Scamp Brake Parts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #1

Trailer: 1981 Scamp 13 ft
I have recently replaced the axle in my 81 Scamp 13.The original axle was a hershenen or something like that,i called Scamp about getting a brake magnet and was told that no parts were available as that company had been gone for years.I decided to replace the ax;e with a new Dexter including brakes. I have left for the old brakes 1 good magnet and 4 brake shoes and spring/adjusters ect; Anyone who could use these just pay the shipping and make a donation here and they are yours.Shipping should be less than $10 as they will easily fit in one of the $8.10 priority mail cartons.Hope this helps someone. Don
Old 04-20-2007, 07:02 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 Bigfoot 13.5 ft / 05 Freestar
Quote:
I have recently replaced the axle in my 81 Scamp 13.The original axle was a hershenen or something like that,i called Scamp about getting a brake magnet and was told that no parts were available as that company had been gone for years.I decided to replace the ax;e with a new Dexter including brakes. I have left for the old brakes 1 good magnet and 4 brake shoes and spring/adjusters ect; Anyone who could use these just pay the shipping and make a donation here and they are yours.Shipping should be less than $10 as they will easily fit in one of the $8.10 priority mail cartons.Hope this helps someone. Don
If the axle was a Henschen you can find them in the helpful links on this site and you may have been able to purchase parts. They don't sell direct but through dealers.
Bill
Old 04-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #3

Trailer: 1981 Scamp 13 ft
Smile

Thanks for the info,i dont feel bad about replacing the axle as it was setteled way down and had no spring action left. I am dissapointed that i was given bad information by someone in the Scamp parts department that the company that made the axle was long ago bought out by Dexter and no parts are available Thanks Don
Old 04-21-2007, 08:33 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Northern Tool sells brake assemblies so cheep that it far more cost effective to just purchase the complete assembly than replace the individual components.

Tags
scamp