IA Scamp 19ft 5th wheel 1985 - $5000 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: SCAMP
Iowa
Scamp 19ft 5th wheel 1985 - $5000

I have an 85 Scamp 19ft 5th wheel forsale which is in good shape.
Fiberglass looks like all campers of this age, but has no major issues.
Everything works and the camper is very clean. It thas 5th wheel hitch and a very well built bumper hitch so you can pull it either way.
I can help with transportation in the midwest. $5000 located in southeast Iowa. I can send photos and may update this post if someone shows some interest in the camper.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #2

Iowa
Photos

If these are not viewable please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4593.jpg   IMG_4595.jpg  

IMG_4596.jpg   IMG_4597.jpg  

IMG_4598.jpg   IMG_4599.jpg  

Old 09-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Randy L. Send a message via Yahoo to Randy L.
Interested

Does this have Complete bath and holding tanks, can you pm me how to contact you. Thanks
Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #4

Iowa
Responce about shower and bathroom

I removed the stool at is was a stand alone tank unit the need repair. These are availalble from Scamp, but most camper and boat parts suppliers have much nicer units avaiable which I have seen most people upgrade to in Scamp trailers. The shower in functional and returns to the grey water tank which is shares with the sink. We use the shower as a place to store things as we camp at state parks with full service bath houses. I can include a photo but it is just as clean as the rest of the camper.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #5

Name: Ken
Trailer: 19' Scamp
Nebraska
If I was in the market I would be calling, but since I have a similar one I'll keep what I have..
Interesting though is I got in trouble for suggesting a hitch conversion such as yours..
I must say I like the looks of it. Did you do that or was it that way??

How do you like it?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #6

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
man thats a nice set up. keep your phone line clear, your going to be getting calls on this one.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #7

Name: Ron
Trailer: 1999 17' Casita
Texas
5th wheel Scamp

Is your Scamp still for sale. If so, or even if not, could you text me at 713-584-3982. I can leave when you are ready. Thanks for your reply. Ron W.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #8

Iowa
My Camper is still forsale and can be back to 5th wheel only hitch in less than 5 minutes. The bumper pull hitch is a 7000 lbs bulldog which is much better than the factory hitch. The steel is much better than the factory frame, and because the front of the camper is lower the axle and hitch weight ratio is much better. With 500 on the bumper and 1500 on the axle, it is well below the ratings of any frame attached reciever hitch and the 3500 lb axle on the trailer. It pulls very well either way as it weights less than most bass boats.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Carl, is the scamp 5th wheel still available? I believe it is just what we are looking for. Is this the best way to contact you?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:53 AM   #10

Iowa
gleason84, I private messaged back to you with my contact information. I am taking this camper 2 hours north of me to Waterloo Iowa on Friday 9/28 at 10 AM so someone else can look at it. If anyone else lives in this area it would be a good time to come look at it. Basically I can have it in the Waterloo area most of the day.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #11

Name: Scott
Trailer: Scamp 1981 16 foot
Michigan
Tow Hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Haffner View Post
I have an 85 Scamp 19ft 5th wheel forsale which is in good shape.
Fiberglass looks like all campers of this age, but has no major issues.
Everything works and the camper is very clean. It thas 5th wheel hitch and a very well built bumper hitch so you can pull it either way.
I can help with transportation in the midwest. $5000 located in southeast Iowa. I can send photos and may update this post if someone shows some interest in the camper.
Carl, Do you have any close up photos of your cool hitch set up on your 19ft that you could send to me. I really like the idea. I have a 1988 5th wheel that I'm ready to put on the market, your hitch set up opens up a whole new market for someone looking for a biger Scamp and not having a big truck. Thanks, Scott
Old 09-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #12

Iowa
Thumbs up My view of Scamp Hitches

I want to make sure everyone understands that using a non-factory hitch with your camper is totally up to you. I purchased my camper and neither hitch I purchased was made by the factory, there for I and I alone am responsible for my camper not the people that sold it to me. Believe it or not many people want to blame anyone but themselves for things they are actually responsible for. That being said if you PM me via this site I can send you photos of both of the hitches, which are much, much stronger than the factory flip over latch setup or the bolt to the pickup box angle iron type. From what I see the factory has also started using a heavier hitch on their new 5th wheels. I really like these guys products and believe they are one of the best companies I have ever seen or worked with. Therefor I am selling my camper and the hitches are free as listed on the bill of sale and if you use them its up to you too insure they are acceptable and working properly. If you don't like them you can purchase the factory one.

As I tell my teenages sons "You and You alone are responsible for your actions"

Believe it or not someone tried to use there fiberglass egg camper as a U-Haul trailer while moving across the USA and when the axle broke they tried to sue the company. So if you load 4000 lbs of house hold goods into a trailer with a 1500 lbs axle and try to drive 65 MPH across Nebraska when its 100 degrees don't try and blame anyone else when the axle goes bad.

Anyway sueing someone because you spill hot coffee in your lap and other such things is one of my pet peive items, as you can tell.

Tags
scamp