Prices ! (holy bleep!) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Angry Prices ! (holy bleep!)

I was in a local RV dealer yesterday, looking for a new cable hatch for my Boler. (broke the "lid" off mine), and looked at some of the other stuff that "would be nice".

The prices were a bit of a shocker!

I looked at Fantastic Fans and at Maxx-Air vent covers. A Maxx-Air vent cover for $495.00! They are on Evil-Bay in the $100 range! (Brand new ones, from a dealer.)

There was the same type of price spread on the cable hatch - $7.95 on EvilBay, $39.00 at the dealer.

I felt like they must think that all of their customers hop in on a pogo-stick with their heads wrapped in Cellophane - looking just like a real sucker!
Old 05-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
That kind of dealership is a great place to shop the shelves, touch and pick out what you want, then order it online.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #3

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Sounds like they cater to the old farts with lots of $.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp
Registry
That price is high even if they included install
Old 05-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Yup we get taken around here! Its the big down side to living in or near the most expensive city in NA and third most expensive in English speaking countries in the world! Yup that was last weeks news item. Its a good thing we have a great hockey team this year to keep us smiling!

You need to take up going across the line. I know lots of people here would say Camping World is expensive but for me/you its cheap! Get a membership and get them to ship you the goods or take a day drive down to Burlington Washington & load up on what you need.

Or better still attend the Bandon, Oregon meet and do all your big ticket shopping for the trailer in Oregon - tax free. A few of us do at least one full day of shopping in the Portland area before heading home. Fantastic Fan on sale for $140 was the big score a couple of years ago, last year it was Maxxi Window vents...... this year I have my eye on a new bike for me! :-))
Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Yup we get taken around here! Its the big down side to living in or near the most expensive city in NA and third most expensive in English speaking countries in the world! Yup that was last weeks news item. Its a good thing we have a great hockey team this year to keep us smiling!

You need to take up going across the line. I know lots of people here would say Camping World is expensive but for me/you its cheap! Get a membership and get them to ship you the goods or take a day drive down to Burlington Washington & load up on what you need.

Or better still attend the Bandon, Oregon meet and do all your big ticket shopping for the trailer in Oregon - tax free. A few of us do at least one full day of shopping in the Portland area before heading home. Fantastic Fan on sale for $140 was the big score a couple of years ago, last year it was Maxxi Window vents...... this year I have my eye on a new bike for me! :-))

I wind up going to Bellingham about once a week or so, and "Mount Vermin" is a once a month thing - and since Burlington is on the way to MV....

Thanx for the tip!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #7

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
The prices are 25% of what you'd pay locally but it's "Evil" Bay?
Sounds more like "Godsend" Bay to me.