CA Play Pac - $4500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #1

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
Play Pac - $4500

hey gang,
well ... its been several months of getting my first Play Pac dialed in. of course mid-way through i found the Super Play Pac and just had to go for it so i finished up my renovation (still haven't even touched the new one) and am ready to get my first play pac back into circulation. its listed locally here in Monterey. between the countless hours of restoration work and having driven across the country to locate it centrally, i look forward to getting some of the total cost of what i have put into it.

as always - your help made all of my major renovations possible and as i turn to my new (old) Play Pac to see what i might need to do, i will be chiming in frequently. i'll eventually make a renovation posting to chronicle everything i did with this one, but for now i am exhausted, and just wanted to get it sold!

thanks everyone. craigslist ad follows with photos:
---------------------------------------------------------

According to the creator of the Play Pac Hitch Hut, there were only 75 ever made and an estimated dozen left in existence. It is the first all-fiberglass travel trailer ever made in the United States, a piece of American History, and also a fun way to get out and see this beautiful country. Of the few different 13’ fiberglass trailer I’ve seen, the Play Pac hands-down has the greatest interior volume. I began a major restoration in earnest to make it mine, when another Play Pac appeared out of nowhere – but it was the Super Play Pac model and almost completely intact. With there being so few, this was my only chance at one so close to original. I bought it and now I have two … so one has to go.

The previous owner and I have worked very hard to bring this Play Pac up to date. Major modifications include – previous owner installing a solid Solar-powered system that has brought us much off-the-grid happiness. I have just completed a major interior restoration that involved fiber-glassing in support material to accommodate a column that I built. It supports the passenger side nearly eliminating the characteristic door sag on most of these older trailers.

The interior is a clean canvas ready for a hobbyist to turn into their own little paradise on wheels or a first timer who wishes to start out simply before commissioning an expensive brand-new trailer. I would say the one thing it really could use (cosmetically) is a new paint job. Otherwise, it’s ready to camp in tonight!

Following is a list of new/existing features, extras, and other relevant info. Please feel free to ask questions. Goes to first buyer with $4500 CASH. Serious only.

New CLEAR Title in my name
New California Permanent Trailer Tag
New 2-burner stovetop
New stove top cover
New propane gas line & regulator
New head liner
New Ramsond Solar charge controller
New battery box
New custom deluxe cushions
New flooring
New LED running light bulbs
New rub rail trim
New tire cover

Also:
12V DC/110 AC system
400W Cobra inverter
40w solar panel
Voltmeter
12V deep cycle 110 AH RV/ Marine battery
Shore Power 110 AC inlet
Spare tire
Built-in rear stabilizer jacks
2" towing coupler
Flat-4 trailer light wiring
1 1/2" Polystyrene insulation
Clean Porta Potti in closet
Dome skylight
Roof vent
Partially original interior
2' Tongue extension adding significant ease of maneuverability
Throw in Ikea LED interior reading light
Throw in spare set of running light lenses
No smoking
No pets

Other:
Very campable, but she mostly needs a new paint job as the exterior shows it's age, with superficial cracks/pitting in the fiberglass. Windows are original, a bit scratched, but not broken. 3 windows open fine; driver's side is siliconed shut. Comes with key and working door handle/lock. The floor has been replaced and is solid. The water system has been disconnected, but I still have the old tank – happy to throw it in. Brand new custom cut/sewn cushions. Custom built, heavily insulated icebox, but I can include an old small propane/12V refrigerator, which could fit below the 2-burner stove. Also have an old large black water tank that I never got around to retrofitting - happy to throw that in too. Wheel bearings were repacked 2 summers ago. Light weight, previously towed behind a Subaru Forester and currently by a '95 Tacoma.

Exterior: Length, hitch to spare 15', Width 8’6”, Height 83”

This neat little piece of history is ready to tow anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
01.jpg   02.jpg  

03.jpg   04.jpg  

05.jpg   06.jpg  

07.jpg   10.jpg  

11.jpg   09.jpg  

Old 07-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
Play Pac is sold. Thanks everyone for the calls, emails, texts, etc.