world thread. People do tow 16 foot trailers with mini vans. We won't unless we get a very basic one without options and work very hard at keeping the weight down.

the side dinette would make for a small bed. I would prefer the size of the front bunk, back removed over the side dinette for sleeping. If your husband can't take the size of the front bunk he would have trouble with the side dinette. Hip room of the front bunk is about 27 inches. side dinette is ?24 inches. Not sure how long the side is either. I never measured it as the front works better for us.

Wow, I looked at the specs of the R-Pods. those things are 18 inches wider going down the road than a Scamp.

Get to a gathering. They are fun.

Nancy
Old 01-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #20

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Hi Wendy! We too LOVE our Scamp 13. Was just wondering where you got the custom mattress for the rear dinette?

Thanks!

Melissa

Tags
scamp