Referral: Scamp 16' for sale in Nebraska - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #1

Trailer: Rockwood Pop-up
Here is a link to the craigslist listing for a 16' Scamp. Thought someone might be interested.
http://lincoln.craigslist.org/rvs/1830537868.html
Old 07-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Quote:
Here is a link to the craigslist listing for a 16' Scamp. Thought someone might be interested.
http://lincoln.craigslist.org/rvs/1830537868.html
Actually, I'm crunching numbers with a professional hauler I've worked with to see about getting it. Don't know that I can pull it off, though. If I can wrangle the cash, I might make a run for it on my own.

The guy who is helping the elderly owner sell it says that the shell and wiring's good, he doesn't know much about the interior and such but is sending me pics in the am. He said that it seemed that the tongue had been welded/repaired. I'm also going to call the actual owner tomorrow morning, as I now have the direct phone number.

If there's anybody in the Lincoln area who might be able to give me a hand, please PM me.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Actually, I'm crunching numbers with a professional hauler I've worked with to see about getting it. Don't know that I can pull it off, though. If I can wrangle the cash, I might make a run for it on my own.

The guy who is helping the elderly owner sell it says that the shell and wiring's good, he doesn't know much about the interior and such but is sending me pics in the am. He said that it seemed that the tongue had been welded/repaired. I'm also going to call the actual owner tomorrow morning, as I now have the direct phone number.

If there's anybody in the Lincoln area who might be able to give me a hand, please PM me.
I contacted him as well and as of 8 this morning it was sold.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Quote:
I contacted him as well and as of 8 this morning it was sold.
Thanks for the update. What a bummer. I'd actually held out hope that the "sold" status was due to my convo with the guy last night, but since I hadn't been able to get through this am, and haven't heard back...well.

Deals like this, you have to be able to send them cash ASAP on faith. They'd promised to send me some pics this am (he was going to take photos today), but by then it was too late. Someone local must have showed up, or someone had said they'd take it sight unseen.

I think it's time that I started carrying a "retrieval kit" in my truck...and a jam jar full of greenbacks!

M

Tags
scamp