SCAM: 2001 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe (Harrisonburg, VA CL) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
I think this is my first post. I have been lurking and learning, and drooling. I noticed this ad on CL tonight, and may go look at the trailer, although I really want one with the side bath and front sofa/bunks. But at this price it would be a good deal if everything works...
EDIT: Of course, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is! I have emailed the "seller" and will let you know what response I get. Many thanks to Robin for pointing out the identical ad in WY. Another reason this site is so helpful.

The ad:

<blockquote>Custom Mattress made !!! 2001 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe (Harrisonburg)

Length: 17 feet
Slide outs: None
Sleeping capacity: 3
Awnings: 1
Water capacity: 21-30 gallons
Air conditioners: 1
Leveling jacks included: Yes

</blockquote>The link: CL Link

pics link: pics

From the format, it appears that the trailer may also be listed on ebay or elsewhere (I haven't checked).
Old 05-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Tom, You did great for your first post!

But I think this is a scam.............................. Cause the same Ad is in Wyoming, I found it in Wy yesterday, but just had a weird feeling and I emailed the seller and only got a response a few minutes ago. I replied that I would like to see the trailer in person, so if I could set up a time to come look at it I was very interested. Of course no reply as of yet. But here's the link to the Wy craigslist Ad. Same Trailer. http://wyoming.en.craigslist.org/rvs/1188266592.html

I purposely didn't post the ad cause something smelled kinda fishy to me! But had spoke with another member here about it, and if it was legit it was a great deal. But wanted to wait till I got an email from them to see if I could investigate before hand. hmmmmm, sneaky thief's! Now I know for sure it's crappppppppy thief's.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #3

Sorry Tom, I know your were excited! But I wanted to warn you. Like I said I saw the Ad yesterday and thought hmm, so emailed to be on the safe side as well as we have a friend who is looking so I would have passed the ad on to him had I thought it was legit. Also told another member here about it, though they are looking for a 13 footer. Will be interesting to see what email you get back. I can post mine so you can see it. I am sure it's a generic email. But I also wanted to say, You did great for your first post, all the info was there. We all tend to get so excited when we find our first one to post that we leave out half the info. You did great! Robin

Ok, here is the email I received from the seller, I didn't not get a response to my CAN I COME AND SEE IT?

Quote:
[b]Hi I'm Carrie , The
17' Spirit Deluxe Casita is still for sale. It is in perfect shape. It
has no scratches, dents and was never involved in any accidents or
something like that. It has been Garaged or Covered Since New, it has
an Awning, Roof A/C with heat strip, Water Heater,Restroom/Shwr, 2
Burner Stove, Large 3 Way Fridge, Custom Mattress made for Casita, 2
Propane Bottles, Etc..Mechanically, the trailer in excellent
condition.Everything works like new. Never smoked in and no pets. No
stains or tears anywhere. It has all options that were available except
the propane furnace but it does have heater built in to the roof AC
that works great. Also includes sway bar for towing. All serviced and ready to go! The title is clear and on my name. I am forced to sell quickly because I need money to pay the mortgage on my house. Here are some pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/carriebarbarar...taTravelTrailer# [b]My final price is $ 5.100
. I already has tons of emails so I hope you understand that I need to
sort them out. I will take in consideration only those buyers who are
really interested in buying the trailer, to be sure that I don't waste
my time with endless discussions. This way, I shall be assured of the
serious intentions. [b]Thank you. [b]P.S.
I already put on eBay at Buy It Now $ 5,100 so you can purchase it
there. That way you will receive assistance for the purchase,
paperwork, title transfer and an extended warranty. The trailer also is
guaranteeing purchases up to $ 10.000 so we will both be protected.

I checked ebay and can't seem to find it? Maybe someone else has better ebay skills and can find out where the darn trailer really is. Cause actually, one of these ads could be a mistake. BUT! And that's a BIG BUT I would question it.

I did send another email saying I am very interested and would like to come see it, No response so far. So if it's not a scam, it sure is a crazy ad. Check it out before you send money................................
Old 05-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #4

Tom, besides the price, a couple of other things got my radar up, and I just remembered what it was. The Door? I have never seen a square door on a Casita............. Has anyone else? Since this is advertised as a 2001, I just think it would be weird that they already had to replace the door. Hopefully someone can tell us if a square door was put on a round trailer?

Just found it advertised in Hawaii and Lexington Kentucky as well, Same Ad.
Attached Thumbnails
scam.jpg  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Hey Robin: Thanks for all the recon! No way am I sending money to anyone at this point. I am in the early stages of learning and looking. Wasn't planning to buy until early next year (although I could be convinced if the right deal came along). Anyway, it sure is fun to look.

Looks like the Harrisonburg CL listing finally got pulled as well.

Tags
casita